"my Wife Says.........."

bloody tiger

I've gotten to like the silent treatment. At first it drove me mad trying to get to the bottom of the issue and talk it out. Now I just don't worry and go on my way. A few days or a week and then maybe she wants to talk a little but it's mostly little things that have been bugging her. I did learn that you can never win so one thing I don't do is give it back. We have a Thai couple friends and they went 2-3 months without talking to each other until he broke. You can never win this game. I go on with normal conversation and communication and just accept the minimal return communication.

I've come to see the value of not talking when either of us are hot about something - that's when things you regret get said. After some times everything gets more perspective and the kiss and make up is much easier.

The silent treatment beats the heck out of getting your ear chewed off. I've had both ways now and I'll take the silent treatment any day.

Have sex, that usually works.

My ex wife used to give me the silent treatment. It drove me mental and it's one of the many reasons why she is an ex wife.

Took me a long time to realise she used this method to hid the fact that she was too stupid to conduct a discussion where she might be the one in the wrong.

i get a the silent treatment for about 20 minutes, and according to her that means it's over and can never get discussed again or the fight is on again.

not to mention she is never wrong in her opinion.

getting to like this system, at first it near done my head in.

first thing i learned is never swear at a thai wife, second thing i learned is dog mouth,dog mouth cracks me up so much,i just cant stop laughing.

unfortunately the third thing is don't laugh at them when there angry, thats impossible.

i laugh so hard i cant talk anyway.

go silent for two weeks for the slightest provocation.

I wish mine did that.

Now theres census to take. How many get the silent treatment when the wife is mad, and how many get 2 ear fulls for the rest of the day. Mine does the silent treatment, so there's a running count of 2 to 1 so far on this thread. Anyone else want to count off??

Silent treatment for 24 hours, followed by coping an earful for the next 48 hours. :D

It's what triggers the silent treatment that gets me. I say something to SWMBO. She replies what did you say? So I repeat louder, and again get the Alainer? Raise my voice again, and it's. If you talk loud to me, I no talk with you. :)

One time she came to ask me something, then said. "Oh, I forget, I no talk with you" :D

Just got back from Tesco/Lotus, the silent treatment started on the drive back. I had been complaining about her 19yr old lazy, stupid, good for nothing son. Luckily, while in Tesco I bought a case of beer. Now I'm back home I'm happily settled in my room with my fish tank, computer, and beer. It should be safe to come out in the morning.

I've gotten to like the silent treatment. At first it drove me mad trying to get to the bottom of the issue and talk it out. Now I just don't worry and go on my way. A few days or a week and then maybe she wants to talk a little but it's mostly little things that have been bugging her. I did learn that you can never win so one thing I don't do is give it back. We have a Thai couple friends and they went 2-3 months without talking to each other until he broke. You can never win this game. I go on with normal conversation and communication and just accept the minimal return communication.

I've come to see the value of not talking when either of us are hot about something - that's when things you regret get said. After some times everything gets more perspective and the kiss and make up is much easier.

The silent treatment beats the heck out of getting your ear chewed off. I've had both ways now and I'll take the silent treatment any day.

Make up sex is the best sex!

Just got back from Tesco/Lotus, the silent treatment started on the drive back. I had been complaining about her 19yr old lazy, stupid, good for nothing son. Luckily, while in Tesco I bought a case of beer. Now I'm back home I'm happily settled in my room with my fish tank, computer, and beer. It should be safe to come out in the morning.

that is a very wise plan.

Its a status symbol to have a thai wife. You have to flaunt it

It is? I guess if you bagged a hi-so chinese from an influential family. I can hardly see having a country girl with nothing more than a good heart is something one wants to flaunt. One never knows if they married you for your life insurance proceeds upon ones demise.

What's with the "hi-so Chinese from an influential family" bashing? Are women (rich/poor) to be flaunted? God help those women who are flaunted by their husbands or boyfriends. And please avoid sweeping statements and generalities. Anyone can have a good heart, or a wicked heart. Ethnicity nor money can dictate what your heart truly is.

My ex wife used to give me the silent treatment. It drove me mental and it's one of the many reasons why she is an ex wife.

Took me a long time to realise she used this method to hid the fact that she was too stupid to conduct a discussion where she might be the one in the wrong.

My wife sometimes tries the silent treatmant.

I just do the same and ignore her, as sooner or later I know she will approach me for money, than suddenly it`s would you like a coffee darling, why don`t you go and have a sleep while I cook dinner? when this happens I reply, how much money is it this time and for what?

Edited by sassienie

My wife sometimes tries the silent treatmant.

I just do the same and ignore her, as sooner or later I know she will approach me for money, than suddenly it`s would you like a coffee darling, why don`t you go and have a sleep while I cook dinner? when this happens I reply, how much money is it this time and for what?

So inspiring to hear of relationships that time has not robbed of their spontaneity.

:)

My mrs normally says if am i making a statement about something "you have big story! Go talk to your computerrr mia noi , she like listen to you, she can do everything for you" :D

Another "i am boring about this too"

Another words shut the f"ck up!

Its a status symbol to have a thai wife. You have to flaunt it

It is? I guess if you bagged a hi-so chinese from an influential family. I can hardly see having a country girl with nothing more than a good heart is something one wants to flaunt. One never knows if they married you for your life insurance proceeds upon ones demise.

How I hate generalisations.

My wife is a city girl and not a hiso.

I know that she didn't marry me for my life insurance proceeds, she married me because I have a good heart.

I have known my wife since 1993 when I was still married in the UK.

I divorced my UK wife in 1999 and married my Thai wife in 2000 and, no she never asked me to marry her.

Now we live out in the sticks with a much nicer way of living and we are content with each other.

What, with the sister or cousin :)

When having a tense moment with the wifey recently she has been saying "you logic"

Me taking it that she has decided to take my point of view have stopped the debate and gone back to normal stupid farang mode..

This morning after another "you logic" I thought uuummm this is not making much sense...

Here dear show me Thai "logic" in the dictionary

"You logic" turns out to be " You โรคจิต"

You mental disorder :D

So for weeks i thought she was praising me in times of discussion but it turns out she has been calling me bonkers! :)

The good side to this is everytime she has called me bonkers i've stopped the debate and and agreed with her.

"Chai Me logik" :D

Ignorance is bliss....