Pfa Awards

The Vulcan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should rescind the award and wait for the outcome of the ThaiVisa football forum vote! :D :D

Well Vulc, even if they did that Vidic would win anyway. Quite while you are behind mate. :)

Quit, quite or quiet? :D

both mate. thanks :D

I think they should rescind the award and wait for the outcome of the ThaiVisa football forum vote! :D :D

Well Vulc, even if they did that Vidic would win anyway. Quite while you are behind mate. :)

Quit, quite or quiet? :D

both mate. thanks :D

Both is two - I gave you THREE options! Keep counting, you'll get there :D :D

Can we move on or should we ask Jstar to pin this up because it's so important? :)

you can move on all you like. you don't have to be involved in every bloody thread on here you know. :D

stevie, when it involves a united player I will be involved thanks. but then again, I don't really feel the need to ask your permission :D

The only thing we are UNITED about is your pathetic attempt to win something this year - albeit not a real trophy :)

What a <deleted> you are.

Vulcan, did you happen to read the recent thread on banter?

I recommend it.

no, he's too busy taking photos of graffiti on buildings. don't mind him :D

The only thing we are UNITED about is your pathetic attempt to win something this year - albeit not a real trophy :)

I recommend it.

see i'd definitely file 'what a <deleted> you are' under 'banter'. but then i don't generally like 'banter' or think that it's a good thing.

I recommend it.

see i'd definitely file 'what a <deleted> you are' under 'banter'. but then i don't generally like 'banter' or think that it's a good thing.

stevie a <deleted> is an insult, not banter at all but then again consider the source of it.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck - it's probably floats so is made of wood and therefore is a witch so burn him I say. :D

stevie a <deleted> is an insult, not banter at all but then again consider the source of it.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck - it's probably floats so is made of wood and therefore is a witch so burn him I say. :)

but then banter should be insulting. it's rivalry and it's tribal, it shouldn't be 'fun'. witty and funny by all means, but not a sterile thing. this is probably the wrong thread for this discussion as it goes, i stayed away from the banter thread for this very reason.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck - it's probably floats so is made of wood and therefore is a witch so burn him I say. :)

but then banter should be insulting. it's rivalry and it's tribal, it shouldn't be 'fun'. witty and funny by all means, but not a sterile thing. this is probably the wrong thread for this discussion as it goes, i stayed away from the banter thread for this very reason.

so if I called you a pussy (aka <deleted>) you won't mind? thanks.

so if I called you a pussy (aka <deleted>) you won't mind? thanks.

<deleted> has a very different translation in english to the americanised 'pussy'. not the same thing.

but i wouldn't mind as it goes. though i suspect the exchange would very soon run downhill. as banter should. :D

I enjoy banter-if we lose I expect to take some grief but if we are winning, I will give it.

The problem with a few on here is they can't separate banter from insults.

Do they think calling me names will make me lose sleep at night?

Perhaps if they got their wrists slapped from time to time when they cross the line we wouldn't be having these silly debates, but I don't run the show.

And here's another example.

Example of what?

Yes, I see the word "<deleted>" - but do i see someone calling someone else a "<deleted>"? - "erm, no i don't".

So what's your point exactly?

Banter and personal insult are two entirely different things. Much as i'm sure we'd all enjoy indulging in a bit of the latter at times (in our heads we are surely doing it all the time), we refrain (or at least some of us do) because a trade of personal insults would quickly become boring and pointless. (it's also extremely cowardly to be banding about such insults when sat behind the safety of your keyboard).

Insult teams, don't insult other posters is the key. Well it is for me and the moment that changes, i won't be sticking around.

" Banter " again is getting confused me see's..

It's not Rocket Science Chaps & Chapettes..

From the Dictionary

Banter = an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.

Writing " What a <deleted> you are " isn't banter at all & is a <deleted> insult which i highly doubt wouldn't be said to someone's face, whereus Banter would, thta's the difference..

Guys (and migsy), let's stay on course here, there are far too many forums and topics that degenerate beyond the topic at hand, I happen to think the footie forum has a pretty good thing going.

Yea we cross the line sometimes but hopefully, just, we are intelligent enough to know when, and are not too proud to admit, just take it back and move on.

We have more important things to worry about besides a few ill timed tackles.

Go UTD :)

So, we're unanimous in our contempt and condemnation of the "winner" - let's put up a poll for the PFA player of the year award as voted for by the ThaiVisa football forum.

How can you be contemptous of Ryan Giggs? His fellow players voted him this award for whatever reason.! What is your qualification?

Perhaps if they got their wrists slapped from time to time when they cross the line we wouldn't be having these silly debates, but I don't run the show.

He actually does have a point. I have asked that you dont get into slagging matches with each other. Banter is one thing but personal insults is another. Last public warning lads. Next time i will have to issue individual ones. Which i would rather not. Lets keep in on topic and have the banter. :)