Thai Music

smx1313

Hi,

I lived in BKK from about '05 to '07.

Now I'm back in the states an finding that I really miss Thai music.

I've tried searching online for thia radio but without much luck.

I have to filter thru endless links to get to a "station" that is down.

I've been using Youtube like a jukebox, listening to Kayoke videos, but the cheesy pop is starting to wear on me.

Can anybody recommend a online link or station where I can listen to traditional Thai music.

I tended to lean toward, for lack of a better term, "country".

Thanks, kap.

Thanks TEFLMike,

That link leads to a site like several others I've visited and have grown frustrated with.

Vauge links that often don't work.

I clicked on several of the links on the page you found, many of the links don't work.

A problem I keep running into.

Or stuff thats the same music they play here in NYC.

I'm looking for a station playing thai music for thai's.

Preferably thai "country".

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

I lived in BKK from about '05 to '07.

Now I'm back in the states an finding that I really miss Thai music.

I've tried searching online for thia radio but without much luck.

I have to filter thru endless links to get to a "station" that is down.

I've been using Youtube like a jukebox, listening to Kayoke videos, but the cheesy pop is starting to wear on me.

Can anybody recommend a online link or station where I can listen to traditional Thai music.

I tended to lean toward, for lack of a better term, "country".

Thanks, kap.

Well, no luck with online radio.

But.

I did buy a very mysterious CD online.

The CD is called Siamese Temple Ball, but it has also been released on LP as 70's Thai Orchestra.

My research gets the same answer on several websites. Collectors know of it, but nobody knows anything about it.

One weird clue. The inner notes, the names of the songs, are written in pen on guesthouse "paid" receipt.

But.

The CD is called Siamese Temple Ball, but it has also been released on LP as 70's Thai Orchestra.

My research gets the same answer on several websites. Collectors know of it, but nobody knows anything about it.

One weird clue. The inner notes, the names of the songs, are written in pen on guesthouse "paid" receipt.

how no luck with on line radio ...did you not try http://www.97pattaya.com/nd4pattaya/index.php all live various music on it ....

But.

how no luck with on line radio ...did you not try http://www.97pattaya.com/nd4pattaya/index.php all live various music on it ....

Yes, I tried them, but could only find disco.

I'm looking for stuff that is very Thai, folk, tradional. I've had some luck with Loog thung music...but I have no idea what loog thung is. Or if it's a style or what...

Here on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=thanou...;view=playlists

Hello!If not radio - there is something else in abundance:mp3 compilations,they are not strictly legal,but you dont care do you?there are also legal editions available.On one CD you will find 120 songs.

If you have friends in BKK they can buy or copy and send to you.Cost? in LOS - 50B;in place where I am now - called Golden Mile, they cost 6US$ a piece,but there is great choice of them.I used to send them to friends in US - never any problems.

I had program in my comp,sort of internet radio,which could find about half a dozen of stations from LOS,

not more,only 2 or 3 - working.

On YouTube - you can find,watch and listen to one wonder girl from Buriram called- Palmy,many songs,you may like her.Do you like Chintara or Kampi?

Salutos!