Family Fury As Childminder Is Deported 'like Criminal'

watcher101

he imports a wife, has a child, can't afford childcare so imports wife's sister

and then has the front to moan about it - is their no embarassment for being such a poor excuse for a husband and father?

scum scum scum

assuming of course they aren't actually doing something else

After reading this thread I agree the immigration officer acted correctly as she admitted to violating the terms of her visa. If someone is working in any capacity they are not a tourist. Also the repeated string of tourist visa also indicates abuse of that type of visa though given that she did have a visa had she stuck to the tourist line she would not have so easily been deported.

As far as her being thrown in jail without a translator I'm not sure. I guess they can't hire a translator for everyone who doesn't speak Irish or English.

seems she'd done multiple 3 month tourist visits whilst not a tourist - even on their version of events :D

he took one thai woman to ireland for a better life as a cleaner now wants her sister to have a better life working as their child minder (if you believe his story) - good on irish. :o immigration for stopping the deadbeat wasting 2 lives

You should have put a stop in the your comments, see above. No need for the rest!

Instead you showed the rest of the world the complete to$$er you are!

Yes the Immigration did their job and the right thing but to say he is a deadbeat and wasting 2 lives, your an idiot.

and then has the front to moan about it - is their no embarassment for being such a poor excuse for a husband and father?

scum scum scum

Why be so nasty on the guy?

He and his wife are both working earning a living, trying to bring up their kids. He gets more respect from me

than a muppet mouthing off like you. Scum, my friend is far to good a word for the likes of you!

Anyone who has moved back to their own country with their Thai wife knows the huge hurdles and cost this involves.

Getting foreign citizenship is no easy achievement for any Thai lady. Working in a foreign land, be it a cleaner or corporate leader

while trying to raise children demands respect. I take my hat off to all the people that have managed to secure a new life for their

partners and family in any foreign land, legally ofcourse.

You have serious issues!

> I suspect that the sister in law simply fessed up to what she was doing, not suspecting that what she was

> doing was wrong, and got deported. Blame the hubby and his wife for organising things incorrectly.

I hate to say it but I agree. Anyone who's ever trafficked some people knows that you need to solidly coach the people passing immigration, they're the weakest link because at that moment they're out of your control. They key-word is "h-o-l-i-d-a-y", no more, no less.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I am confused.

If the story in the OP is correct then I myself would have broken Thai immigration laws multiple times as I often took care of my girlfriend's sisters kids in exchange for a few beers.

I know we are not talking about Thai laws, but in the Irish context what if we brought a MiL over for multiple tourist visas and she took care of the kids whilst the parents are at work?

Is the law designed to promote free labour or is a bit of room and board, and a few coins for clothes (etc) considered illegal?

It all seems wrong to me.

was she working when she arrived at the border? seems to me that any arrest would be done while she was caught in the act?

If a border official is satisfied there is an intention to work in contravention of the visa conditions they can cancel the visa and refuse entry.

hmm, not sure it would stand up in court.

A person in immigration clearance has yet to enter the country and doesn't have access to the judicial system.

scum scum scum

Why be so nasty on the guy?

He and his wife are both working earning a living, trying to bring up their kids. He gets more respect from me

than a muppet mouthing off like you. Scum, my friend is far to good a word for the likes of you!

Anyone who has moved back to their own country with their Thai wife knows the huge hurdles and cost this involves.

Getting foreign citizenship is no easy achievement for any Thai lady. Working in a foreign land, be it a cleaner or corporate leader

while trying to raise children demands respect. I take my hat off to all the people that have managed to secure a new life for their

partners and family in any foreign land, legally ofcourse.

You have serious issues!

why be so nasty on this guy?

if he was earning a living as you suggets he wouldn't need cheap / 'free' childcare

breeding itself does not demand respect, nor does 'trying' to raise kids - its difficult yes but failing to do it does not demand respect

she has my sympathies - yes there are hurdles for her - but he has failed to take care of essentials

> I suspect that the sister in law simply fessed up to what she was doing, not suspecting that what she was

> doing was wrong, and got deported. Blame the hubby and his wife for organising things incorrectly.

I hate to say it but I agree. Anyone who's ever trafficked some people knows that you need to solidly coach the people passing immigration, they're the weakest link because at that moment they're out of your control. They key-word is "h-o-l-i-d-a-y", no more, no less.

theres definitely a story there!

was she working when she arrived at the border? seems to me that any arrest would be done while she was caught in the act?

If a border official is satisfied there is an intention to work in contravention of the visa conditions they can cancel the visa and refuse entry.

hmm, not sure it would stand up in court.

A person in immigration clearance has yet to enter the country and doesn't have access to the judicial system.

kinda like Tom Hanks then :o

Another Thai visa thread where people blame everyone else except for those actually responsible for the f-up.

Many are missing the point here. An immigration officers job is to ensure that the person about the enter the country is going to adhere to their visa condition.

Receiving a salary while on a tourist visa means that you have broken that condition, and thus, the law by working illegally. If the immigration officer has proof that the person intends to break the law by working on a tourist visa, then they get deported. Simple.

I suspect that the sister in law simply fessed up to what she was doing, not suspecting that what she was doing was wrong, and got deported.

Blame the hubby and his wife for organising things incorrectly. Many countries have visas (and different criteria) for domestic servants. It isn't rocket science

Agreed.