Free Visa Question

embassy website here in USA a little unclear about free visa until June 4th. Does anyone know if an American arriving by air to BKK can apply at the airport for a 60 day tourist visa or are they just allowing the usual 30 day visa on arrival?

You'd need to apply for a Thai tourist visa OUTSIDE of Thailand, such is not available at the airports. You would be able to get the 30-day "visa exempt" stamp on arrival.

Mac

There is no visa on arrival for US passport holders - what you get on an air arrival without a visa is a 30 day visa exempt entry stamp. But if you do not have air transport out within 30 days the airline might not want to board you so always best to have a visa prior to travel for time of more than 30 days.

Tourist visa from a Consulate is free. It is not available on arrival.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes. You apply for a Visa in USA. Free until June 4th.

Ariving without a Visa will get you a 30 day Visa Exempt Stamp.

is this applicable to all thai embassies/consulates? can i get a free visa in, say, cambodia or laos? i'm already in thailand and the last visa I got is running out.

jeff

Yes. You apply for a Visa in USA. Free until June 4th.

Ariving without a Visa will get you a 30 day Visa Exempt Stamp.

is this applicable to all thai embassies/consulates? can i get a free visa in, say, cambodia or laos? i'm already in thailand and the last visa I got is running out.

jeff

in my opinion Laos is best. And yes,another gratis tourist visa can be applied for.