Honda Crv Lady

stats

I do not understand it. It is not that uncommon for pople who buy new cars to write them off within days because they do not fully comprehend how to drive them.

Reminds me of the guy in the US who bought a new MotorHome, on his first trip he put the vehicle into cruise control mode and went behind to make a cup of coffee!! You can guess what happened but he sued the makers for not making it clear enough in the manual that he could not do this and won his case!!

My wife crashed her brand new car within 500 meteres of driving it alone for the fisrt time, so it does happen

That was a Honda too!!

Why give someone a new car when she wasn't happy with the first one. From what I hear she smahed the car herself out of frustration that it kept breaking down. In my experience, I can tell you that some people are never satisfied.

My work involves me with customer relations for Honda. I know of many real life situations and I can tell you the majority of people don't have a concern with the product but the service they get from dealerships, may it be presales, aftersales, service.

This person probably got to the end of their tether and snapped out of frustration. I can't blame her. If I bought a new car and it didn't work I would be very angry as well.

From what I hear, Honda Thailand didn't handle it in the best manner, because if it gets to this stage then they have failed. There are people that request ridiculous amounts of goodies from Honda if something goes wrong and in the odd occasion people actually ask for new cars. Honda has to deal with each case individually and check the validity of each claim. Usually, and I do use the word usually, there is a fault on Honda's part and the customer is looked after. However, on some occasions there is no fault of Honda but the customer goes off their rockers abusing Honda staff. Honda must hold its ground here otherwise it would be a free for all.

It looks like Honda Thailand was trying to hold its ground here but this lady took it to another level, involved the media and made Honda Thailand look bad. Honda's number one goal is Customer Satisfaction. That comes from the GM in Japan. We all know it and are trying to achieve it. I can tell you, every other manufacturer will have similar stories as this lady who smashed her car.

So keep buying those Honda's won't you :D

I hope someone else from Honda reads this and I get a promotion for backing them up!!!!! :o

Reminds me of the guy in the US who bought a new MotorHome, on his first trip he put the vehicle into cruise control mode and went behind to make a cup of coffee!! You can guess what happened but he sued the makers for not making it clear enough in the manual that he could not do this and won his case!!

yes this was classic, it crack me up.

My wife explained to me that there were just "lots" of little things that was wrong and after a while the lady said she wanted another car because there was too many problems with this one. When they refused she smashed up the car herself.

Love the story with the cruise control, though it sounds like an urban myth - surely nobody can be that stupid ... :o

Edited by madsere

failing to start , loud noises from the engine , failure of the back axle and /or differential unit.

apparently the dealership were unable to eradicate the starting failure problem.

a car that wont start is like a tv that cant be turned on , it renders the appliance totally useless and the car should have been replaced early on in this saga.

to the womans credit she made a fuss and got the press involved who took up the story.

now not only has she got a full refund but honda have been made to look stupid and mean.

she said that she wouldnt be buying another honda but would be getting a toyota with the refund

well customer service is always the main thing...i think the Honda people did not handle things in a good and polite manner thats why this lady erupted like a Volcano...Thumbs up!!!

Hahahah...I think in Thailand if u think ur correct then u will get back what u owns...Just like the other case where a guy in this forum was cheated in a money exchange at the Airport Donmuang and get his omney back within a couple of days going to the bank head office and creat some trouble.....

Well maybe if theres a problem too ill be like them...hehehhahah LOL

From reports it was not known but bad battery. Bad starter. Whining rear end. One or two failures each day of ownership. Assurance that everything fine but next day problems again. Company rep stating that out of every 100 cars one is a lemon but just her tough luck she got it.

Although I feel for those subject to litigious nonsense those familiar with customer protection here know it is not the same as with other markets. She contacted dealer, company, government mediation office in charge of customer protection with no effect before use of the hammer. Company had full opportunity to make things right but chose another path (maybe due to customer being a woman driving a mans car?).

This comes as new customer protection legislation is pending.

woman driving a mans car?).

the crv was designed and promoted as a "female friendly" car (for taxiing lazy kids around? :o ) and lots of them certainly seem to be driven by women.

i think the (male) dealer and staff just underestimated this womans determination.

woman driving a mans car?).

the cry was designed and promoted as a "female friendly" car (for taxiing lazy kids around? :o ) and lots of them certainly seem to be driven by women.

i think the (male) dealer and staff just underestimated this womans determination.

That is really what I mean. Car dealer ships are well known everywhere as looking over their nose at women buyers; and that is very true here.

ive seen around bangkok that CRV is driven mostly by Ladies,well tell me everyone if u know that the item u bought are not in perfect condition or that u know u are rite in certain area would u ask for a refund or change in item???

Urban Legend: http://www.snopes.com/

Brunvand, the master of urban legends, has a fair bit to say about this legend.

The

legend began in the late 1970s when cruise control was first available for RVs (which then was the vehicle always featured in this legend). As he says, "Sometimes it was a retired couple that made the dangerous (but never fatal) error with cruise control, otherwise it was a young and naive driver."

Versions Ground control to Major Tom starring a wealthy student from the Middle East also began circulating at that time (one reader recalls seeing such a tale mentioned in a newspaper in 1977 or 1978), but these don't appear to have achieved widespread acceptance until 1984 or thereabouts. Wrote Brunvand: "The implication here, of course, is that rich Arabs don't understand technology, and as a result they may be 'getting what they deserve' when they spend their wealth so lavishly in the United States."

These days, the victim(s) will often be described as an older couple, people you'd find it likely to believe would be baffled by the technology. In earlier versions from around the time of the Great Gasoline Shortage in the U.S., you'd be told the victim was an Arab with too much money and too little sense. In versions earlier than that, the victims were unfamiliar with the technology not because they were new to this country or plain mechanical klutzs, but rather because the technology itself was new.

Brunvand also points out: "A persistent feature in car legends of this kind is the denigration of a minority person (senior citizen, foreigner, woman, etc.) who allegedly misunderstands the nature of some new but fairly uncomplicated technological device."

In the spring of 2002, a telling of the venerable Cruise Control legend became part of a widely circulated "outrageous lawsuits" list known on the Internet as the "Stella Awards":

In November 2000, Mr. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32 foot Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home, having joined the freeway, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly, the Winnie left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the handbook that he could not actually do this. He was awarded $1,750,000 plus a new Winnebago.

The Grazinski entry had been added to a compilation of other false entries -- it was just another howler tacked on.

Barbara "can drive with the best of them but can't putt worth a ######" Mikkelson

Well that's the difference between the US and europe. Here this guy's would be slammed in jail for reckless endangerment , his license would be invalid for a year or so , and he would have to pay for all the damages the idiot made as his insurance company would back out. No getting rich for being a Stupid moron here :D

Like the old woman with the cup of coffee from mac donalds :o