Fun Bars & Clubs In Huay Kwang...

Felixer

yo man, i live walking distance from Huay Kwang MRT, some good places =

1. Inch, it's behind Esplenade mall, there are a few good thai thai places back there

2. Soi 4 bars, totally thai places, not much english spoken there, but still cool, has places like Snop and many more

3. Hollywood, big nightclub pretty cool

hmmmm, what else, still thinking.......... :o

Ratchada? Many foreigners won't know, and many who have lived in Bangkok a while will know that Ratchada near the Thailand Cultural Center MRT stop is kind of club and party central for young Thais. Unlike Sukhumvit, you will find very few white faces in the clubs around there but there are tons, and you may have some fun, but be careful if you're alone...

Also, at the Huay Kwang Night Market, which you will notice soon enough, and it stays open extremely late, until 6 in the morning and then the food market is open for early morning food shoppers, anyway if you walk down the market on the left side of the road coming from the MRT you will eventually come across a tiny bar hole in the wall kind of place called Fight Fight. You will see a whitey in there from time to time, but usually I just went with my friend and got annoyed at the random drunk whitey that walked in and wanted to BS while talking 2 inches from my face. Seemed to usually happen that way with more than one person. It's an alright place but every single time without fail when presenting the bill they always added 100 baht or so. Asked them to count it again every time and then they came with the real price. Sly dogs. But a nice little place for a few beers. I wouldn't go there alone, though, pretty boring as it's tiny and you might be bored with no friend.

Thanks for the advice guys! One of my fav local bars in BKK, with fun & friendly Thais, is "Public Bar" in nearby Lad Phrao, on Chok Chai 4... on the RHS when you've turned off Lad Phrao & driving north... have got great live music on the weekends and the food & booze prices are reasonable! :o