World Cup 2010

samuiseagull

six hours time difference as it's in south africa, so if they stay true to form and play matches at 5pm and 8pm local time that'll be 11pm and an annoying 2am out here.

Arent i right in thinking there are usually 3 games per day in the group stages, think it will be timed to suit European tv audiences who fund the tournament, so them times are about right plus one earlier game.

Its better having games at night then first thing in the morning like when Japan had the world cup that really did suck waking at 6-7 am to watch a game.

Dont FIFA make sure its free for all to view ie not on any kind of pay channel.

six hours time difference as it's in south africa, so if they stay true to form and play matches at 5pm and 8pm local time that'll be 11pm and an annoying 2am out here.

Arent i right in thinking there are usually 3 games per day in the group stages, think it will be timed to suit European tv audiences who fund the tournament, so them times are about right plus one earlier game.

Its better having games at night then first thing in the morning like when Japan had the world cup that really did suck waking at 6-7 am to watch a game.

Dont FIFA make sure its free for all to view ie not on any kind of pay channel.

funny, my memory might be playing tricks. i could've sworn it was two games per day in the 2006 world cup.

but yeah, FIFA does have to ensure that it's shown on terrestrial channels so that nobody is excluded from seeing it.

Edited by StevieH

Haven't got a clue, but i think i'm gonna go... :D

Ms, you do realise that Zola is not eligable to play? or were you hoping to see Carlton Cole on the bench??? :D

I'd hope not, not if we're gonna do anything in the Competition anyway..

Ashton will be there ..

Possibly Keiron Dyer, both depending on fitness..

& whilst on the Subject, happy St George's Day people.. :o

post-55211-1240476142_thumb.jpg

Ashton will be there ..

Possibly Keiron Dyer, both depending on fitness..

So what youre trying to say is they wont be there.

Dyer could have been a great player but he wont be there even if he is fit next year, he had twice the natural ability of Lampard when they both came on the scene, pity he didnt have a tenth of Lampards ability to try.

Edited by sanmiguel

funny, my memory might be playing tricks. i could've sworn it was two games per day in the 2006 world cup.

It would seem for the first 10 days weve 3 games a day (except day 1) if its the same running order as in Germany -

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/worldcup/fixtures?cc=3888

Anyone got any ideas on how to fill this summer though? <deleted> me its going to be a long wait but at least we're as good as qualified.

Edited by sanmiguel

It would seem for the first 10 days weve 3 games a day (except day 1) if its the same running order as in Germany -

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/worldcup/fixtures?cc=3888

Anyone got any ideas on how to fill this summer though? <deleted> me its going to be a long wait but at least we're as good as qualified.

Thankfully 3 months of transfer rumour nonsense by the Brit media will keep us on the edge of our seats... :o

Haven't got a clue, but i think i'm gonna go... :o

Ive been thinking about going also. Ive been checking flights etc for the last few weeks and they seem reasonable. Just going to wait to find out where England will play most of there matches before making the final decision.

Ive been thinking about going also. Ive been checking flights etc for the last few weeks and they seem reasonable. Just going to wait to find out where England will play most of there matches before making the final decision.

Airlines like Emirates have special world cup packages including flight and tickets to matches so you can follow your team...

Emirates airlines recently announced that it would be providing a new “follow your team” travel package for fans heading to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The package will provide supporters an opportunity to enjoy the action, while implementing valuable methods of recourse for fans whose favourite teams fail to make it to the final round.

While few details have been released with regard to the packages, sales are set to begin soon. According to a recent statement reiterated by TravelMole, further information will be revealed at a later date. The first match of the event is scheduled to take place on June 11, 2011, one month in advance of the prior match. A pair of stadiums in Johannesburg will house a portion of the matches, along with eight other venues.

Emirates joined with FIFA in 2006, making it the first airline to sponsor a World Cup event. The Dubai-based company was later declared the official global tour operator of the World Cup, an agreement that will extend from 2010 through to 2014. As noted by Jérôme Valcke, the purpose of the tour operator program led by Emirates is to ensure a safe and efficient travel experience for fans worldwide. The FIFA general secretary went on to note that the organisation has full confidence in Emirates’ ability to meet those expectations.

Airlines like Emirates have special world cup packages including flight and tickets to matches so you can follow your team...

Emirates airlines recently announced that it would be providing a new "follow your team" travel package for fans heading to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The package will provide supporters an opportunity to enjoy the action, while implementing valuable methods of recourse for fans whose favourite teams fail to make it to the final round.

While few details have been released with regard to the packages, sales are set to begin soon. According to a recent statement reiterated by TravelMole, further information will be revealed at a later date. The first match of the event is scheduled to take place on June 11, 2011, one month in advance of the prior match. A pair of stadiums in Johannesburg will house a portion of the matches, along with eight other venues.

Emirates joined with FIFA in 2006, making it the first airline to sponsor a World Cup event. The Dubai-based company was later declared the official global tour operator of the World Cup, an agreement that will extend from 2010 through to 2014. As noted by Jérôme Valcke, the purpose of the tour operator program led by Emirates is to ensure a safe and efficient travel experience for fans worldwide. The FIFA general secretary went on to note that the organisation has full confidence in Emirates' ability to meet those expectations.

<deleted> that, i'd rather go the Year before... :D

So if normal Thai TV are showing the games is there any alternative to getting english commentary? :D

Believe it or not, if u push the little ? Mark button on year ubc remote , u should be able to access the English

I was living here 2 years before i worked that out :D:o

So if normal Thai TV are showing the games is there any alternative to getting english commentary? :D

Believe it or not, if u push the little ? Mark button on year ubc remote , u should be able to access the English

Cheers....i'll be watching in the boozer so was unaware of that. :o

Hang on.....UBC is a paid for subsricption service and therefore not FREE THAI TV.

Or are you saying that the Thai Tv stations that you also receive via cable/satellite will have the option for english commentary?? :o

Cheers.

Actually if you have a dual language TV it is possible sometimes.

Pretty sure Thai TV will have it, they have done a good job on covering the last olympics and Euro 2008

All group matches kick off at 1:30pm, 4pm and 8:30pm S.A time. S.A is 5 hrs behing Thailand so not bad kick off times here. 6:30pm, 9pm and the latest being 1:30am.... Knockout rounds only have 9pm and 1:30am kick offs with the semi finals and final all 1:30am kick off times.

Those living in Chiangmai should be able to get all matches Live via supersport on WETV as was the case when Euro2008 was on.

Fixture list below....

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament...hedule_1103.pdf

Id loveeeeeeeeee to go to South Africa for the games

but..........

(on the positive side, a friend has offered a place to stay. just need to start filling up my Miggy bank with little coins for the flight!!!)

I was living here 2 years before i worked that out :D:)

Have we all forgotten the last Worid cup and Euro coverage here? Thai tv get the rights to these events like the BBC and ITV in the UK, and they didn't pay extra for the English commentry and so pressing the little button on the UBC remote got you at best the noise of the crowd only, there was lots of discussion at the time in the BKKpost and the Nation newspapers but it changed nothing.