Visa Run Non B, Lost My Job :s

I have a bit of a dilema :S

In 4 weeks time i will be required to do my first visa run, which would have been fine if i hadn't have lost my job due to illness :o

I pray to the lord above that i find a job within this given time BUT should i not find employment, how would i stand a chance to stay here in Thailand with my UK Non B visa?? would i need to change to another visa, let's say an education visa while studying for a TEFL course??

Many thanks, karlos :D

In 4 weeks do your border run.

Your visa is still good even if you ar not working. A visa is not tied to a job only an extension of stay is.

You can use it up until its experation date and get 90 days every time.

You do have a valid multi entry visa? Date on visa is? You are now on a 90 day permitted to stay in Thailand which ends in 4 weeks?

Just want to be sure you are not on an extension of stay as many posters still call them visas.

I have a bit of a dilema :S

In 4 weeks time i will be required to do my first visa run, which would have been fine if i hadn't have lost my job due to illness :o

I pray to the lord above that i find a job within this given time BUT should i not find employment, how would i stand a chance to stay here in Thailand with my UK Non B visa?? would i need to change to another visa, let's say an education visa while studying for a TEFL course??

Many thanks, karlos :D

Why do you have to do a visa run? I haven't had to do a visa run in more than six years. I have a non-B type visa and work permit. If you had a non-B visa and work permit, and have now lost your job, then presumably you have handed back your work permit. If so, then you have just a few days (I'm not sure how long) before your visa expires, too. Maybe I'm just confused about your situation.

Why do you have to do a visa run? I haven't had to do a visa run in more than six years. I have a non-B type visa and work permit. If you had a non-B visa and work permit, and have now lost your job, then presumably you have handed back your work permit. If so, then you have just a few days (I'm not sure how long) before your visa expires, too. Maybe I'm just confused about your situation.

You don't have a visa you have an extension of stay for employment. Your visa probably expired long ago.

Calling an extension a visa causes confusion all the time because they are not the same.

You don't have any time after your job ends you have to leave the same day if you are on an extension.. You can apply for a 7 extension at immigration though. If on a 90 day visa entry you don't have to leave.

You dont have to leave the same day your work permit is cancelled,it used to be within 7 days after cancellation,

now they are saying you must leave within 3-4 days!

your multi entry visa in your passport is cancelled at the same time,so if you come back into Thailand you will be issued with the normal tourist visa.

You have to leave the same day your employment ends - regardless if work permit is returned or not. You can apply for a 7 day extension of stay but you get no free period to leave anymore.

A multi entry visa is not canceled. Only extensions of stay are canceled.

Edited by lopburi3

Thanks for the coments and i am sorry i have taken so long to reply......... Just woken after a sleepless night of panic.

The visa i have IS a 12 month multi entry Non B, cost me £100 to apply in the uk with all the correct paper work from my 'at the time Thai employer'.

I had read on this forum about having to take pics of employees at my work place, and needing all sort of paper work from the company that would be required to re-enter Thailand etc etc.

I hope this thread can clear things up and help others with a similar problem with their NON B MULTI ENTRY VISA.

Karl :o

You can keep using your multiple entry visa. You can even do a border run the day before it expires and get another 90 days.

All those pictures and etc, would be for a work permit which is what you would need to get an extension of stay.

You can have a good nights sleep tonight because you don't have a problem.

You do have a valid multi entry visa? Date on visa is? You are now on a 90 day permitted to stay in Thailand which ends in 4 weeks?

Just want to be sure you are not on an extension of stay as many posters still call them visas.

Thanks Lopburi3, i did a little research before posting my thread and got a little confused myself reading about my situation.

But i can confirm that i do have a 12 month non b multi entry visa, date on visa 10th feb 2009 - 10 feb 2010.

Again, thanks for all the help that the people on this forum give....... any one willing to give a job to a mechaninc turned retial manager :o

post-59428-1240482844_thumb.jpg

You can keep using your multiple entry visa. You can even do a border run the day before it expires and get another 90 days.

All those pictures and etc, would be for a work permit which is what you would need to get an extension of stay.

You can have a good nights sleep tonight because you don't have a problem.

In the words of Tony The Tiger, "Grrrrrrrrrreat!"

As mentioned in my post above, thanks for the help, great site and a fantastic bunch of people.

Karl :o

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, sorry to bring up this again.

My girlfriend spoke to a friend today, who said the complete opposite to what's written above. :S

Her friend said that in order for me to obtain a 3 month re-entry stamp, i would need supporting documentation and a work permit from a company employing me?

Yet in the above thread i had been told i can do a visa run (providing i have a multi entry B visa) with out the need for any documentation and work permit?

It's just under 2 weeks untill i have to do my first run, i'm sorry to doubt the comments above, it's just that my girl friends friend has his own lawyer firm and has cast some doubt in to my mind from what he has told me.......

Many thanks, Karl :)

The problem is that they are talking about a re-entry permit. That is only needed if you a have an extension of stay given by immigration.

You don't need one because you have a multiple entry B visa that you can use to enter the country up to and including Feb. 9, 2010 and get a 90 day entry every time that was issued by the Thai consulate in Hull.

Many thanks guys, my gf called the Thai immigration and the above 3 comments were confirmed further! :)

I'm not going to listen to any friends of friends again, i'm just going to stick with what my invisable friends on thaivisa.com say, ouch just got a punch in the head from my girlfriend for that comment :D lol :D