House building - Anyone In Sakon Nakhon ?

Just had a call from a friend in Sakon Nakhon who went to visit a friend in Udorn,only to find that his million baht home is twice the size.Surprise,surprise,it was built by the family who told him labour costs in Sakon are very high.Yeah right.

So can anyone help and tell us the day rate for men and women labourers in Sakon.In Udorn they are 180 for a man and 150 for a woman labourer.Skilled workers are 200/250 per day.

Cannot believe that construction material costs are much different.

Thanks

Edited by aletta

Just had a call from a friend in Sakon Nakhon who went to visit a friend in Udorn,only to find that his million baht home is twice the size.Surprise,surprise,it was built by the family who told him labour costs in Sakon are very high.Yeah right.

So can anyone help and tell us the day rate for men and women labourers in Sakon.In Udorn they are 180 for a man and 150 for a woman labourer.Skilled workers are 200/250 per day.

Cannot believe that construction material costs are much different.

Thanks

/Moved to new housing forum

If there is no-one actually in Sakon Nakhon then somewhere quiet close will do nicely. :o

Aletta,

Last year i financed the building or a house for the wifes family in a village between Sakon Nakhon and Nakhon Phannom. Most of the construction was done by my 2 brothers in law and when they needed extra help we payed local labourers 200 baht per day. The house is not quite finnished yet but they will end up with a very nice house for a little over 300000 baht. The rates you gave for Udon seem to be correct. With materials i found that some were cheaper up there than in Pattaya where i live. Once you start using a lot of timber it can be very expensive. If you stick to bricks, concrete and steel it keeps the costs down considerably. If you would like more details just send me a pm.