What Business Can Prosper In Thailand

I can see a lot of the cons for opening up an Internet Cafe from my previous post. My quesion is, then, what business can still prosper with the right support in Thailand. It seems the biggest money maker, go-go bars or just straight-up bars, also are the biggest headaches. Is it not even worth it to invest in a business in Thiland?

My quesion is, then, what business can still prosper with the right support in Thailand.

The old classic...motorbike hire.

Buy some second-hand/repossessed bikes auction in Bkk. Rent them out.

If it goes wrong you can always sell them for what you paid.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Whatever you want to do just go with that..there are always gonna be people on TV that are gonna shoot down whatever you say..i personally think that a internet cafe is a good idea

I still think if done the right way and give enough time to develop it could work. But should I gear it in anyway towards the farang market?

Marriage visa service? There is a never ending supply of Farangs finding true love in Pattaya.

Those seem to be all over the place, I think. I wonder how they do? There could be a lot of hidden dangers in that as well as having to back-ground check both sides.

i think an irish pub in good location will do the trick

Does any bar or pub in the right location (BKK, Pattaya, Chang Mai, Chang Rai) have a realistic chance at succeeding in the current or future environment? I heard that the go-go bars maybe owned by a farang abut the buildings are owned by the BIB. That is something I would not want to deal with.

If you had the skills + speak and understand Thai, you could become a marriage councelor. I see a never ending stream of business for this market in Thailand, specificaly Pattaya.

In provincial areas (not something I would do) food makes good money in volumes, so a cheap resteraunt with large capacity located close to a University or large high school could become prosperous. Too much hard work for someone as lazy as myself.

Personally I would lean towards operating a business from the net. You can take it anywhere, you don't ned to rent, endless pro's.

My wife has allways had the belief that a childrens clothing outlet retailing quality, western cothes for infants and juveniles in a location such as Bangkok would also prosper, import tax would be the biggest issue.

What ever you do, try and make it enjoyable. Chok Dii

Damo

If you had the skills + speak and understand Thai, you could become a marriage councelor. I see a never ending stream of business for this market in Thailand, specificaly Pattaya.

In provincial areas (not something I would do) food makes good money in volumes, so a cheap resteraunt with large capacity located close to a University or large high school could become prosperous. Too much hard work for someone as lazy as myself.

Personally I would lean towards operating a business from the net. You can take it anywhere, you don't ned to rent, endless pro's.

My wife has allways had the belief that a childrens clothing outlet retailing quality, western cothes for infants and juveniles in a location such as Bangkok would also prosper, import tax would be the biggest issue.

What ever you do, try and make it enjoyable. Chok Dii

Damo

Speaking of food...I'm afraid to say this...bout how about a good dim sum shop? There is a nice one in my wife's hometown. It can be like a fast food thing with a few tables for the luch crowd. Set that up near a school or some businesses...what do you think?

Ok small Plot of Land and set up A sick buffalo Hospital

Advantage here is you can Keep em Sick Long Time Up to You Long Time/Short Time

All money paid direct to you You pass on A percentage to the Owner

I always wanted to have my own buffalo...and I would call him "Nermal". I see where you are getting at...kinda like a mechanic...

But I am an German-Italian American.....

Start learning how to drink and pour Guinness then....................

Let it settle............

Edited by spongeman

Ah crap, there is a proper way to pour Guiness?

Food in Thailand IMO has little margain, allthough there a alot of hungry people, especially around schools, uni's and other busy places. The majority of Thais try not to spend to much on food so charge low prices to get the crowds in. Large volumes will create the profit.

That's not such a set-back. If anyone asks just tell them that Mum and Dad fell for each other during a bi-lateral fascist rally during the years of WW2 but legged it to Ireland after D-Day in anticipation of a less than glorious final victory. I think Ireland was neutral during those troubled times :o

On a more serious note, I would go with other posters who say you should follow your heart and what interests you. Any kind of business, no matter how sucessful will have its bad and mediocre times. This is the hardest part of being sucessful - carrying on committed to the business when there aren't any visible signs of prosperity. If you are working on something you enjoy and see it as a life style choice most compatable with what makes you happy then you stand a good chance of being very successful. After all, financial standing is only a small part of being happy! Good luck. :D

Does any bar or pub in the right location (BKK, Pattaya, Chang Mai, Chang Rai) have a realistic chance at succeeding in the current or future environment? I heard that the go-go bars maybe owned by a farang abut the buildings are owned by the BIB. That is something I would not want to deal with.

ya i think if you have an irish pub on sukhumvit area,sure it will do ok

Edited by yogi

I can see a lot of the cons for opening up an Internet Cafe from my previous post. My quesion is, then, what business can still prosper with the right support in Thailand. It seems the biggest money maker, go-go bars or just straight-up bars, also are the biggest headaches. Is it not even worth it to invest in a business in Thiland?

the sick buffalo buisness seems quite lucrative :o

Ah crap, there is a proper way to pour Guiness?

Glass has to be tilted at an angle.

I could be your chief taster. (for free of course)