Doi Tao Lake

earlofwindermere

I've done a few searches for places to stay near Doi Tao but the only one that I can find are the National Park accomodations. Has anyone been there or knows of any resorts or hotels in Doi Tao?

There is not much there. It's not a particularly scenic spot, especially this time of year when it's so dry and the lake is so low. Unless you have some particular interest there you may want to re-consider staying overnight. I'm sorry if I offend anyone who lives there or likes to visit, but I drove in, was disappointed and drove out and don't really plan to go back unless I hear about some unexpected good fishing in that puddle.

hi, we were there some 2 weeks ago. the lake has dried up almost completely; we were the only few people there, even the hawkers are gone!

Cue tumbleweeds and lonely whistling wind sounds....... It is quite weird how the vendors leave these areas.

hi, we were there some 2 weeks ago. the lake has dried up almost completely; we were the only few people there, even the hawkers are gone!

Amazing !

This is how the lake usually looks...

Pics from our last visit there (1yr ago)

a great time to be had on those rafts...

Amazing !

This is how the lake usually looks...

Pics from our last visit there (1yr ago)

a great time to be had on those rafts...

These are the same rafts last August....post-35905-1240591870_thumb.jpg