Cheap Kl Flights

The 07.10 flight from BKK to KUL (FD3571) gets into KUL at 10.15. Are you sure you will get to the embassy before it closes for applications at 11.30am? Even if you transferred to the KLIA Express train and then a taxi to the embassy, there's no way you'll make it!

The 07.10 flight from BKK to KUL (FD3571) gets into KUL at 10.15. Are you sure you will get to the embassy before it closes for applications at 11.30am? Even if you transferred to the KLIA Express train and then a taxi to the embassy, there's no way you'll make it!

Made the trip three times now and never been a problem usually make a few days break of it with my wife though, straight out to a taxi 700 baht to the embassy takes about 45 minutes, then next day an Airasia bus from Sentral at 80 baht back to the airport takes around one hour.

Made the trip three times now and never been a problem usually make a few days break of it with my wife though, straight out to a taxi 700 baht to the embassy takes about 45 minutes, then next day an Airasia bus from Sentral at 80 baht back to the airport takes around one hour.

Hi Kevc.

I appreciate that you can get to the Embassy (just) in time. Assuming no flight/traffic delays. The return sounds like pushing it a bit as well. You do know that passports can only be picked up in the afternoons now? Then there is the afternoon KL traffic to deal with. :o

Hi Kevc.

I appreciate that you can get to the Embassy in time. The return sounds like pushing it a bit. You do know that passports can only be picked up in the afternoons now?

I have never found a airasia price at the price you quote, that surely is not including taxes? We are talking Kuala Lumpur here? Also 700 baht for a taxi, no way I have been for work and paid in dollars way higher that that. Am I missing something here? :o

I have never found a airasia price at the price you quote, that surely is not including taxes? We are talking Kuala Lumpur here? Also 700 baht for a taxi, no way I have been for work and paid in dollars way higher that that. Am I missing something here? :o

The price is right thats why I posted it, if you look on Airasias sight and try to book you'll see for yourself, also the airport taxi service to the Thai Embassy is 70 Ringets ( approx 700 baht) maybe your using their limousine service, try using the local currency instead of dollars and book from the taxi desk inside the airport.

I can also collect my passport at 2.oopm this gives me at least 2.5 hours to check in for a 18.45 flight, if traffics bad then you can take the airport express train to KLIA for 380 baht and take a 15 baht 15 minute transfer to the LCCT.

Thanks for that Kev will try it next month. I have been trying to book two seats to goto to KL and then Johor, its working out at around 10,000 thb return. Big jump from your price. Although I know that better to goto Singapore and then take a taxi across the border is a better way.

Thanks for the heads up, thats a HUGE loss for me, well I claim it back anyways but thats not the point. :o

Edited by milkycheese

Thanks for the heads up, thats a HUGE loss for me, well I claim it back anyways but thats not the point. :o

The dates I booked were for the 20th May return 21st May but there are still fares for 304 baht plus taxes for other days around that time.

When you come through immigration theres a taxi kiosk next to the information desk on the left, book your taxi there then take the ticket to the rank outside, if I wasn't in a hurry I'd take the Airasia bus to Sentral for 80 baht only takes an hour.

Ye some great deals to KL Chiangmai - KL return Direct!!! 2500bht... amazing! Flying 8th - 11th July! Cheaper than going Loas IMHO as Malaysia visa is free!

Kevc, Where can you get the airasia bus? Sounds like a good deal 80bhat into KL for an hour, is "Sentral" the heart of the city? Also any reasnoblely priced hotels you can recommend? My mate said to stay in red light district! hahaha, with my gf so not sure if that's a good idea....

Also is it easy to take public transport to the Embassy from down town KL?

Any advice appreciated, thanks