Equal rights for all

peteypie

With reference to the thorny topic of the introduction of new rules and regulations for falang in July 2004, I would like to ask whether these new rules will apply to falang women who are married to Thai national? Under the Thai Constitution, women are 'equal' to men. Under the UN Charter on Human Rights, women are 'equal' to men. So, If I am a foreigner living with my Thai spouse, man or woman, will I need to meet the requirements set out by the Immigration Service come July 2004? I'm sure that if I'm a Thai national and suddenly discover that my wife will have to leave Thailand because she doesn't receive 65,000 Baht per month, I'd be making noises. I'm sure that with varies international conferences coming up soon, the Thai government would want to be seen to be abiding by the international laws that they have signed up to. I'm also sure that the Thai government would be outraged if other governments started to apply similar rules and regulations to their citizens abroad?

With reference to the thorny topic of the introduction of new rules and regulations for falang in July 2004, I would like to ask whether these new rules will apply to falang women who are married to Thai national? Under the Thai Constitution, women are 'equal' to men. Under the UN Charter on Human Rights, women are 'equal' to men. So, If I am a foreigner living with my Thai spouse, man or woman, will I need to meet the requirements set out by the Immigration Service come July 2004? I'm sure that if I'm a Thai national and suddenly discover that my wife will have to leave Thailand because she doesn't receive 65,000 Baht per month, I'd be making noises. I'm sure that with varies international conferences coming up soon, the Thai government would want to be seen to be abiding by the international laws that they have signed up to. I'm also sure that the Thai government would be outraged if other governments started to apply similar rules and regulations to their citizens abroad?

Wake up you are in a dream. Sex changes are cheap if it would help you.

Wake up you are in a dream. Sex changes are cheap if it would help you.

Khun, obviously you don't recognise 'tongue in cheek' when you read it. This does however,raise a number of points of law that would be very embarrassing to the incumbant leader, should anyone need to 'fight' for their families. We know how frigthened of adverse publicity our fearless leader can be, and the international press corps might jump at the opportunity. Think about it, it may be your 'last chance saloon' in the not too distant future.