Double Entry Tourist Visa

Just filed for my 30 day extension...got it with no problems. My extension ends May 16...does this mean I have to leave and come back by May 16th to reenter Thailand for my 2nd tourist visa?

Any suggestions on which border run is faster?/companies that are efficient?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Just filed for my 30 day extension...got it with no problems. My extension ends May 16...does this mean I have to leave and come back by May 16th to reenter Thailand for my 2nd tourist visa?

You must use your tourist visa for the second entry not later than one day before the date stamped on the visa you got from a Thai consulate. Depending on the consulate where you got your visa it will have a text something like "This visa must be utilized before" or "Enter before", followed by a date. The end date of the extension you got from an immigration office in Thailand has no bearing on the validity period of the visa. See also this information on the website of the immigration bureau:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/conte...axpiredate.html

--

Maestro

• 2 weeks later...

You must use your tourist visa for the second entry not later than one day before the date stamped on the visa you got from a Thai consulate. Depending on the consulate where you got your visa it will have a text something like "This visa must be utilized before" or "Enter before", followed by a date. The end date of the extension you got from an immigration office in Thailand has no bearing on the validity period of the visa. See also this information on the website of the immigration bureau:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/conte...axpiredate.html

--

Maestro

FWIW - I got a double entry Tourist Visa in Vientiane early 2/09 (1st = 2 & 3/09 - "Enter before" 5/1/09!)

I got 1st normal extension @ Immigration Off. (1st Extnsn = 4/09 - TO 5/3/09 - 1st time I ever got an Extnsn to a date AFTER the "Enter before" date!)

On 4/30, I was to do a VisaRun to Cambodia but the Run Co. failed to pick me up - when I called, they said, "Go tomorrow!" However, I read "Enter before" 5/1/09 & freaked out. I went to the Immigration Off. & asked, "Tomorrow (5/1/09) OK?" Man @ Information counter said, "No, go today." Man @ visa processing desk said, "OK go tomorrow." Usual TIT bureacrappy!

So I went to the Run Co. office & asked - clerk said, "OK tomorrow" but then he called somebody & then said, "Tomorrow no problem!" Right, but TI, afterall,T!

So, 5/1/09, I went to Cambodia w/ my fingers crossed & lots of extra paper, including the original VisaRun Co. receipt w/ original 4/30 date. Got my 2nd 60 days OK/no problem. (It seemed like the Officer did look at visa/passport more carefully than usual. I did NOT have to show any extra paper or say anything extra!)

MAYBE I was lucky?

Maybe lucky.

But I think they let people slide by on doing it the day of the enter before date sometimes.

Always best to plan the trip a day of head of time though just in case. Yours problem was one where the just in case philosophy would of been a big help.

It's not the first time we're heard of people getting through on the enter before date on a visa, but we've also heard from people who were unsuccesful.

Far better to play it safe and go the day before. If you miss out, you're losing 3 months on the visa.