Stickman Going Into Private Investigation

pautai

What is the difference between a PD checking up on a spouse or one seeing if somebody is selling fake nikes at a market. Just because the client is corporate should mean no difference at all.

I'm also not saying that PD work is wrong either.

Well, for one thing, the guy selling fakes at a market is breaking the law. It's a little different probing into someone's personal affairs.

The point is DICK, do you do your work from some high moral standpoint OR is the truth, that you are making money from other peoples misfortune? If its the later, then you are nothing more than a leech, if its about morals, then become a policeman and be open and honest and get respect.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.  I had a stiff argument with her and let her know in very clear terms that she had to shape up, or else... 

2. After this, she has been more loyal and more sweet sweet than ever. 

3. It seems that when the girls know you are not a complete push-over (read: loser/idot) they gain some respect for you.

LOL..... I can't decide whether or not you treat your "love" as either a deckhand in your navy (1) or a puppy dog in your kennel (2).

for (3), all I can say is your wonderful insight into the inner-workings of the Thai psyche are outstanding.... sheeeeeeeshhhhh..

What is the difference between a PD checking up on a spouse or one seeing if somebody is selling fake nikes at a market. Just because the client is corporate should mean no difference at all.

Well, for one thing, the guy selling fakes at a market is breaking the law. It's a little different probing into someone's personal affairs.

The point is DICK, do you do your work from some high moral standpoint OR is the truth, that you are making money from other peoples misfortune? If its the later, then you are nothing more than a leech, if its about morals, then become a policeman and be open and honest and get respect.

You are so off the mark, I'm tempted not even to respond.

No, I do not make money from other peoples' "misfortunes". The people that I investigate are making a living by breaking the law and stealing from others. If they suffer "misfortune" from being brought to justice, I describe that as the risk they knowingly took when they decided to engage in an illegal business.

You are so off the mark, I'm tempted not even to respond.

No, I do not make money from other peoples' "misfortunes". The people that I investigate are making a living by breaking the law and stealing from others. If they suffer "misfortune" from being brought to justice, I describe that as the risk they knowingly took when they decided to engage in an illegal business.

Just seeing how people like you and stickman can justify yourselves. are you doing it for money or from a moral point? Not too hard a question is it?

Not trying to jump to Pvt.Dick's defense, but I guess I am, so 'What bundle of bees crawled up your a$$ anyway Harry?'

Are you saying that someone who helps protect IP rights is the same as someone who takes pictures of cheating spouses? Are you saying he needs a moral point to provide a severely needed service? IP theft is a huge issue, period, so in my eyes, he's doing moral and needed work, even if I do visit Sukhumvit on the odd occasion. The latter being my own moral failings.

You're comparing apples and oranges my man.

Edited by Dr. Burrito

Not trying to jump to Pvt.Dick's defense, but I guess I am, so 'What bundle of bees crawled up your a$$ anyway Harry?'

Are you saying that someone who helps protect IP rights is the same as someone who takes pictures of cheating spouses? Are you saying he needs a moral point to provide a severely needed service? IP theft is a huge issue, period, so in my eyes, he's doing moral and needed work, even if I do visit Sukhumvit on the odd occasion. The latter being my own moral failings.

In this country, if your wife has sex with another man and you can prove it, you can then sue this man for damages. ie:it is against the law?

same as IP theft?

No, not correct.  I can sue you for any reason I like, whether it is a criminal reason (i.e., you defrauded me) or civil (i.e., you broke a promise).

I just talked to a friend of mine,who for reasons that I will not go into has first hand experience of this Law.

I believe that this is a written Law that states that if a wife has sex with another man, then both the wife and the other man must pay compensation to the husband.The compensation amount is to be awarded by a Thai judge in a Court of Law.??

What then is the difference between this and say copyright Law? In both cases you are breaking the Law.

Edited by chuchok

Comparing apples with apples here.

The bigger picture is all about morals, what moral standards does DICK live by?

What morals do you live by? Apologies, I don't know if you live here, work here or visit Dr B, but have you never bought pirate software? Copy branded clothing? If you have you are a hypocrite. If you are one of the few that has not, then I apologise once again to you.

Back to DICK, when plying his trade has he never broken the law? Has he ever traced peoples telephone statements? Has he never enquired about someone using a false reason to do so? I truly think so sir!

However you want to dress it up or justify it, he and one American Law Firm here in BKK are not such moral people.

So how can he have the nerve to come on here and criticise Stickman?

Comparing apples with apples here.

The bigger picture is all about morals, what moral standards does DICK live by?

What morals do you live by? Apologies, I don't know if you live here, work here or visit Dr B, but have you never bought pirate software? Copy branded clothing? If you have you are a hypocrite. If you are one of the few that has not, then I apologise once again to you.

Back to DICK, when plying his trade has he never broken the law? Has he ever traced peoples telephone statements? Has he never enquired about someone using a false reason to do so? I truly think so sir!

However you want to dress it up or justify it, he and one American Law Firm here in BKK are not such moral people.

So how can he have the nerve to come on here and criticise Stickman?

Harry,

You can call me a hypocrite if you like and rightly so I reckon. I stated in my bit above that my trips tp Sukhumvit (ie; DVD's. etc...) were my own moral failings. So no apologies needed there.

What I don't get is the moral issue related to Pvt.Dick's job. Why is he a hypocrite for performing a contracted and legal service? I understnad what you are saying people being culpable for their actions and such, but it can be taken to the extreme as well. In this case, I think you are by a bit.

Again, I will say that the type work he is doing is so far removed from what Stickman is offering to be similar to a orderly in a hospital being compared to a surgeon. The only similarity is the location of their job. People pandering to the lowest and basest fears are often also bottom-feeders. Some are worse than others. Maybe Pvt.Dick has insight into this or Stick that you and I are lacking.

Now, if someone wants Stick's or similar services and finds them of value, then good for them. However, an artist/businessman back in the world has a lot fewer resources and almost zero personal opportunity to make decisions regarding the possiblity of future theft of their work. A lonlely hearts menu man can look across the table and get a pretty good idea what he or she is on for.

You can't steal someone's wife, she has to offer. You can however, steal someone's money against their will and that is the type activity Pvt.Dick seems to be working to prevent.

Illegal it may be, but its one of those 'It takes two to tango' scenarios. IP theft isn't.

Taking two to tango should not enter into the equation...(even though both parties are breaking the law.)

IP theft is stealing. Adultary is breaking the law.Whatever you think is worse is a moral issue.

I can't see any difference.

Out of all of this, I think the best quote is :

the girl was the ex-mia noi of a Tuk Tuk driver

it just brings up so many images and ideas.

But IMHO, if someone wants to pay for information, whats the problem.

Every day your employer, bank, insurance company etc does the same.

Simply risk management.

I am just waiting for the day that Stickman publishes his memoirs. For t=me that would be an interesting read !!!

QUOTE(Jack Jones @ 2005-01-31 20:27:39)

So what does he charge?

why dont you send him an email and ask 

Lads, I don't need his services, I'm single (no girlfriend) and secure. Just interested to know what he charges the unsuspecting farang?

Reading his columns, I can't get over the hypocrisy. I mean he bangs on about how bad the naughty bars are but he seems to spend a majority of his time in there. This scam sounds like an excuse to spend more time in there, something to spin to Mrs. Stick....'no honestly darling, I have to go to The Doll House tonight to check this girl out for a customer'. Nice one Stick!

Now, if someone wants Stick's or similar services and finds them of value, then good for them. However, an artist/businessman back in the world has a lot fewer resources and almost zero personal opportunity to make decisions regarding the possiblity of future theft of their work. A lonlely hearts menu man can look across the table and get a pretty good idea what he or she is on for.

Your issue then. I can see the difference. BTW, I'm not saying which is worse either, just stating they are very different.

Well then explain to me the difference?

Did Hillary Clinton sit across a table when she was dating Bill and think……this boy is going to shag around on me?

I had a friend that was a British QC, a lovely girl or so everybody thought…shagged around on her husband like there was no tomorrow. Everybody was shocked…friends family the works.

As I said in a previous post, nobody really knows anybody else 100%.

In my eye, breaking the Law is breaking the Law.Adultary or theft. According to the Thai law, both are wrong. To say that a PD’s work is any different to me is baffling. If you think that a PD will not use any means he can (Like bribing somebody for phone records etc) in both cases to get a conviction, then I think you are mistaken

sounds like an excuse to spend more time in there, something to spin to Mrs. Stick....'no honestly darling, I have to go to The Doll House tonight to check this girl out for a customer'. Nice one Stick!

Well, nice work if you can get it......

Umm, just a question here;

How many people have either met Stickman or sent him an email. Do you know him by name or even called him on the phone ?

Do you think it is fair to judge someone on what they say on a commercial website and then assume that is the entirety of their personality ?

Ask yourself this, while you are rubbishing someone who has built a cash-earning business from nothing; are all the posts you have put here or on any other website a total summation of your personality, or is there some alter-ego involved ?

No, not correct.  I can sue you for any reason I like, whether it is a criminal reason (i.e., you defrauded me) or civil (i.e., you broke a promise).

I just talked to a friend of mine,who for reasons that I will not go into has first hand experience of this Law.

I believe that this is a written Law that states that if a wife has sex with another man, then both the wife and the other man must pay compensation to the husband.The compensation amount is to be awarded by a Thai judge in a Court of Law.??

What then is the difference between this and say copyright Law? In both cases you are breaking the Law.

so p4p is safe and okay after all :o

<Well then explain to me the difference?>

I've already said it, but I'll say it again, breaking into somebody's wallet without them knowing it and taking their cash is not the same as your wife knowingly stepping out on you. Its a two party transaction, whilst the former is a one-party action. In the first place, if the missus cheats, who are you going to charge with the crime? If someone breaks into your house and makes off with the Sony Wega and you catch them at it, its a pretty clear cut case of who takes the fall.

<Did Hillary Clinton sit across a table when she was dating Bill and think……this boy is going to shag around on me?>

I'll bet she did,.. Yes. I'd sure as heck bet she had a danged good idea of who he was. Maybe she thought she could change him or maybe he promised he would change, or maybe he was just a sweet-talker, but in any event, I'd bet there was a notion. I'm not saying everyone has a notion, but a proper amount of time spent in building a relationship before tying the knot will give a good majority a very qualified idea of what they are getting into. Them choosing to ignore their judgement is a different issue.

<I had a friend that was a British QC, a lovely girl or so everybody thought…shagged around on her husband like there was no tomorrow. Everybody was shocked…friends family the works.> I refer to the above and there are always exceptions to te rule, but remember, exceptions usually prove the rule as well.

<As I said in a previous post, nobody really knows anybody else 100%.> True, and as I stated above, a proper amount of time learning more about that person will give you a great bit of useful, though perhaps unused insight.

<In my eye, breaking the Law is breaking the Law.Adultary or theft. According to the Thai law, both are wrong. To say that a PD’s work is any different to me is baffling. If you think that a PD will not use any means he can (Like bribing somebody for phone records etc) in both cases to get a conviction, then I think you are mistaken>

Breaking the law is breaking the law? Sorry, but a very simplified and unsophisticated point of view. Murder vs. Robbery? Rape vs. Adultery? I could go on for days.

Edited by Dr. Burrito

Dr. B,

Breaking the law is breaking the law...punishment is for the severity of the crime

You were comparing an orderly to a surgen??? How?Why

Maybe Bllly C was a bad example, but there are many people out there that have been with a loved one for many years...only to find out that the other has committed adultary...they all can't be thick.

Ok, then to change it slighty, answer this question.

" If you think that a PD will not use any means he can (Like bribing somebody for phone records etc) in both cases to get a conviction, then I think you are mistaken."

Edited by chuchok

<You were comparing an orderly to a surgen??? How?Why>

I just see someone dealing in misery and sorrow as different than someone investigating real crimes, but that's me.

<Maybe Bllly C was a bad example, but there are many people out there that have been with a loved one for many years...only to find out that the other has committed adultary...they all can't be thick.>

Actually, they can be. you know as well as I do that when it comes to affairs of the heart, common sense seldom plays a role until the aftermath and disaster hit. Unfortunately or not

<Ok, then to change it slighty, answer this question.

" If you think that a PD will not use any means he can (Like bribing somebody for phone records etc) in both cases to get a conviction, then I think you are mistaken.">

And if he does that stuff and gets caught at it, then he/she should pay the price. Also, what might not be a legal tactic for them back where we come from might be legal here, so not sure if they are breaking the law as we define it anyway in gathering information.

Harry, Harry. I can only imagine how lonely life must be for you -- all alone up there on your high moral pillar. And how frustrating your daily life must be, with hypocrites and sinners everywhere. The Sunday school teacher who takes the Lord's name in vain when she hits her thumb with a hammer; the dentist who fails to floss after every meal; the drug counsellor who enjoys an occasional toke; the cop who enjoys a low-stakes poker game with his buddies on the weekend.

If I am a hypocrite for ever breaking a law, I am definitely guilty. Like everyone here, I break some law or another almost every day. I have been known to drive well above the speed limit; I jaywalk when I can't be bothered to climb up the steps; I enjoy the occasional nightlife tomfoolery; I even smoke a joint once or twice a year.

I don't sell or manufacture counterfeit products. I do not lie under oath. I do not plant evidence on people, or set people up. I do not tap phones or obtain evidence by anything other than legal means under Thai law.

I do, however, use any and all avenues of obtaining evidence that are NOT prohibited by Thai law. And you would be surprised how many things there are that are not illegal in Thailand, that perhaps would be in the West. Privacy laws are almost non-existent, and the legal definition of "bribery" is miles away from what it is in Europe. Did you know that paying gratuities to police officers is not only not illegal, but that it is officially sanctioned in the law? Things like pretext approaches (i.e., as you say, lying to get information) don't even show up on the radar.

So, am I still a disgusting human being?

If you decide that you need to have a private eye checking up on your girlfriend then unless you're a bit thick, the alarm bells should be ringing already. :o

If you can't decide yourself then you might as well give up now. :D

Just for the record- I agree with Dr Burrito, how can someone who spies on spouses etc etc be classed the same as someone who is hired by multi-national companies to spy on copyright fraud etc etc.

Edited by davethailand

If you decide that you need to have a private eye checking up on your girlfriend then unless you're a bit thick, the alarm bells should be ringing already. :o

If you can't decide yourself then you might as well give up now. :D

Just for the record- I agree with Dr Burrito, how can someone who spies on spouses etc etc be classed the same as someone who is hired by multi-national companies to spy on copyright fraud etc etc.

Well,I don't agree with you guys. If your 3000miles away and just want to make sure, then what's the problem.Christ I've heard of Thai girls waiting five years divorce a husband so they can get money.There are some great actors out there that shopuld be lining up for an Oscar.

If you screw around then be prepared to face the music. I know of two people that were not a bit thick and ended up getting shafted. A private dick may have helped them.How many times have we heard the story that the agrieved spouce was the last to know?

A while ago a member of this forum used this web site to allegedly find a small shop operation selling copyright shirts.....now that's low.

I actually never thought about it untill I saw this TV show about it in NZ. here was this poor prick that had been married for years that had a "funny feelling" about his wife. He even put it on her..no,no,no..she replied etc.(Any good boy or girl knows that if you deny everything you are half way there.. :D ) He even asked her mates.Again he got a no.(People protecting her etc) So he hired a Priv Dick and found out that she was shafting her boss.Good on him I say..

Anyway, I've already told my wife that if she screws around on me, I'll find the bugger responsible and shake his hand. :D