Tot Internet As Good As Dead Last 2 Days?

thaibkk

Tried every hour or so from 9am in the morning to upload some files via FTP with my Maxnet account. Had to stay awake until 1am before I could finally get a connection to the server. My Outlook tried for more than 3 hours to send a 4k email.

Surely - TOT cannot be that bad ?

Tried every hour or so from 9am in the morning to upload some files via FTP with my Maxnet account. Had to stay awake until 1am before I could finally get a connection to the server. My Outlook tried for more than 3 hours to send a 4k email.

I had TOT before and now Maxnet - at the same location. You do not know how lucky you are that you have Maxnet. At the moment there seem to be some small problems with Maxnet too. But if you want to have even bigger problems ALL THE TIME then switch to TOT - when I had it destroyed almost every day in my life ;-) Even CAT cannot reach the quality of Maxnet - this was my experience here in Pattaya.

I had an offer for a great and much cheaper apartment than I use now. But I would have had to live with TOT there again. I did not move - and I really know why after all my TOT experience :-)))

Oh yes, they can be that bad. Yep. No problem for TOT. I am just waiting for the CAT exchange to come near my house but in the meantime, TOT has been basically useless for about 1 year. The reason is that there is a crazy amount of noise on my line, S/N is anywhere from 1 - 7, should be at least 12 for a reasonable connection. And it used to be 12 - 15 before. But then they screwed up and the TOT guys that come to fix it don't even know how to access the modem to see the noise problem.

Using mostly CAT CDMA to tide me over....

YES it can! Its name says it all: TOT = TOtal Trash

Oh yes, they can be that bad. Yep. No problem for TOT. I am just waiting for the CAT exchange to come near my house but in the meantime, TOT has been basically useless for about 1 year. The reason is that there is a crazy amount of noise on my line, S/N is anywhere from 1 - 7, should be at least 12 for a reasonable connection. And it used to be 12 - 15 before. But then they screwed up and the TOT guys that come to fix it don't even know how to access the modem to see the noise problem.

Using mostly CAT CDMA to tide me over....

In both cases TOT and Maxnet I had/have perfect modem data (S/N for instance). This was not the problem. To summarize my experience let me quote the TOT hotline: TOT provides the rated speed only for servers within Thailand and TOT knows that Maxnet is much better. These are THEIR statements. But I have nothing to add.

But it did not end with the problems for the internet. Not even the telephone worked for many days and always got disconnected. And on top of this when I canceled the TOT service I was told that I did not cancel and that I am a problem guy and should leave the TOT Pattaya office. I had the receipt for the 1070 Baht cancellation fee and the date on it - but it did not count and I was very polite. They really told me despite of the receipt that I did not cancel and that I am a known problem guy. Honestly I have never been there before... I never saw any of those persons in my life before... And again I was very polite all the time even if it was not easy. And they continued to charge me for the internet and charged me and told me it is up to the engineer when I get cancelled until I showed up at the TOT Pattaya office with some Thai witnesses. Only then I could end this bad story because I was not a farang alone anymore - sad that it seems to be like this.

All together it was an extremely unpleasant package - from the beginning to the end. And I write only a very short version of my total experence with TOT. Maxnet is boring - no problems at all. Just be careful - you will get 2 bills - one from Maxnet for the ADSL and one from TOT for the phone line. Of course I never received one from TOT and here the story goes on... For me TOT was/is my water boarding ;-)

Hi,maybe someone reading this topic has the knowledge to explain me some figures.

Attached are the statistics of my modem without the adsl filter connected.

As you will see I have a steady noise margin downstream of 7 db.

When I connect the adsl filter the downstream noise margin will fluctuate constantly between 3 and 8 db.

Which is the better option.

Edit to add: with the adsl filter connected TX B/s = 170 and the Rx B/s = 200 which is a huge difference as without the filter connected.Anyway I have no idea what those figures mean.

setup.cgi.htm

Edited by basjke

Yea, my approximate two months with TOT internet (2Mb Goldcyber package) was the two slowest and frustrating months of my internet usage life; I switched to the JI-NET BixConnext package (the only JI-NET package available for me since I have a TOT phone line) and I have had excellent/fast/reliable internet sevice since. I pay twice as much as I would with TOT, but at least my 2Mb internet service always works.

Edited by Pib