Yellow Registration Book

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another thread about driving licences in Thailand has sparked my curiosity...

How many people that stay here on extended visas have the "Yellow" permanent residence registration book?

If you do have one, what are the benefits?

Moved to here.

You will find a pinned topic at top of first page about yellow tambien bahn here also

Could you be a bit more specific? I've looked and I can't find it, not for the first time as my wife will confirm!

Thanks

A Yellow book is only a proof of residence, but can help when purchasing items or paying bills or getting amenities in your name, even opening bank accounts.

After getting married I made sure that I got a yellow book, a Thai driving License, a Social Security card and of course a Tax number. I even got a rebate on my paid tax....

If you are in Thailand and want to stay here, then do it properly and register for everything.

After getting married I made sure that I got a yellow book, a Thai driving License, a Social Security card and of course a Tax number.

How does one get a Thai Social Security Card? And is there any use having one?

(I'm married too, and "in process" of getting the Tabian Baan, but that SSC is news to me...)

After getting married I made sure that I got a yellow book, a Thai driving License, a Social Security card and of course a Tax number.

(I'm married too, and "in process" of getting the Tabian Baan, but that SSC is news to me...)

I went to the Social Security office in Nonthaburi and got all the documentation. Means I can goto the Hospital and not pay if under a certain amount, not sure about the amount, best idea is get your wife to phone them up and ask about it for you.

I went to the Social Security office in Nonthaburi and got all the documentation. Means I can goto the Hospital and not pay if under a certain amount, not sure about the amount, best idea is get your wife to phone them up and ask about it for you.

Are you paying into the social insurance program ?

• 2 months later...
A Yellow book is only a proof of residence, but can help when purchasing items or paying bills or getting amenities in your name, even opening bank accounts.

After getting married I made sure that I got a yellow book, a Thai driving License, a Social Security card and of course a Tax number. I even got a rebate on my paid tax....

If you are in Thailand and want to stay here, then do it properly and register for everything.

I got a yellow book and I AM NOT resident???? I visit for 2--3 months at a time twice a year. I come on a NON O visa am married to a Thai and own some condos but am not a resident.

Yes I am on a Non Immigrant O visa too

To get a Non Immigrant O visa you have to prove that you and your wife live together, therefore theoretically you are resident here, unless you get your Visa out of the country.

Edited by beano2274

To get a Non Immigrant O visa you have to prove that you and your wife live together, therefore theoretically you are resident here, unless you get your Visa out of the country.

Ha ha ha I DO get my visa out of the country , I get it in the UK so how does the "yellow book" prove residence or was I lucky?

I've had the yellow tabien ban in three different provinces. It has nothing to do with being a resident. It's just simply a registration of who is living at a certain property. It's nice to have, but you can live without it.

Most farangs living with thias will find that they can not be put into the blue book, and their spouse fears the concept of a 'yellow book'

Really it does not matter much.

Ha ha ha I DO get my visa out of the country , I get it in the UK so how does the "yellow book" prove residence or was I lucky?

Neither of you are residents in Thailand, unless you have residency status approved by the Thai powers that be.

Non-immigrant means non-resident.

The yellow book has nothing to do with residency.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

I just got my first yellow book. It's in my name alone, and the name is spelled in Thai font. It appears like a house registration. In other words, though farang cannot own the land, he can own the house (improvements) upon the land. That was told to me by a Thai real estate agent.

I'm not married, so the marriage requirement is bogus, at least here in Chiang Rai. It was not a difficult process to get it, though did take a month, and the signature (on another piece of paper) by a Thai person.

Within days, it enabled me to register a vehicle in my name, also first time here in Thailand. Actually, my vehicle had been in my name already, but the transfer of that registration to my province was problematic. The yellow book made it happen.

Also, I was told by the guy at the gov't desk that a farang can only have one yellow book (perhaps he meant only one in a particular district). I have 3 houses, so optimumly, I'd like a y.book on each one. Can anyone tell me shed more light on this?

You'll be able to get a yellow book for each of your houses, but you'll only be listed as living in one of them.

Basically you could have as many yellow books as houses/condo's you own, your name will appear on Page 1, whichever property you state your living at, your details will be printed on Page 2 (If it's a new yellow book)

As other members have posted, the yellow book is "just simply a registration of who is living at a certain property".

Please TV members, don't get it confused with being a house ownership book, which it's not, other legal paperwork covers who owns the house.

Boycie