Advice About Non Imm B

Hi,

A bit of a long story. My Visa and work permit will expire on the 30th April 2009, I have a new teaching job lined up but I can't get the documentation needed to get the new Non Imm B Visa until the 4th May. So what I thought best to do is do a visa run to Mae Sai on the 30th April and get a tourist visa which will give me enough time to get the required documentation from my school to go to Vientiane to get the new Non Imm B visa.

Does that sound the best way to do it or is there a far easier way to do this? Like an extension from immigration or something else?

I'm in Chiang Mai if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the help!

You can get a 7 day extension at immigration. I assume you have an extension of stay not a visa entry.

If your previous employment has already ended and the labor department has been notified you might find yourself on an overstay when you go to immigration.

Thanks for the reply.

My previous employment hasn't ended yet, I've been in contact with my old boss and I've told him the situation so he's waiting for me to cancel it. I want the tourist visa so I have a bit of extra time in case I get offered a better paid job.

Just a shame there is so much messing around just for a bloody visa!