Decalcification Of Water

DanishViking

Any of you having experience with decalcification of deep well water ? Here in the Krabi region calcium in the water is a huge problem, when you take it from a deep drilled well, causing congestion in pipes, pumps and toiletdevices such as draining pipes, showers, sinks, taps, etc.

There are several kind of systems with pro's and contra's. As I understand, the systems working with ultrasonic technics seems effective. What's your opinion ?

Thankful for all answers.

It's about a small compound (resort)using about 170.000 liters/month .

I assume you are talking about a water softner of some sort. Hope you get some responses, because I have a similar problem--not as bad as yours, but I hate the build up in/on anything using water.

I assume you are talking about a water softner of some sort. Hope you get some responses, because I have a similar problem--not as bad as yours, but I hate the build up in/on anything using water.

Yes, I've got a similar problem, and would love to hear the solutions. A mate of mine invested 16,000 baht into a triple-filtration system because he was - allergic to something in the water, made his skin blister and peel. Sand filtration, reverse osmosis, ionization. Now he can take a shower or bath...but they still don't dare drink the stuff, because the water tests came back positive for some stuff I can't remember. I'm in a nice little rental; put a new American Standard toilet in 2 months ago, the calcification has already stuffed up the works, had to scrape it off. Time to look at having city water brought in.

I am in BKK and the water still is rather hard. Quite a lot of rust and some build up. In my home country I had a well with VERY hard water and had to replace faucets almost yearly. My family put in a water softner and once you get used to not having to wash and then wipe everything clean and dry--including the floor as well as using about 1/4 of the soap in dishes and washing machines, you get spoiled.

I wonder if you can get a standard water softner here.

Sorry but that is far from the easiest way to do it. Perhaps where you live it is, but where I live, that would not be much water and would require an entire new water system in the house.