Dtac Happy Sim Card - Can I Get Internet?

lifeincnx

Hello, novice DTAC cell phone user here. I have a basic DTAC prepaid SIM card (Happy), no plan, and would like to be able to have occasional Internet access. Also I don't seem to be able to send cell-phone captured images as well. Is this available from a DTAC SIM card or only from DTAC plans?

PS - before you suggest another carrier, I have found that only the DTAC carrier works with my quad Motorola - thanks.

If your mobile has gprs or edge then yes you can access the internet, you need to install the software that came with the phone or if you have lost it download form motorola website. Without a plan you will pay 1baht per minute. there are cheap plans available for say 3 hours access a month.

D-Tec has a hardware device that accepts a SIM card and can connect to your USB port. In Phuket, you can get one at Big C, but it's a rip off.

Get a CAT CDMA card or somehting like that, the Novatel "Ovation" MC727 is rockin. It's 7,000 baht or so, but you get great speeds. DONT buy a SIM-based solution like the D-Tech, it's almost more money and like 20x less the speed, especially during peak times.

• 8 months later...