A Dilemma Only A Woman Could Have...

sbk

So, here I am in Bangkok and I've found the perfect little black dress. Fits great, looks just right on me and the price is right.

So, what's the catch? Well, I have no idea when or where I would wear it. So, ladies, how to solve this dilemma? Just buy it and revel in the knowledge I've found the perfect dress should I need it? Or not buy it, regret not buying it but also revel in the knowledge that I have not spent money on a dress I will never wear?

It is a dilemma, isn't it? :o

***edit **** gotta admit, I've never been one for avoiding temptation and am seriously considering going back to the shop tomorrow to buy the dress :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

buy it!! buy it!

and here is troll detection time

any one who replies with a 'no dont buy it' and still tries to claim to be a woman....dont bother! you've been found out!! :o

As a guy, I advise you to buy it. If you don't the thought will haunt you for weeks, and guess who will be the victim of those thoughts and the accompanying moods??? Yes your partner will be.... So please, do your partner a favour and please please please BUY IT !! :o

Ohh yes yes Buyyyy it! Think about it this way..if you dont buy it, will you think about it/regret it? What if that perfect occasion does come up and ..wahhh no perfect dress. BUY IT!

On the plus side, remember too that you can dress a dress like that up or down. Ie flats and boho/hippy jewelery for a more casual look or heels and some nice classy jewellery for a more dressed up look.

Buyyyyyyy it! :o

hey..have you got a pic of a similar dress?

I love this look..a casual look for a dress that could easily be dressed way up.

casual_chic_big.jpg

Hmm..sorry ill calm down now.. just havent been shopping for a long long time... (not a fan, but get the occasional shopping fever) :D

Edit..OMG sorry..i didnt realise the image would be so big! :o

Edited by eek

I repeat

buy it!

no justification needed

thats how a true woman thinks :o

wheres that other thread I had about fashion? been thinking we need a fashion thread

you know...for tips and such. how to wear what with what mix and match, what accessories etc

Ok, now that the word "minor guilt" is out.. how about the shoes.. I am sure you donot have shoes to go with the dress. No woman ever has... :D

Well..... to be totally honest, I have a really cute pair of strappy silver and black high heeled sandals that I bought for exactly the same reason the last time I was in Bangkok :o

*** I did say I was not good at avoiding temptation, remember?

No need for subliminal messages IMHO. Woman are born with that..it is a subliminal gene which starts functioning in the presence of dresses, shoes and handbags...

And now I better get out of here.. :o

Just to ne different: Don't buy it! When will you wear it? It's a waste of money at any price! Just get yourself some sackcloth and ashes...

Of course you should buy it and wear it often, even if just for dinner or lunch or breakfast...

I'm a guy so maybe i don't know much, but it seems that a little black dress is an indispensable and versatile part of any woman's wardrobe. It can be worn as casual / evening wear, or accessorized and dressed up for "fancier" occasions. Ms. Bino has a couple - and it is usually the only dress she wears, or packs in the suitcase for travel. Looks good on her too!

Buy it, then invent the needs for it! Wolfman had the right idea!

Buy it NOW! Shut down the computer immediately and go to the store (if you haven't already)

In a former life, I ran a retail shop. I can't tell you how many times someone agonized over a purchase, decided to wait, thought about it for a few days and then returned to buy the item only to discover the object of their desire was GONE! And we weren't selling the type of items that could be "ordered in" like phoning for a pizza. The poor lady was just out-of-luck!

Move quickly!

Well..its nearly 6pm. Chances are that by now sbk has either bought it or chickened out. I wonder if shes in the store right now thinking "hmm..um...er...um.. ok have a coffee first, then come back".

..one coffee later, back again.

"hmm..um..er...um..ok, have another coffee, then come back".

:o

OK, I have a confession to make. I got up this morning, had my coffee (well I did have to wait for the store to open) and was in the store 10 minutes after they opened. bought the dress and a pair of jeans (well, I need a pair, right?) and then had to go find a bra to wear with the LBD. :D

Zen Central has a pretty good selection of bras btw, more than La Senza.

Now I need to find a bag, to go with the dress.... :o

:D

I'm so glad you bought it sbk!

If you are still in Bangkok, you should just wear it out somewhere, even if it is to have a cup of coffe in a posh hotel resturant. Just walk around somewhere feeling fabulous!

We've been here in Bangkok off and on for the last 2 weeks, and I felt like island trash, so succumbed to a shopping splurge myself, although encouraged by my fella, he's worse than me (its just so exciting to have shops and a choice of things after spending so long on small islands).