Offal In Pattaya: Tripe, Chitterlings, Heart And Liver

syd barrett

The Friendship Supermarket on Pattaya Tai offers a reasonable selection of delicious offal. The tripe is excellent, consumed with onions and vinegar. I did buy some Chitterlings (intestines) there as well, but I don't think they went so well in a casserole.

I am planning on buying some trotters to experiment with, and I prefer Lambs liver to Ox liver.

Any Pattaya Offal experiences you wish to share, along with advise about alternative vendors and recipes gratefully received. I would be interested to hear about anyones experiences with Brawn available in Pattaya (brains or 'cheese of skull'). Thanks.

My wife buys pigs uterus from Foodland. Honestly, I would chew my own leg off rather than try it.

:o

Although I do enjoy eating chickens bottoms (Tdood Gai) from the Sausage guy who passes my house with his sausage cart... Nice and crunchy they are :D :D :D

My wife buys pigs uterus from Foodland. Honestly, I would chew my own leg off rather than try it.

:o

Although I do enjoy eating chickens bottoms (Tdood Gai) from the Sausage guy who passes my house with his sausage cart... Nice and crunchy they are :D :D :D

I wondered what those brown bits were in your teeth !

Are Trotters Pigs feet ? I just fancy pickling some, do you think they would be ok pickled or would they go off ??

I recommend pigs feet (trotters) they are one of my favourite offal foods. See link below; they have anti-aging properties:

Pigs Feet The New Superfood

I might give the Pigs Trotters a miss for now, until the Swine Flu problem calms down. Thanks anyway Syd.

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHH!

Pig's feet. Have you ever been on a commercial pig farm? Pig's feet spend 90% of their time

in what has accurately been called a fecal soup. An all too vivid a visual and olfactory experience for

me to get past to eat one of those things.

Maybe if I didn't know...

Not sure how serious to take the reference to chicken cloaca, but I did see on a Bangkok riverside menu

Dried Fried Fish Bowels. I could dig up the name if some of you are so inclined.

kdf

From MS Works dictionary;

of·fal

of·fal [áwf'l, óff'l]

n

1. edible internal organs: the edible, mainly internal organs of an animal, e.g. the heart, liver, brains, and tongue, sometimes regarded as unpalatable

2. something thrown away: something discarded as refuse

I thought this word sounded familiar "áwf'l".

Cheaper? You'd have to PAY me a LOT to eat the crapola and I am sure you're not gonna do that, so go ahead, keep all that stuff to you offal fans, thank you very much.

I can understand Americans being against offal, because they have always had cheap beef available.

In the U.K. many people of my age were raised on offal and there was UCP (United Cattle Products) shops on every street corner. Most big cities in the North of England had scores of 'Tripe' shops for example.

Cheaper? You'd have to PAY me a LOT to eat the crapola and I am sure you're not gonna do that, so go ahead, keep all that stuff to you offal fans, thank you very much.

I can understand Americans being against offal, because they have always had cheap beef available.

In the U.K. many people of my age were raised on offal and there was UCP (United Cattle Products) shops on every street corner. Most big cities in the North of England had scores of 'Tripe' shops for example.

Do you remember the original Beef Dripping Syd ? it was yummy !!!

Do you remember the original Beef Dripping Syd ? it was yummy !!!

I do, it was great on bread.

It's very hard to obtain in Pattaya, you just have to obtain your own through cooking operations.

They have probably stopped selling it in the UK now due to the health crackdowns.