Anyone had any experience in obtaining a ED visa in KL, I'm enrolling on a course with Chiangmai Uni' so not anticipating any problems.... Looked on their website only thing that worries me is they want to see a financial reference! Often here they demand seeing these for tourist visas, but rarely ask for them....

Also they ask for a letter of recommendation from a cambodian school!!!! Obvioulsly this must just be for Cambo' students!

Also ask for a reference from someone in Thailand and a copy of their ID card.... Again can't see them asking for this but if anyone has obtained a visa from KL I would be interested in hearing your experience.

Many Thanks

KL's website is a mess like many others. It would probably be best to email them and ask exactly what is required.

If you are trying to a get a multiple entry I doubt very much you will get it.

If you have the correct documentation from the Ministry of Education (via your University) you will have no problem at KL. Apply for Single Entry only. Multiple Entry will require 90 day border trips whereas Single Entry only require visit to your local Immigration office every 90 days. And if you want to make a short trip out of Thailand, get a Re-Entry Permit.

Bapak

A single entry is a 90 day stay only - unless you extend it. That costs 1,900 baht if for one year or one day.

Of course... but it comes down to paying Baht 1900 at your local Immigration or making a border run and its subsequent costs.

Bapak

Hi,

Getting a ED visa from the thai embassy in KL is no problem at all as long as you either have a letter from the Minister of Education AND the school that you are attending OR just a letter from the school saying that you are going to study there. I have always found the ladies there on the desk very polite and helpful and never had a problem there. Only thing that you will find is that if you are not using the "in country" extensions and going back every 3 months for a new visa (I had to do this when iI was attending AUA as their requirements were that you study something like 40 hous a week in order for them to assist you for the "in country" extensions) after the 3rd or 4th one they will speak to you in Thai and tell you that they will need a letter from the MoE next time.

They do NOT ask for any financial records/reference from anyone in thailand (ecept of course for the school you are attending) and nothing else of that type, just take your passport, fee's, letter from the school and fill in the application and you will be fine. pick up is next day but now its AFTER 2:30 pm so it stuff up getting to the airport for the flight back the same day a bit but as I love Malaysia its not a problem for me :o However, I am now on a yearly visa as I have changed schools so it worked out pretty good.

Hope it helps,

Falcon

Anyone had any experience in obtaining a ED visa in KL, I'm enrolling on a course with Chiangmai Uni' so not anticipating any problems.... Looked on their website only thing that worries me is they want to see a financial reference! Often here they demand seeing these for tourist visas, but rarely ask for them....

Also they ask for a letter of recommendation from a cambodian school!!!! Obvioulsly this must just be for Cambo' students!

Also ask for a reference from someone in Thailand and a copy of their ID card.... Again can't see them asking for this but if anyone has obtained a visa from KL I would be interested in hearing your experience.

Many Thanks