News on visa detentions

Pschef, I have read your post, but has been awful busy lately.  So now I got some free time.

What I meant about a stamp that sticks out like a sore thumb, it is under the expectations that you obtained this stamp using agency to get it for you.  With that knowledge that is what I am talking about.  

From what I have been reading some members here did use agency and did get the right stamp and such was recorded.  Others did the same and got the faulty stamp and not recorded.

So, interesting to say, which agency was low balling all of us and giving us the fakers.  If there is more than one, lets name them here so they be blacklisted and such be made available to all.

But the bottom line is we all by now is very much aware that we have to do these visa runs ourselves unless excused by immigrations due to medical reasons or injury reasons.

Someone asked which stamp numbers are good and which ones are bad.   I got all of mine via airport and Thai embassy at the current moment.  So I cannot give the answer.  However I did notice that on mine I have a C 12345 type of number which C indicates Don Muang Airport immigration, and their numbers are in sequence such as 12345, 12346 etc.

I don't know if this tells you anything but my guess is this is the Immigration Officers ID number.  It is written on top of the stamp for both entry and departure.

:blues:

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dutch Vader here is some answers.  If you do the visa runs yourself meaning personally leave the country and personally re-enter the country, at the bona-fide check points then it is all legal.  Understand.  If you give your passport to someone else to do the visa run for you it is illegal and quite costly when you end up with a fake stamp on that passport and if you get caught you will be looking at 10 years down the pity pipe.

Secondly many use and literally abuse the short stay visas to avoid having to pay hefty fees, and meeting the other income requirements and stay requirements and many stay for months and months.  I would suppose that many at first intended to stay just for the short term, and as time went on they kept staying for whatever reason that might be.

Third, even if you have a long term visa like for one year, you still have to make a visa run every 90 days (thai law) not every 3 months.  It is every 90 days.  Don't get the two here mixed up.

The only time this basically stops is when you get the permanent residency.  The only requirement is that you check into the local police in the area you reside for address verification every so often.  I forgot if it is 90 days or every year.   This part is usually takes only 5 mins, in and out.

The Thai government is going to phase out these short stay extensions and put a limit on them to curtail its abuse.  So once that is in effect many have to make a decision to either continue to stay longer and get the required visas or go home.

Hope this answers some of your questions

Notice to all members.  If any of you think that Immigrations is going to cool off after this summit, I don't think so.  When they started on this and banging the foreigners, this will be for long term.

Reasons are too numerous to mention here, but they want to know who is coming in and going out.  As one of their examples the recent terrorist that they caught there.  Also there is some other groups and factions within Thailand that have substantial numbers within, it can be really hairy to them if any of these factions or groups get organized via some terrorist leader or from some influential person that has good pursuasion.  Last report is that this Hambili guy that got caught recently was in fact organizing a shindig of sorts and was getting the groups lined up to do it.  Like I said Thailand got lucky to catch him because he was almost untraceable.  Came in on a fake Spanish passport.  So to make it short, all bets are off if one thinks this is only temporary.

Oh, I noticed recently many businesses are up for sale and was owned by foreigners!   Even Factories.   Something is up in the air here guys.

I also predicted this would happen too a while back.

Hi Dave,

Actually we had one of our slowest listing weeks ever. Out of the 10 new businesses looking to sell this past week, only three are foreigners.  To put it bluntly, 10 selling listings in a week is simply bad, as we normally get 20+ new business listings per week. That’s with four Sunbelt Asia offices and staff of 53.

As for factories, please don’t read anything into that. We are concentrating on factories now as the Sunbelt stores inventory is low on that item. We have enough restaurants and service industry businesses. Now our concentration is on manufactures.

The buyer demand is there...Our seminar held this past Thursday was standing room only and we still get 200-300 e-mails everyday.

The bottom line, for the legit businessman, they are not worried. One reason is they did not have to cross the border every 30 days and ship their passport out.  

Who the enforcement of the laws affects is the guy just hanging out in Thailand.

Wow - I hope you're wearing a flame proof jacket, making statements like that on this site!

:o Maybe.

Really though, what country wants people skirting their immigration laws? Can you name any?  

There are ways to be legal in Thailand and it’s easier than being a immigrant wanting to live in the USA or Europe.

To Sunbelt Asia---        Getting to America is not the big problem my friend.  The practice that is going on in the Asia sector compounded the factors of being able to get visa's just to USA.   Also of course the requirements is hard and tough, and the proof needed to substantiate your request at times if difficult and if not next to impossible.  Because so many lie to these officers and even both of us witnessed a lie from one of the applicants while my wife was standing next to me, this person was grilled like a potatoe and got caught right then and there.

Just to name a few, many forge their documents like birth certificates, or family, or residences or assets etc.  The US really does check to see if all is legit.  And this might take several months.   I know from my first wife who was a Philippino, her stuff was not even finalized when I got there one year later.  I went after the Embassy like a hot potatoe, and they finally gave her the Visa 2 weeks before her departure because of my pressure and presence.

Those wanting to leave on their own, it is ten times harder now because of the security in effect.  Back in 1991 it was not that hard and the waiting time was indeed short.  Everything changed the last 10 years.

In fact the Embassy even showed me a sample of a good passport vs a fake passport.  From what I saw, it was impossible for me to tell the difference.  It had nothing to do with the numbers on the passport.  It was the passport itself.  Just about everything was practically the same except for a few things which is hard to detect.  They showed it to me and yes there was a difference.  Otherwise it would have passed immigrations with flying colors.

So to make it short, it is the few bad apples who made it hard for the other good apples to legally get the visas without a problem.

Some of what you say is true, and others not so.

Hold it Dutch Vader,  what do you mean by your last statement?   If you do the visa runs in person you are OK.  If you have someone else do it, it is illegal.

Now as of the short visas like the tourist visas, that is going to soon be phased out ( the current renew, and renew, and so on and so forth without limits)  with a new certain limit that one can apply for so many times and then you have to choose to either get the long one or go home.  Understand.  The long term visas will still remain but one will be subject to all the other regulations and requirements.

From what I understand those who continue to apply for these tourist visas, and once (when the new rules go into effect- if ever) one has to leave the country for 6 months before you can start it all over again.   This is one of their plans last I heard of.

So can you kindly explain to me what you meant from your last reply here.

The Thai Government is pissed at the defacto residents with many many 30 day tourist permits. Is it unreasonable of the Government to expect people to comply ?

Comply with what?

I thought that when i was getting a 30 day stamp, i was complying with Government requirements, if i am not then please arrest me, torture me, banish me forever. When the regulations regarding 30 day chops change, then i will alter my schedule, till then i do no wrong, in fact i appear before immigration officials every 30 days, they know my whereabouts, what is it with you overseas whiners!!!!!!!!

I am happy to be away from western whiners. This forum is as close as i want to get.

Jai di, sure you getting 30 day stamps. Viset!  Now why you keep getting the 30 day stamps.  The purpose of such stamp is for 30 days only.   Next one should be for 90 days.  After that should be your 1 year visa, after that your extension.

So why you say you content with just getting 30 day stamps.  It is (maybe your one of them) that abuse the 30 day purpose and its 90 day purpose.  Sure you want to be away from westerners!  Why do you think Thailand wants to tighten the regulations because it is people who keep abusing their rules and purposes.  Understand

You want to comment on this?   Do so, your welcomed to it.

Jai di, sure you getting 30 day stamps. Viset!  Now why you keep getting the 30 day stamps.  The purpose of such stamp is for 30 days only.   Next one should be for 90 days.  After that should be your 1 year visa, after that your extension.

So why you say you content with just getting 30 day stamps.  It is (maybe your one of them) that abuse the 30 day purpose and its 90 day purpose.  Sure you want to be away from westerners!  Why do you think Thailand wants to tighten the regulations because it is people who keep abusing their rules and purposes.  Understand

You want to comment on this?   Do so, your welcomed to it.

Dave yo,

I live 5 mins from the malaysian border, legally here, legal stamp, legal passport.

You have a problem with that?

If things change, then they change, i have the power to go to Penang to get a visa if needs to do so arise, till then i am here........................... and you are where?

According to the immigration police i am doing no wrong, but according to some bitter and twisted farangs that live thousands of miles away i am a criminal, luckily i only have to deal with the Thai immigration Police, and not you.

Dutch that is what many farangs are doing.  They have these 30 day stamps, and make the run in person ( and many have agencies do it for them)  and this is in a sense legal when you make the run in person leave and come back, but illegal to have someone do the run for you, but at same time these farangs are abusing the real purpose of these 30 day stamps.  This is how they avoid going to 90 day or to 1 year visa, and the regulations that come with it and they stay longer in Thailand than they should.

That is why the Thailand Government is pissed off at these defactos as Dr. PP said.   They are basically nomads hanging around and violating their rules.   This is one of their attempts and ways to find you and kick you out or bust you.

So when one keeps on getting the 30 day stamps in their efforts to stay longer than its intended they should apply for the 90 day if they want but many stay longer than 90 so they are doing it illegally for the most part.

The main purpose of these nomads is to avoid Thailand regulations and banking rules etc.

Jai di, Ok i read your post.  Now are you there as a tourist or for long term?  You not mention how long you have been there right or when you got there.   From what I see here written it is presumed you have been there longer than 30 days.

Await your answer.

Dutch that is what many farangs are doing.  They have these 30 day stamps, and make the run in person ( and many have agencies do it for them)  and this is in a sense legal when you make the run in person leave and come back, but illegal to have someone do the run for you, but at same time these farangs are abusing the real purpose of these 30 day stamps.  This is how they avoid going to 90 day or to 1 year visa, and the regulations that come with it and they stay longer in Thailand than they should.

That is why the Thailand Government is pissed off at these defactos as Dr. PP said.   They are basically nomads hanging around and violating their rules.   This is one of their attempts and ways to find you and kick you out or bust you.

So when one keeps on getting the 30 day stamps in their efforts to stay longer than its intended they should apply for the 90 day if they want but many stay longer than 90 so they are doing it illegally for the most part.

The main purpose of these nomads is to avoid Thailand regulations and banking rules etc.

hahaha, this is hilarious.

Jai di, Ok i read your post.  Now are you there as a tourist or for long term?  You not mention how long you have been there right or when you got there.   From what I see here written it is presumed you have been there longer than 30 days.

Await your answer.

Dave, i have been here for 3 years getting 30 day stamps 5 mins from my place, i apologise to you, i know i am a digrace to mankind for this criminal abuse and i am seriously contemplating suicide for my henious crime.........oh wait a minute.....it's not a crime!!! Pheeww, what a relief, see you at the border.

Jai di,

Why don't you just get a visa? If you'd got one from the beginning you'd be elligible for a residence visa by now. Is it because you are so close to the border that you thought it would be simpler to just border hop every 30 days? How long are you planning to stay in Thailand? Just curious.

Hmmmm, quite frankly this is not funny.  This is a serious situation brought on by people who abused this 30 day stamp, or the 90 day stamp.  I could care less if one is only 5 mins from the border.  That does not mean a thing.  So I understand you have been there for 3 whole long years.  Interesting to say, but as Dr. PP said, a defacto who not want to comply with the law of Thailand, and went behind the wall to avoid regulations and the banking requirements.

Well, it won't be so funny soon, when Thailand gets around to saying only 1 30 day stamp, and or 1 90 day stamp and after that foreigners must leave for minimum 6 months or apply for a long term visa.  Once that happens the foreigners cannot get around the banking laws and the regulations.  Hurts not only those there, but for all tourists around the world.

Hence the major crackdown now going concerning these stamps on those who did it illegally.  This is only the start of things yet to come.

Spot on Dr. PP!  Your statement is well said in short words.

Jai di,

Why don't you just get a visa? If you'd got one from the beginning you'd be elligible for a residence visa by now. Is it because you are so close to the border that you thought it would be simpler to just border hop every 30 days? How long are you planning to stay in Thailand? Just curious.

I did not think it would be simpler to border hop every 30 days , I knew it would be, i can crawl on my hands and knees and be there in 6 minutes.

Hmmmm, quite frankly this is not funny.  This is a serious situation brought on by people who abused this 30 day stamp, or the 90 day stamp.  I could care less if one is only 5 mins from the border.  That does not mean a thing.  So I understand you have been there for 3 whole long years.  Interesting to say, but as Dr. PP said, a defacto who not want to comply with the law of Thailand, and went behind the wall to avoid regulations and the banking requirements.

Well, it won't be so funny soon, when Thailand gets around to saying only 1 30 day stamp, and or 1 90 day stamp and after that foreigners must leave for minimum 6 months or apply for a long term visa.  Once that happens the foreigners cannot get around the banking laws and the regulations.  Hurts not only those there, but for all tourists around the world.

Hence the major crackdown now going concerning these stamps on those who did it illegally.  This is only the start of things yet to come.

Spot on Dr. PP!  Your statement is well said in short words.

Police Colonel Yo, General Pong,

When you bring the new regulations in, i am sure that i will comply with them, in the meantime i will beat myself about the head with a baton on an hourly basis to pay for my crimes against humanity.

Also i will continue to comply with your present regulations which allow me to have a 30 day stamp, see you in 26 days.

Just to rehash a previous post about fake Visas, I think that’s what this thread is all about?

Lets say you had a fake back in the year dot, you have since traveled out of Thailand and that TM card was Identified and regulated in the immigrations computer. I believe this must happen to everyone when they leave? Why didn’t they arrest those people then? That means that Visa / TM card is off the records, YES or NO?

Those people have since been home or to other countries, now these same people are being arrested on entering Thailand because of a stamp/TM card that was gained in lets say 2001.

That visa must have already been regulated??????? Correct me if I am wrong please?

Just received a message from a friend who is due back soon.

please read and comment.

ok, I understood the message about visa runs ; but in the hundred of

replies , something missing:

Nobody is talking about the famous "TM CARD"

You know, you got the entry stamp with the arrival TM card, the number of

the card is registered into the Com. Then they clip the departure one in your passport.

>your CV is on the card, the last entry point too, etc

>>>So , the farangs having a fake stamp, should have also a dodgy TM card,not registered, if not >there is no sense....>>So for my case, after

that stamp in 2001, I flew back from CNX airport.

the officer at the immigration enters the TM card No, the one I got in >Sadao, then no problem...

>do you see my point of view, correct or not ??

if someone (officer or agencies)make a fake stamp, in that case, why >>>>register the TM card ?

>>it could be interesting to know about it, in the thaivisa, what do you>>think?

>>TM card is also important as the stamp in your passport, that's the way>>for them to control the>farangs.........

Okay all your views are welcome???

Jai di,

...and how long are you planning to stay in Thailand?

Until your money runs out?

It wont run out, i am in a good position, i have money and will never have to work again, also i am only in my 40's, so life is good to me.

Apart from my outrageous behaviour, concerning my walk to the border every month (according to the  Immigration police i am not breaking any laws), i am harming nobody. I just wish these guys that do not even live in Thailand would stop preaching to me and others that do live here and do have stamps that allow us to live here. I do not care about what may happen in the future, if things change i will adapt, is there anybody that cannot grasp that?

Whining Westerners are endemic on this forum. Why?

Maybe if i was stuck in America, i would be bitter also.

HATE to agree with Jai di but he is in fact right, the regulations as they stand allow him to border run. He can go as many times as he wants, when or if Thailand changes the rules he says he will comply reluctantly??

Why do you HATE to agree with me, its just what i do, cos its what is required of me at this present time, or do you suggest i take a Plane to Zurich to get a visa when i dont have to do that?

Why do you assume i will comply reluctantly?

In fact i will carry on with 30 day chops as long as i can , and if changes occur then i will also comply with new regulations.

Jai di,

...and how long are you planning to stay in Thailand?

Until your money runs out?

It wont run out, i am in a good position, i have money and will never have to work again, also i am only in my 40's, so life is good to me.

Apart from my outrageous behaviour, concerning my walk to the border every month (according to the  Immigration police i am not breaking any laws), i am harming nobody. I just wish these guys that do not even live in Thailand would stop preaching to me and others that do live here and do have stamps that allow us to live here. I do not care about what may happen in the future, if things change i will adapt, is there anybody that cannot grasp that?

Whining Westerners are endemic on this forum. Why?

Maybe if i was stuck in America, i would be bitter also.

Jai di, you are lucky.

I agree that you are in Thailand in the way that suits you, maybe it does not suit some people that live 15000kms away, but i guess you wont be losing any sleep over that.

Maybe the guys that seem so opposed to 30 day stampers, went through the whole process of getting a visa (though i think many in this forum dont actually live in Thailand), thank your lucky stars that Dr patpong and Dave yo are not immigration officers. Good luck to you.

cheers

Sorry Ji Dee but I never meant to upset the apple cart, but you are exactly the kind of person that Thailand is trying to faze out. That doesn’t mean you are wrong, far from it. But you did say you wouldn’t like the new regulations, but you did say you would comply. YES or NO.? I assumed you would be reluctant, don’t kill me for that. I never saw anyone reply to the subject of TM card, it’s quite funny don’t you think?

I used to live and work in Songkhla, I made many runs until my company made my blue book. I know its so easy to make the runs over to Sadao, but many people on this forum cant understand your motives. Okay maybe you are in a situation that doesn’t allow you to make a Non O or B, that’s your business. I certainly wont throw any stones at you, but if you are why not just go for it? It can’t hurt? No attacks on you, that’s not my style mate. Good luck for your next 6 minutes; you must live very close to the border? Is your wife an immigration officer? Just pulling your leg.  :cool:

Good on ya JaiDi! Hearing you pulling Dave(This time I've really got to consider my plans)Yo's plonker is classic comedy. I'm sure you're best pals with the Immigration boys down there by now after 36 trips through their patch, so if anybody could have told you something was amiss, it would have been them.

you're on a roll............