Travel,stay and survive in thailand

Rinrada

:cool:

Chaps/Lassie..this site has shown that we have alot of well travelled,experienced and knowledgable individuals who travel.live and dare I say appreciate Thailand and everything it has to offer.May I be as so bold as to suggest that within this section I could ask for contributions on the most valuable thing that you can contribute (dont worry not your money) -experiences.

1.International Flights from UK-US-AUS/NZ or wherever..Airlines,Agents,Consolidators and of course PRICES.The good.bad and Ugly...or is it just me.

2.Local Flight inf> Phnom Penh,Singapore,KL,Hanoi,Udon RashinThani..again names prices etc.Last time I paid 8500B r/t to PP now I have a good local Co.in BK who can get me over for 5K.Bt.

3.Hotels..start with BK and Pat then poss C.Mai/Rai,Nong Kai,I used to know a guy up there with a guest house who used to do Visa stopovers (legal) but lost touch but I am sure others still know him.The Dusit and Oriential are both great but I hav"nt won the Lottery yet.

4.Restuarants,Social meeting places and Bars and not neccessary Pat Pong / Nana or Cowboy..eg The Londoner at 33,Suk.Dubliner..Wash Sq.even old Delanys now called She-Nags something??What ever hapened to my mates bar in Chaing Rai? ..(golden :o Think he went bust...never mind.

5.I live near Theparak (when in Town)and use the 116  Bus at 3-5 Baht a trip from Silom.but..I dont actually know where it goes or ends up at but would recon somewhere near the new airport site.Give it 3-4 or 10 years and thats where we will all mostly arrive at-and- or end up.

Ideas welcome..

• 3 weeks later...

Any one visiting Nong Khai might find it usefull to check out  

( www.danishbaker.dk ) web site. On the home page menu click on News in Nong Khai, then Nong Khai information. The bottom of that page will give you info on hotels and guest houses.

morgan :blues: