Air Ticket

basjke

Hi All,I have a question regarding a ticket to Europe.When I want to fly to my home country at present time I will be charged with china Airlines 45.000 baht,which is the equivalent of 1000 euro,for a return ticket.

However when I want to fly china from Europe to Thailand I will be charged only 600 euros for a return ticket.If I do a search I am sure I even can find cheaper tickets but from Thailand to Europe I can't really.

What I had in mind now was to order 2 return tickets Europe-Thailand at a price of 600 euro each is total 1200 euro.

From the first ticket I use only the second leg,Thailand-Europe.The second ticket I use for my return to thailand and the second leg of it I keep available for if I want to visit Europe again.

So for an extra 200 euro on the normal price of my ticket I have a return ticket with still a one way available for use at a later date.

My question now is,will the airliner allow me to use only the second leg from the first ticket?

I asked a similar question recently and was advised that if the outward (first) part of a return flight ticket isnt used the return (second part, and the one you allude to) portion becomes invalid.

How true this is i dont know, but thought i would just mention it.

Penkoprod

NO

Thanks for your reply but can you please explain the reason as I use only one way of the ticket but pay for both ways.I have no intention to use the first leg of the ticket afterwards.

Basically it's no because it's against the airline rules. They will not allow your return flight to become your outbound flight.

as far as i knew it was now posible to purchase your tickets anywhere in the world,hence you could purchase tickets in Britain that allowed you to fly from thailand.

Yes you can.......but they will still be proportionally higher than flying TO Thailand from Europe.

Possibly because of lousy exchange rates, possbly not, but thye ARE considerably dearer from Thailand

Penkoprod

as far as i knew it was now posible to purchase your tickets anywhere in the world,hence you could purchase tickets in Britain that allowed you to fly from thailand.

Yes you can.......but they will still be proportionally higher than flying TO Thailand from Europe.

Possibly because of lousy exchange rates, possbly not, but thye ARE considerably dearer from Thailand

Penkoprod

yes but if you buy your tickets online from Britain using a british bank card ,no exchange rate.

Penkoprod

yes but if you buy your tickets online from Britain using a british bank card ,no exchange rate.

Yes but it will STILL be more expensive going FROM Thailand than it is on same dates, same planes etc going TO Thailand. Whether the internet sites take the currency conversion into account or not isnt known. All i know is what i see

I know thats a bit of a generalisation, but try an experiment with your favourite flight booking website and see what i mean

Put LHR in the from string and BKK in the destination string for a list of availible fares. Then reverse the strings to see the prices both searches come up with. These will be in GBP

I know, cause i have tried it for a friend of mine and his wife who stayed on past their return date on their tickets

Penkoprod

Penkoprod

Yes but it will STILL be more expensive going FROM Thailand than it is on same dates, same planes etc going TO Thailand. Whether the internet sites take the currency conversion into account or not isnt known. All i know is what i see

I know thats a bit of a generalisation, but try an experiment with your favourite flight booking website and see what i mean

Put LHR in the from string and BKK in the destination string for a list of availible fares. Then reverse the strings to see the prices both searches come up with. These will be in GBP

I know, cause i have tried it for a friend of mine and his wife who stayed on past their return date on their tickets

Penkoprod

You are absolutely correct, and I don't think there's any way around it. A couple of years ago it was much cheaper to fly BKK/LHR than LHR/BKK with most airlines.

I think airlines base their prices on demand (less demand = lower price). Maybe prices from the UK to Thailand are lower due to less people wishing to travel here at present - just my guess.