Travel Insurance For Thais!

does anyone know he best place to get medical/travel insurance for traveling to the eu on a scengen visa.... as part of the visa requirement you must have insurance however i dont want to purchase it untill the visa is approved...

some one here always has the answers...

thanks is advance

Hi,

We had the same problem recently for an Aus visa. We gave up and took out worldwide (Aus gives worldwide) cover via STA travel (at world trade centre building (?) near a skytrain station in Bangkok, 6 month policy from expected date of travel, as covers in SE Asia as well. Policy and help cards were mostly in Thai, although certificate of insurance in both for visa pplication, and was accepted ok.

Would be good to hear any better suggestions though.

-thirdeyedmt-

If you go to a travel agency, where you get your booking confirmation for the flight dates-you need also for the Visa application,

there in these travelagencies who are online, the better equipped ones, you get also the right Insurance papers.

same Business Inn Travelagency in Sukhumvit Soi 11/1.

After you are sure that you get the visa, you pay such an Insurance, should be also Online immideately possible

and bring that confirmation to the embassy when you pick up the Passport.

Price, I forget, but I think 3-4000 Baht for a 90 day period.

You have to take the Gold programm insurance, this covers what the Schengen visa needs.