Corrupted News And Dead Bodies Without Clothes

Ga-gai

Just some reflections about Thai media and their reporting...

Three days ago my wife's 34 years old relative was killed/murdered by a 47 year old neighbor. They both knew each other well. It all started when they during this weekend daytime sat and drank alcohol together. Suddenly one word went wrong from may wife's relative and the other guy went mad of anger and started to put up a fight. Not very uncommon in both Thailand and in the rest of the world. Anyway... My wife's relative then grabbed an empty bottle and smashed it halfway to use as a weapon and then said to the other guy to calm down and take it easy. Then the fellowship parted and everyone went back to their houses. After my wife's relative got inside his house, he felt a little bit bad about what happened and decided to pay a visit to the angered neighbor and ask for forgiveness about what he earlier said that made the neighbor upset. Well there he said to the angered neighbor that he was sorry about what he had said asked for forgiveness. -Never! The neighbor shouted and then attacked him with a larger knife and stabbed his chest and stomach seventeen times. It was so bad that some of the intestines started to come out from the wounds. Needless to say that my wife's relative died pretty quick. And as if that wasn't enough... As the body laid on the ground totally mutilated and lifeless, the neighbor then started to pull the pants of the victims body. It appears (cultural tradition?) that when a killer is taking the clothes of his murdered victim, it is solely to disgrace the murdered person even more before the public or people that will find the body.

I remember from replies on Thaivisa news clippings (from Thai media), where there have been cases of murdered foreigners in Thailand... Some posters here wondered why, in almost all murder cases, the victim (farang) is found without clothes. So now you know the reason for that.

Anyway...

The incident was reported in the paper media press. But the story was totally different from what actually happened (there were around 5-6 witnesses that can confirm what I wrote above). As it appeared in the press, the story was changed to the opposite. -The neighbor were just defending himself from my wife's relative who instead where about to kill the neighbor. The fact that the murdered didn't have any weapon of any kind, is also not mentioned. As soon as my wife and the relatives of hers saw the news, they knew directly why the story was changed. The figured out that the reason probably was because the murderers sister is married to a policeman.

So, now you know why many (often westerners) murder victims are without clothes in the media pictures! In case you got burglars... cheat on your Thai wife... or marry a woman who only want's your insurance money... or don't need you after you have invested all your savings in properties that you don't own in your name... or... make your neighbor upset. Big chance that your naked body end up in the news.

Life is cheap. Just another day i Thailand...

Edited by Ga-gai

Was the neighbor a man or a woman?

Read the story again and ask that question, there are a few giveaway clues!

LOL............my bad........I skimmed the story & when I saw the end it sounded twisted. The guy did in fact break a bottle & use it as a threat yet no weapon on the other side was mentioned initially. Then the end result with the pants pulled down made me wonder.

Anyway........Ok I better read more thoroughly :o

Edited by flying

Ok...

The relatives called the newspaper and asked where they got this story from.

-From the local police! they replied.

So... Despite there actually were witnesses, the local police fabricated their own story and also said that there were no witnesses that saw the incident. The real story where my wife's relative where unarmed and stabbed 17 times, were changed into that the murderer where only defending himself from the victim. Nice example on corruption! Tomorrow the relatives will contact the local police and asked what they actually wrote in their report. Especially when the police actually wrote down witness reports when they arrived at the scene. Need to be investigated where those reports went. Looks like the conspiracy theory about the murderers sister is married to a policeman, seems to fit the reality.

If you one day end up on a picture in the press (Thairath etc) where you are dead, naked and accused to be the bad guy, you'll know that the murderer probably have a policeman or a politician in his family!

Edited by Ga-gai

My condolences to victim and family. It's a very sad story.

I think the moral of the story is wait until your sober and there's been some time between the events and the reconciliation.

It could be easy to misconstrue his action as going over to apologize and going over to settle a score.

Just some reflections about Thai media and their reporting...

Three days ago my wife's 34 years old relative was killed/murdered by a 47 year old neighbor. They both knew each other well. It all started when they during this weekend daytime sat and drank alcohol together. Suddenly one word went wrong from may wife's relative and the other guy went mad of anger and started to put up a fight. Not very uncommon in both Thailand and in the rest of the world. Anyway... My wife's relative then grabbed an empty bottle and smashed it halfway to use as a weapon and then said to the other guy to calm down and take it easy. Then the fellowship parted and everyone went back to their houses. After my wife's relative got inside his house, he felt a little bit bad about what happened and decided to pay a visit to the angered neighbor and ask for forgiveness about what he earlier said that made the neighbor upset. Well there he said to the angered neighbor that he was sorry about what he had said asked for forgiveness. -Never! The neighbor shouted and then attacked him with a larger knife and stabbed his chest and stomach seventeen times. It was so bad that some of the intestines started to come out from the wounds. Needless to say that my wife's relative died pretty quick. And as if that wasn't enough... As the body laid on the ground totally mutilated and lifeless, the neighbor then started to pull the pants of the victims body. It appears (cultural tradition?) that when a killer is taking the clothes of his murdered victim, it is solely to disgrace the murdered person even more before the public or people that will find the body.

I remember from replies on Thaivisa news clippings (from Thai media), where there have been cases of murdered foreigners in Thailand... Some posters here wondered why, in almost all murder cases, the victim (farang) is found without clothes. So now you know the reason for that.

Anyway...

The incident was reported in the paper media press. But the story was totally different from what actually happened (there were around 5-6 witnesses that can confirm what I wrote above). As it appeared in the press, the story was changed to the opposite. -The neighbor were just defending himself from my wife's relative who instead where about to kill the neighbor. The fact that the murdered didn't have any weapon of any kind, is also not mentioned. As soon as my wife and the relatives of hers saw the news, they knew directly why the story was changed. The figured out that the reason probably was because the murderers sister is married to a policeman.

So, now you know why many (often westerners) murder victims are without clothes in the media pictures! In case you got burglars... cheat on your Thai wife... or marry a woman who only want's your insurance money... or don't need you after you have invested all your savings in properties that you don't own in your name... or... make your neighbor upset. Big chance that your naked body end up in the news.

Life is cheap. Just another day i Thailand...

Amen, Satu, Omein, Inshallah, whatever