Internet Providers In Pinklao?

Meridian007

I'm sick of my ISP, I'm with True (TOT equivalent?) and I find it to be really slow. I spoke with people at the AIS offices in Central Pinklao, and they said that AIS internet is not available in my condo building! Aren't all the ISPs available in all of the condo buildings? I'm just down the street from their offices, so it's not that I'm too far away from a central distribution box.

Are there monopolies within specific buildings? Can anyone in a condo building in the area (Lumpini, Rattanakosin, etc) relate?

If your condo is near Central Pinklao, then I know of a very good Cable provider. You get cable TV and 2mbps internet for 500 Baht a month. I will be able to get the details for you over the weekend when I get back to Bangkok.

I'm sick of my ISP, I'm with True (TOT equivalent?) and I find it to be really slow. I spoke with people at the AIS offices in Central Pinklao, and they said that AIS internet is not available in my condo building! Aren't all the ISPs available in all of the condo buildings? I'm just down the street from their offices, so it's not that I'm too far away from a central distribution box.

Are there monopolies within specific buildings? Can anyone in a condo building in the area (Lumpini, Rattanakosin, etc) relate?

Be thankful you're not in my condo block in Pink lao - can only go through the office 1,200 per month for upgrade which is still slow slow slow

No internet before 8 am I constantly complained and they said it was my computer ! <deleted> but kept complaining and now its on but not before 6am

Reception level is rubbish at my desk next to the window so had to buy a new smaller desk and sit by the door - once again complained about reception - it was my computer - so condo loaned me an external usb dongle and that was worse - but then they said it didn't matter about reception levels and it was back to my computer ! i give up and will move when can be bothered..

If your condo is near Central Pinklao, then I know of a very good Cable provider. You get cable TV and 2mbps internet for 500 Baht a month. I will be able to get the details for you over the weekend when I get back to Bangkok.

Cool, thanks!

I agree Sanook2me, i used to live in an apartment building that sounds similar. Shared internet with a whole building sucks, that's why I'm glad to be in a condo now. I can choose my own!

Hey, I'm moving condo because I'm sick of internet speed and will have my own telephone line- which provider are you talking about as i have been given a promotion by buddy broadband but everyone on here is sayings it sucks.

help quickly as move in next week...

i,m still living in pink lao just changing condos

Hey, I'm moving condo because I'm sick of internet speed and will have my own telephone line- which provider are you talking about as i have been given a promotion by buddy broadband but everyone on here is sayings it sucks.

I think Norrad is talking about cable so you don't have to worry about your phone line, just don't choose a cable company yet. True (and TOT) are fine for phone service, I just don't like their internet speeds.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I just stole this from the T.V. poll, I wonder how I can find out which of these are available in Pinklao? I know TOT and True are available, and supposedly AIS does their internet in Pinklao through TOT, so what about the others?

Which internet service provider are you using at home?

TOT - TOT Public Company Limited

TT&T - Maxnet

True Internet - Asia Infonet Co., Ltd.

CAT - The Communication Authoity of Thailand

CS LOXINFO PLC

DTAC - Total Access Communication PLC.

AIS/One-2-call - Advanced Info Service PCL.

Buddy Broadband - Advance Datanetwork Communications

KSC - KSC Commercial Internet

Jasmine Internet Co, Ltd.

Pacnet - Pacnet Internet

Internet Thailand Company Limited

Hutch - Hutchison CAT Wireless Multimedia Ltd

I think Norrad is talking about cable so you don't have to worry about your phone line, just don't choose a cable company yet. True (and TOT) are fine for phone service, I just don't like their internet speeds.

I have True package 8mb(include true move gold and fix line) and its really 8mb, at peak times its slow down to 6 MB but never lower.

Btw good service and helpline; I live in pakkret in a condo.

Edited by henryalleman