Horrible Story - Thai Girl Studying In Germany - Pls Help Me

Dear all, my Thai girlfriend went 4 months ago to study in Nastatten, near Frankfurt. She has a distant relative (so-called auntie) married to a german, owner of a pump station, who signed the guarantee and got her a 1 year education visa. From the initial agreement i.e. she was there to study german, thing have developed into the following scenario:

1. she works 9 hours/day at the gas station, treated worse than the labours; no salary;

2. allowed to go to study 2 hours in the evening at the free school for immigrants, instead of the proper school agreed upon before;

3. 3 weeks ago she felt sick; the doctor said she had some sort of benign tumor and must remove one ovary; the operation was 4500 EUR, the guy asked for all her money and got 2000 EUR; he put the other 2500 EUR; as far as I know, who signs the guarantee is fully responsible for whatever happens to the Thai he invites, including medical expenses;

4. post operation time: doctor said she must rest 10 days at home, the bastard required her to go to work, but allowed her not to move heavy loads as usual. Obviously she started to bleed, as she can barely walk, and in great pain, but both auntie and the guy said it's normal she bleeds. I'd like to make them bleed too...

As she has a flight back home on May 22, she's complying to all this because she's afraid he won't let her go and cancel it, as he bought it and she hasn't even seen the ticket. I'm going mad with worrying but don't know exactly what is the best course of action. Her family here doesn't know about the all thing. I'm ready to send her a ticket and money, but she seems scared and prefers to go through this. I want to call the bastard at the gas station but I'm afraid to create a mess and make thing worse. Any advice from you guys? Is there any hot line or lawyer office or whatever for this kind of situations, for Thai in deep shit abroad, so I can somehow scare the guy and make him reason, in case he fobs me off?

I'm going mad, I'm so worried. Thank you for your attention.

If it were me I'd get on a plane myself and go over there to 'sort' it out. Tickets are cheap as chips these days as well thus makes it pretty feasible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly my thoughts too momosan----so Lusty-- if you care as much as you say you do---get going--and keep us posted----

Bucko

Sounds like a scum bag, though I am surprised she didn't have medical insurance.

You are obviously concerned so the suggestion that you go there seems sensible and probably the way forward.

In the meantime it might be wise for her to try and get to The Thai Consulate in Frankfurt, http://www.thaigeneralkonsulat.de/th/index.html or even the police who I'm sure would be far more helpful than the wonderful Boys In Brown here.

oh dear!!!

well the first impulse i got when reading that (because im jaded after 6 years of bangkok life) : is the story she is giving you true?

or is it just another farang shake down to get extra funds sent over from the gullible and concerned jai dee overseas partner, when in fact she is staying with a guy in a nice big house and living a luxury without working an ounce of sweat.

i appologize for being so mis trusting, but this is nothing new here and i hear the horror stories everyday from real people because the stories are just so well thought out and convincing. We oftne have a chuckle at how amazingly creative they are...

However,

Perhaps you have proof and it is a completely true story, so i guess in that case trusting that it is - but excercise some caution in the process...

The fact that she travelled to germany without enough funds to pay her ticket back was not a great idea in my opinion, infact quite insane!

But if it really is playing on your heart strings - then make a suprise visit and find out for yourself...

Then whisk her away for a romantic trip and make the most out of the traumatic event!

or send her some escape money

or go the legal route via the embassies, and police protection etc... (although personally i doubt she would trust to do that nor have the courage - beurocracy and rights dont come into a Thais mind set whatsoever)

She must have some kind of medicval insurence, otherwise I doubt she would be allowed entry into the schengen area.

As has been pointed out, German police will act very swiftly and there will be NGO's who help people in cases like this. Why not ask the German embassy in Thailand for information what can be done or to whom she can turn to for help.

Dear all, my Thai girlfriend went 4 months ago to study in Nastatten, near Frankfurt. She has a distant relative (so-called auntie) married to a german, owner of a pump station, who signed the guarantee and got her a 1 year education visa. From the initial agreement i.e. she was there to study german, thing have developed into the following scenario:

1. she works 9 hours/day at the gas station, treated worse than the labours; no salary;

2. allowed to go to study 2 hours in the evening at the free school for immigrants, instead of the proper school agreed upon before;

3. 3 weeks ago she felt sick; the doctor said she had some sort of benign tumor and must remove one ovary; the operation was 4500 EUR, the guy asked for all her money and got 2000 EUR; he put the other 2500 EUR; as far as I know, who signs the guarantee is fully responsible for whatever happens to the Thai he invites, including medical expenses;

4. post operation time: doctor said she must rest 10 days at home, the bastard required her to go to work, but allowed her not to move heavy loads as usual. Obviously she started to bleed, as she can barely walk, and in great pain, but both auntie and the guy said it's normal she bleeds. I'd like to make them bleed too...

As she has a flight back home on May 22, she's complying to all this because she's afraid he won't let her go and cancel it, as he bought it and she hasn't even seen the ticket. I'm going mad with worrying but don't know exactly what is the best course of action. Her family here doesn't know about the all thing. I'm ready to send her a ticket and money, but she seems scared and prefers to go through this. I want to call the bastard at the gas station but I'm afraid to create a mess and make thing worse. Any advice from you guys? Is there any hot line or lawyer office or whatever for this kind of situations, for Thai in deep shit abroad, so I can somehow scare the guy and make him reason, in case he fobs me off?

My Thai husband Thanit, is going to apply for a PR Visa to Canada next week. I am here with him in Thailand, we are very young, 20, and 22 but very in love. We were married earlier this year. I want Thanit to come to Canada, and stay with my family, and work, while I attend university. We plan to come back to Thailand in 5 years, and stay, me working as a teacher.

Anybody have any good tips? The embassy told me it is do able, just send in a PERFECT application. I am a bit worried because of my age and income, but with my Dad's support the embassy says it is do able.

Anything is help!

Lusty, after reading your 23 posts, I'm a little confused.

Are you a western male living in Thailand with a girlfriend in Germany, or a female with a Thai husband applying for PR in Canada??

Your age, work, visa and family situation seem a little unclear as well.

Can you explain?

I agree.

If I knew someone was abusing the one of loved I would be raving, snarling and making serious threats down the phone and then I would be on the plane. I am not sure what context of 'girlfriend' she is to you...but if someone was treating my wife this way (who started as my girlfriend) I would risk and life and limb to make sure she was safe and ok again. But then again I would not be happy for her to going off to another land to stay with people whom I don't know and therefore cannot trust. I am a control freak yes, but I am also responsible for caring and looking after those I love.

Why the 'bleep' are you messing around asking for advice on the internet - go there now man, if not call the police or the embassy for christs sake!

I agree.

If I knew someone was abusing the one of loved I would be raving, snarling and making serious threats down the phone and then I would be on the plane. I am not sure what context of 'girlfriend' she is to you...but if someone was treating my wife this way (who started as my girlfriend) I would risk and life and limb to make sure she was safe and ok again. But then again I would not be happy for her to going off to another land to stay with people whom I don't know and therefore cannot trust. I am a control freak yes, but I am also responsible for caring and looking after those I love.

Why the 'bleep' are you messing around asking for advice on the internet - go there now man, if not call the police or the embassy for christs sake!

usual course of action for someone being intimidated and held against there will, would be to call the police...if your friend is afraid to, let me know her whereabouts and i will. if he is holding her passport, that is evidence enough.

Yes indeed...

I used to be full of trust and optimism... That was before i set foot in Thailand!

Now i mistrust everything unless im dam_n sure....

Its a sad existence but so many get burnt without these skills

ofcourse if you like to get burnt - keep buring!

Perhaps you are one of the deviants planning this on a boyfriend and testing the waters?

I have known many socialpaths in my time, and dated a lot too... Infact i probably am one now,,,

tread carefully dudes

My Thai husband Thanit, is going to apply for a PR Visa to Canada next week. I am here with him in Thailand, we are very young, 20, and 22 but very in love. We were married earlier this year. I want Thanit to come to Canada, and stay with my family, and work, while I attend university. We plan to come back to Thailand in 5 years, and stay, me working as a teacher.

Anybody have any good tips? The embassy told me it is do able, just send in a PERFECT application. I am a bit worried because of my age and income, but with my Dad's support the embassy says it is do able.

Anything is help!

Lusty, after reading your 23 posts, I'm a little confused.

Are you a western male living in Thailand with a girlfriend in Germany, or a female with a Thai husband applying for PR in Canada??

Your age, work, visa and family situation seem a little unclear as well.

Can you explain?

Or a man about to open a petrol station up north, or a guy running an export business in Pattaya, or just a troll wasting people's time.

Before coming to a European country, be it student or family reunification, you MUST have medical insurance, otherwise you w'ont get a visa. I have prepared applications for both, for people coming to Ireland.

Also the immigrant school story is probably not true, they are unlikely to accept people with student visas.

Would make a good film though.

1. She must have some kind of medicval insurence, otherwise I doubt she would be allowed entry into the schengen area.

2. As has been pointed out, German police will act very swiftly and there will be NGO's who help people in cases like this. Why not ask the German embassy in Thailand for information what can be done or to whom she can turn to for help.

1. not necessary if there is a guarantor.

2. local police is the way to go.

in charge of 56355 Nastätten:

Polizeiinspektion

Bahnhofstr.12

D56346 St. Goarshausen

phones: +49 6771 9327-0

+49 6771 9327-100

mail: [email protected]

use simple english! police will take necessary steps to liaise with "Ausländerbehörde" located in Bad Ems and most probably charge owner of gas station with violation of labour laws as the girl with a study visa is not allowed to work. all of course based on the assumption that the allegations are true.

Before coming to a European country, be it student or family reunification, you MUST have medical insurance, otherwise you w'ont get a visa.

that does not apply to Germany if there is a local guarantor who can prove a certain minimum financial capability.