george

there are only about 10,000 red shirts most of the time other than the first day, and a mere 2,000 of them completely rooted the conference in Pattaya.

Abhisit himself said yesterday that there were around 50,000. And we all know he underestimates it greatly.

Then this morning he said "the government would rush to ease the tensions."

Ease tensions? By shooting with live ammunition at protesters?

This is turning into a people's revolution, and Abhisit is on the losing end. He's gone.

Rainman, you really are an ar5e and your only redeeming feature is consistancy.

This is nothing like a people's revolution. As with PAD, it is a limited representaion of one section of Thai society. Despite Taksin's attempts to fuel such a revolution it is falling flat on it's face.

Whilst I was critical of Abhisit for failing to secure the Asean conference I have a feeling that he is starting to come out with more credibility as time goes on. The balance between restraint and restoration of order is a difficult one and the authorities seem to getting the balance about right.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they come to CM, I hope the army will be there and maybe will use gun...

After 10 or 20 (or 50?) deads, maybe people will be less crazy !

So you hope people will die? I 'hope' a stray bullet comes your way then.

People like you should go back to where you originated from.

people taking their time to give posts like this should be given a warning or banned .

I understand people get heated up with all the turmoil running , but its really disturbing

to read such comments and says alot about the poster posting .............

I agree entirely. When I read phanu's post I assumed he was Thai, same thought about Koo. My reason being that the Thais think, and post, with greater passion and feeling. Farangs will pontificate (I include myself) whereas some Thais give the impression that they would be 'happy' to see a few rebels killed for bringing this upon their country.

Which means that you too are completely incapable of reading the sense of my response to the OP, one of clear disgust at the sentiment, and which warranted a reply - in inverted commas to make it obvious I did not intend it literally - along the lines of my post.

Edited by wedders

There is not mistake on Al Jazeeras pictures. Soldiers fireing directly ahead, not in the air. Thats what happen when you give soldiers live ammunition. Even if ordered to fire in the air, SOME will fire at targets if stressed enough.

there are only about 10,000 red shirts most of the time other than the first day, and a mere 2,000 of them completely rooted the conference in Pattaya.

Abhisit himself said yesterday that there were around 50,000. And we all know he underestimates it greatly.

This is turning into a people's revolution, and Abhisit is on the losing end. He's gone.

Gone? Maybe. Unless you have some sort of crystal ball, wait and see.

I personally beleve a democracy works only in a high educated country, like in Europe US or Australia, etc. In third world countries is better to be in dictatorship, because peaple aren't educated enought to understand politics and economics. I'm not here to critisize reds or yellows, as is not my right or country either, but demonstrations and protesters not solve the problem in both ways, doesn't matter who they are. It just f..ks up the economy and the tourists will not come either, not to mention the global bad situation we have anyway allready. Most of the bargirls and taxidrivers are on red side, but they don't understand that they will not get any income for the next maybe 6 months. Many Protesters are greedy and care only about their daily 1000 Baht they get during a demonstration. Protesters shotting them self in the feet as they gonna lose Jobs and income, therefore democracy not really work. Just a classic example. Paraguay is a military regime for decades and it works fine. Another thing, i'm not a fan of Saddams Regime, but Saddam had his country totally under control. When the Americans came and try to create a democracy in Irak, the troubles started and still not finished yet.

.. and in order to keep the uneducated people silent, never ever improve the education system. Make a good education available only for the rich who can afford the cost and then go on ruling the country. While the poor uneducated will always be deprived of freedom, democracy and human rights.

Way to go, pal! :o

might as well go out with a bang

his legacy will be that he tried and failed whereas most do not even try........

There is not mistake on Al Jazeeras pictures. Soldiers fireing directly ahead, not in the air. Thats what happen when you give soldiers live ammunition. Even if ordered to fire in the air, SOME will fire at targets if stressed enough.

Also works extremely well with blanks. Will certainly get the desired reaction. RUN AWAY :o

Gone? Hardly. Even with multiple deaths he can still tell the world on television that noone is killed and everything is under control. He might be able to sit with no oposition for another 3 years. After seeing to what lengths they are willing to go I very much doubt that election will be anything but a farse.

I personally beleve a democracy works only in a high educated country, like in Europe US or Australia, etc. In third world countries is better to be in dictatorship, because peaple aren't educated enought to understand politics and economics. I'm not here to critisize reds or yellows, as is not my right or country either, but demonstrations and protesters not solve the problem in both ways, doesn't matter who they are. It just f..ks up the economy and the tourists will not come either, not to mention the global bad situation we have anyway allready. Most of the bargirls and taxidrivers are on red side, but they don't understand that they will not get any income for the next maybe 6 months. Many Protesters are greedy and care only about their daily 1000 Baht they get during a demonstration. Protesters shotting them self in the feet as they gonna lose Jobs and income, therefore democracy not really work. Just a classic example. Paraguay is a military regime for decades and it works fine. Another thing, i'm not a fan of Saddams Regime, but Saddam had his country totally under control. When the Americans came and try to create a democracy in Irak, the troubles started and still not finished yet.

.. and in order to keep the uneducated people silent, never ever improve the education system. Make a good education available only for the rich who can afford the cost and then go on ruling the country. While the poor uneducated will always be deprived of freedom, democracy and human rights.

what "good education" system? (sorry the devil made me say it)

Also works extremely well with blanks. Will certainly get the desired reaction. RUN AWAY :o

There have been no pictures of blanks issued to soldiers. And blanks dont make bulletholes in taxis. Sorry, but what you see here is a government escalating the situation far beyond what you will ever see in a western country. This is pictures from a banana republic.

A somewhat autistic view

This is my first posting ever. I am in business here in Thailand for over 7 years and live in the north with my wife and soon 3 children. The first thing I would do if I was in charge is to revoke the passport of Taksin, and notify all embassies to not honor his passport to bring him home to face criminal charges. I would also confiscate all frozen assets known to belong to Taksin or controlled by him in relatives names, and reimbuse Thailand for the damages he has inflicted by inciting civil unrest, and the remaining to the Thai citizens who have lost their jobs and businesses caused by Taksin damaging the economy. There is only one way to kill a snake, and that is to cut its head off, and you can read into that as you wish. There is a rule of law in Thailand, and a process to make changes, and that process must be respected and restored and not manipulated by a billionaire employing thugs which many were also the same ones wearing yellow shirts I suspect. These factions are killing Thailand financially speaking, and they do not care if a few innocent people die in the process, so why should the police and military care if a few of these animals also die to make a point.

The army has not learned it lessons. You cannot win an uprising. Neither in the South, neither in Bangkok, neither in the North or North East. The army is big and slow, therefore the protestors can move quickly and strike wherever they want. if they want to disrupt the daily live they can do so. The army clear one crossing they take 4 crossings, when the army moves in, they move out, regroup and take new targets, huge armies have lost that way. There is not other solution than striking a deal which is acceptable for each and everyone.

I wouldn’t call this an uprising. It is just bunch of clones making life difficult for. They will stop as soon as the money coming to them runs out

Gone? Maybe. Unless you have some sort of crystal ball, wait and see.

I don't think it is a question... He will be gone, the real question is who will replace him (A DEM, A THAKSIN SUPPORTER, THE ARMY??)

We talk about the situation now. to set up a good education system and educate a generation, it takes at least 10 years. If the goverment not use power, so anybody can be a anarchist and do what he want. Democracy and protests doen't match together. What they do is Anarchy, not democracy. Democracy must be legal voting, and Abishit was legally voted by the parlament. So this is democracy! And if some parties and volks don't like him, they have to make, it calls, a referendum and organize a new vote by the citizens. This would be democracy, not creating troubles.

Whilst the poor people of Thailand are being asked to potentially spill their blood, he can use his billions to live in the lap of luxury, and absolute safety, several thousand miles away.

quoted

I think it's quite normal for leaders not to put their butts on the line in a conflict. I haven't seen Abhisit out on the streets with the soldiers he's asked to fight.

The army has not learned it lessons. You cannot win an uprising. Neither in the South, neither in Bangkok, neither in the North or North East. The army is big and slow, therefore the protestors can move quickly and strike wherever they want. if they want to disrupt the daily live they can do so. The army clear one crossing they take 4 crossings, when the army moves in, they move out, regroup and take new targets, huge armies have lost that way. There is not other solution than striking a deal which is acceptable for each and everyone.

However, at last a show of strength from a government supposed to be in place for the people. Do you want wishy washy non action or should these people be shown that there IS a law. Seems we complain about No action then complain about the action when it arrives and as to how we could all 'do a better job" We are guests...... observe by all means but armchair pontificators are no help!

yesterday, they had no problem completely preventing people from going home etc, and they will and do physically intimidate motorists trying to merely go about their business - I personally was threatened yesterday, apparently me trying to go home is in some way a massive afforont to some fight for democracy.

Since basically by the looks of them these are not exactly a highly educated group, few probably actually pay tax, few seem that they are in gainful employment and a fair few seem to think they can break the law, well then they must be prepared to deal with the consequences.

This force is justified, and probably what should ahve been done at the airport; by letting the yellow shirts get away with stuff, now the red shirts have gone even further; what we saw on the news shows they are thugs and therefore deserve to be treated with the respect that a foot ball thugs gets.

For 500 baht daily, anyone unemployed Thai would do anything.

However, at last a show of strength from a government supposed to be in place for the people. Do you want wishy washy non action or should these people be shown that there IS a law. Seems we complain about No action then complain about the action when it arrives and as to how we could all 'do a better job" We are guests...... observe by all means but armchair pontificators are no help!

What a logical and good response. Seems it doesn't need to be said, but obviously...........

Logic response ... ( you cannot argue with common sense )

Agreed ..... The Red shirts have shown complete disrespect for the law and therefore should be held accountable.

You can have a peacefull protest to get your point accross... but they had no intention of a peacefull protest ....

I was watching Aljazara TV this morning and the head huncho was just making excuse after excuse when asked why the government car was attacked ... why was the government building siezed .... he said the protesters were enraged ... Well if they are so enraged why not go home and tip a cold bucket of water over there heads to cool down....

These guys are breaking the law .. they deserve the punishment...good on the army for taking action against these protesters.

Also, I blame Taksin as part of the problem as he is enticing them to cause mayhem and revolt... he should be extradited and charged accordingly... Thats what happens in a democratic society...

IMO..

Excuse me... but Thaksin is not part of the problem... he IS the problem! None of this would have ever taken place if he'd paid his taxes. He got caught with his pants down and was run out of office. Now he wants his stolen assets back. Sorry A-hole, crooks who get caught don't get their booty back. They get "hard time". Stop destroying the country because you got caught. Come back and take your punishment like a man instead of crying like the baby that you are. And tell all of your brainwashed/duped lackeys to go back to their farms and sheds and get a life. They're only hurting themselves and everyone else in this country for the sake of a lunatic madman.

Rainman, you really are an ar5e and your only redeeming feature is consistancy.

So in your opinion, if someone doesn't have the same opinion as you, he's an arse?

Wow, what a way to look at the world every day. :D

Lol you are the most entertaining poster on the forums. Arent you the same idiot during the pad riots saying all those mindless monkeys who are acting like terrorist deserve to die. The same rainman who would insult anyone that disagreed with your political views. Please keep your comments coming. Gives me a good laugh to hear ***no flaming--sbk**

Advocating violence against anyone that holds a different view than you, cause you are such an expert on thai politics! :o

Now crying and complaining at the use of force against your red shirted unarmed civilians :D

the baht is a powerful tool,thaksin pulling the strings from abroad,nice.many people will surely die and it will start all over again.nice.los+loh(land of hurt)

Certainly is, has fallen a massive 7 satang against the USD these past few hours if Bloomberg TV is to be believed!

If they come to CM, I hope the army will be there and maybe will use gun...

After 10 or 20 (or 50?) deads, maybe people will be less crazy !

So you hope people will die? I 'hope' a stray bullet comes your way then.

People like you should go back to where you originated from.

people taking their time to give posts like this should be given a warning or banned .

I understand people get heated up with all the turmoil running , but its really disturbing

to read such comments and says alot about the poster posting .............

That's crazy, I posted my response precisely because of the outrageous nature of the original comment, and deliberately quoted 'hope' in throwing it back at him to show how unpleasant it sounded in the first place.

Some people haven't got the sense to read between the lines, it seems.

If posts seriously offend, just use the report button and explain your feelings to the mod. No need to argue about it here.

Lol you are the most entertaining poster on the forums. Arent you the same idiot during the pad riots saying all those mindless monkeys who are acting like terrorist deserve to die. The same rainman who would insult anyone that disagreed with your political views. Please keep your comments coming. Gives me a good laugh to hear a racist DOUCHE bag like your self making a ass of himself.

Advocating violence against anyone that holds a different view than you, cause you are such an expert on thai politics! :o

Now crying and complaining at the use of force against your red shirted unarmed civilians :D

You're doing the same thing right now, aren't you? Calling others who don't share your views racist (?!!) douche bags, idiots, asses, etc.

So you're a racist douche bag, idiot and ass too? Or does that only apply to others?

Where are the water cannons?

Left home to avoid confusion w :D ith the Songkran water canons... :D:o

Really beggars belief that people are still celebrating Songkran seriously (judging from all the water pelting I've just witnessed at first hand) when the nation is being torn apart.......

Whilst the poor people of Thailand are being asked to potentially spill their blood, he can use his billions to live in the lap of luxury, and absolute safety, several thousand miles away.

quoted

I think it's quite normal for leaders not to put their butts on the line in a conflict. I haven't seen Abhisit out on the streets with the soldiers he's asked to fight.

but he is physically in Thailand and his family are also here while the red shirts went around to their houses.

A far cry from the Shinawatra family who you profess to admire so much....

The red shirts seemed to have no problems in trying to intimidate people that have nothing to do with the issue (e.g. me driving home).

I have no problem with people protesting, but the yellow shirts occupation of the airport was unacceptable. I don't see why this is any different or better; the minor difference is a few more people, but certainly (in Lard Prao yesterday) we were seeing a crowd of about 1-2,000 people, none from anywhere in the area, blockading and ruining the lives of the people who actually live there....for what? For disrupt traffic and annoy?

If they want to protest, why can't they do it in Ubon or wherever the f&*(k they are from, instead of coming into our neighbourhood and trashing the place? As far as I could tell last night, no one in BKK wears red or would dare to alone; because the red shirts are basically disliked; their only safety is in a mob.

And is this what is called a popular uprising? When most of the population aren't involved, don't seem to like the group? It is like the yellow shirts all over again.

To claim these people have any mandate or claim they are justified in running amok like this...again..... people engage brain and think objectively.... can you in any way justify this?

Firring live rounds in the air is dangerous also ,live bullets that goes in the air will surely come down, and if it hits someone in the head it is deadly , so whenever you hear heavy gunshots try to take cover under a roof.

They experimented with this on mythbusters (Discovery Channel) ...... it isn't as deadly as one may think

<br />I personally beleve a democracy works only in a high educated country, like in Europe US or Australia, etc. In third world countries is better to be in dictatorship, because peaple aren't educated enought to understand politics and economics.
<br /><br /><br />

huh. I rather suspect that many of the uneducated country bumpkins understand politics far better than many educated whitefolk. For example, how many educated economists believe in trickle down economics! Education does not typically teach people to think critically. Isaan have a legitimate cause to support Thaksin. Even though he has dome some shady, corrupt things, the health care and the microlending program have truly helped poor, rural Thailand in ways that nobody before even thought possible. And its not like the Democrats have done much better - they were blamed for the '97 crash, and have plenty of skeletons in their closet, too.

Then you have all the educated genuises (geneii?) in the US that supported Bush for 8 years. Gotta be the result of those college edumacations.

Disclaimer: I'm no Thaksin supporter - I think he's extremely clever - his programs have garnered him ardent support that he has been translating into big bucks. Doesn't mean that people are stupid for supporting him. A lot of people actually come out ahead with him.