Flame Of The Forest

drtreelove

Hahng Nok Yueng (Tail of the Peacock) are in bloom, I'm sure you've noticed. This is the biggest one that I've seen here (Mae Rim district). If anyone has seen a larger specimen here please let me know.

Delonix regia, 'royal poinciana' in Hawaii, or 'flamboyant' tree. Flame of the forest is another common name. Native to Madagaskar.

post-74166-1241008942_thumb.jpg

Awesome

Hahng Nok Yueng (Tail of the Peacock) are in bloom, I'm sure you've noticed. This is the biggest one that I've seen here (Mae Rim district). If anyone has seen a larger specimen here please let me know.

Delonix regia, 'royal poinciana' in Hawaii, or 'flamboyant' tree. Flame of the forest is another common name. Native to Madagaskar.

Isn't this the Delonix that comes with yellow, orange, gold(rare) or red flowers?

Grows fast. If I have the right tree in mind, there are larger ones around.

Isn't the Flame tree the one that is totally red and sheds most of its leaves when it comes into flower - as in on riverbank near Riverside rest.??

Then there is the other kind of tree (tail of the peacock?) that has either orangy red or pink or yellow blooms but flowers with leaves present and is generally a smaller tree.

Someone help me out, can't find the tree book!

Isn't the Flame tree the one that is totally red and sheds most of its leaves when it comes into flower - as in on riverbank near Riverside rest.??

Then there is the other kind of tree (tail of the peacock?) that has either orangy red or pink or yellow blooms but flowers with leaves present and is generally a smaller tree.

Someone help me out, can't find the tree book!

Is this what you are referring to? In front of my house:

post-566-1241057666_thumb.jpg

From this topic

Nope, that's a frangipani.

The 2 types of tree I mean look very similar but the Flame tree sheds pretty much all its leaves before flowering and is a bright red and gets to grow into a very large tree.

The other tree (maybe peacock tail not sure) is a smaller tree and doesn't shed its leaves comes in 3 colours (that I have seen) but looks quite similar to a flame tree. Very small leaves and fairly similar flowers.