Curtains With Blackout

missy1827

Hi,

I am looking for a store in Bangkok that makes curtains with blackout for reasonable price. I have been to Mr. Curtain and Home Pro (not very helpful), but their prices are just absurd. (32.000 baht for 2 windows... is this normal or farang price?)

Any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Edited by missy1827

You might be better off dealing with a curtain and blind company. I know in Pattaya, my friend had his entire house done with blackouts, including 3 sliding glass doors, for 16k baht. Will try and get the number for them and see if they can refer a BKK company, of if they will do work in BKK for you. He gets back into town in 2 days, hopefully thats not too much of a wait for you.

I know I had the same problem myself, and found the prices to be insane at HomePro. I ended up going to a street market in Pattaya, and found my 2 blackout curtains for 380Baht for the pair for my slider.

You might be better off dealing with a curtain and blind company. I know in Pattaya, my friend had his entire house done with blackouts, including 3 sliding glass doors, for 16k baht. Will try and get the number for them and see if they can refer a BKK company, of if they will do work in BKK for you. He gets back into town in 2 days, hopefully thats not too much of a wait for you.

I know I had the same problem myself, and found the prices to be insane at HomePro. I ended up going to a street market in Pattaya, and found my 2 blackout curtains for 380Baht for the pair for my slider.

Hi

I know I'm a long way from BKK, but just for a comparason, I have had fitted IMO beautiful pleated/weighted curtains with removable black-outs fitted in my house for around 2,000baht per window (fitted, inc Tie-backs). This price did NOT include rails, as these were replacement items.

Sure, I know you should expect BKK prices but for that price,It did the whole of my house at a very good standard too.

Dave

The #1 manufacturer of curtains and blinds in Thailand is

http://www.kaceecurtain.com/KC/eng/default.asp

They are sold direct, through some larger building materials stores all over Thailand and often through independent sales representatives, even local window glass companies. We bought this brand of black out curtains form a Buriram "dealer" who does windows, screens, doors, etc.. Last year at the Architect Expo in Bangkok Kacee Curtain had a huge booth.

In our case the local dealer came to our home, did measurements, got a 30% deposit, and in about one week the curtains arrived. It took real time to properly install the curtains, and two out of fifty had some sort of defect. He sent those back and in about a week returned to install the replacement curtains.

The blackout "sewn" onto the back of the curtain (could be cloth, bamboo, etc.) worked better to cut light than having a separate black out curtain. We selected the "silver" black out curtain, not black, and it seems to work fine.

I had already been to Home Pro and Home Works, so the pricing from the Kacee Curtain dealer was refreshing and affordable.

There are other curtain companies advertised in the 90 baht Thai magazines such as "Room" and "Home & Decor".

Kacee Curtain has some very slick company showrooms where you can see the products in a home situation.

http://www.kaceecurtain.com/KC/eng/company_profile.asp

• Like 1

Prices including installation: I paid 1019 baht to 1185 baht for the smaller windows, and 1710 to 2265 for larger window curtains from the Kacee curtain dealer. There are five items on the invoice in Thai for each curtain including the mounting hardware and labor.

• Like 1

I am looking for a store in Bangkok that makes curtains with blackout for reasonable price. I have been to Mr. Curtain and Home Pro (not very helpful), but their prices are just absurd. (32.000 baht for 2 windows... is this normal or farang price?)

Why would it be "farang price?

Of course it is normal, could even be lower end, considering that HomePro is not a boutique design shop. You may have picked something that is expensive always and everywhere.

For the same quality, railing + fitting for a 2 BR condo we found 3 shops to be competitive. There is quite a bit involved, 2 people come to inspect and take measures for 1 hour and then order curtains + 2 hours for fitting 1 week later.

My curtains are 2 layered : aluminium-like curtain that faces the sun + good quality heavy curtains inside that are looked at all day. That was 32K baht.

(Thai wife did all the talk with HomePro).

In Chiang Mai, I went to a fabric store and found the silver coloured UV blackout material for 75 baht per metre. I then purchased a couple of rolls of velcro and took everything plus the existing curtains in my rented furnished apartment and had

permanent black out liners for less than 500 baht for a 10 foot wide window. I had a price from a curtain shop to do the same thing at over 3000 baht.

It shows one that by doing a little bit of leg work, one can save a lot of money, just like in the west.

In Chiang Mai, I went to a fabric store and found the silver coloured UV blackout material for 75 baht per metre. I then purchased a couple of rolls of velcro and took everything plus the existing curtains in my rented furnished apartment and had

permanent black out liners for less than 500 baht for a 10 foot wide window. I had a price from a curtain shop to do the same thing at over 3000 baht.

It shows one that by doing a little bit of leg work, one can save a lot of money, just like in the west.

I would have done the same if I needed curtains for a rented condo that may have to be abandoned, discarded or never fit another place.

For my own place the curtains stay probably for decades.

Hi,

Thanks very much for info.

Would very much appreciate if you could forward me the number or a company similar to the one in Pattaya. No rush though, been looking around for a while. Gets just too dam_n hot lately. Can't believe it's such a struggle though, thought it would be much easier. (Thought I was the only one finding the prices insane, glad to get some feedback on that.)

Thanks again. :)

Prices including installation: I paid 1019 baht to 1185 baht for the smaller windows, and 1710 to 2265 for larger window curtains from the Kacee curtain dealer. There are five items on the invoice in Thai for each curtain including the mounting hardware and labor.

Hi,

Thanks very much for info. Will check it out. :) Huge price difference...

Hi,

Don't mind the legwork, just need to know fabric stores here in Bangkok that I can check out. Too hot just to wonder around the city. Do you know of any stores where they have the silver UV blackout? Have yet to find one...

Thanks.

Just checked their website, thanks again. Looks very good.

Their map is in Thai though, could you give me indication where it is?

Live near Sukhumvit area.

Thanks.

Perhaps you could phone them. I live Up Country and we used a local dealer who ordered them from this Kacee Company in Bangkok. It seems to me they have showrooms in Bangkok set up as a home where you can see them mounted in a realistic situation. Maybe on Sukhumvit 26 is one of the Bangkok locations. Best to call and speak with them directly. Something is on the web site about four houses, four styles of showrooms. They and other curtain companies might be at the very large Architect Expo at Challenger hall of Impact this week until Sunday.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...