Not One Live Bullet Fired During Songkran Riots -

aussimike

Well - as an open minded person I am some what bemused to read in the papers in Bkk today that the top military brass have come out again and stated that during the military operation against the red shirt protesters over the songkran holiday that not one soldier fired ONE LIVE BULLET at the protesters - and only officers were carrying pistols will live rounds to protect the generals overseeing the operation --- well one has to believe what they are told i guess and so if the military say that they didnt fire = well i guess they didnt - but then again I still believe in the toothfairy - santaclaus and always read the wizard of oz before i go to bed -- and accept without question what i am told in the LOS = like the other 65 million here - i guess that the BBC reporters got it wrong when they said that the army was using live rounds and from what i saw on tv over this period it did sure look to me that live rounds -- yes these are the ones with the sharp pointy thing on the end of the bullet = not the plastic or crimped blank variety - were being loaded into mazagines and shot directly at the protesters - if the army did not want this to get out they should have banned foreign reporters and their cameras -- but like a good fellow i will go on accepting what is fed to us by the power behind the govt-- why not - they never lie -- ?????

Well - as an open minded person I am some what bemused to read in the papers in Bkk today that the top military brass have come out again and stated that during the military operation against the red shirt protesters over the songkran holiday that not one soldier fired ONE LIVE BULLET at the protesters - and only officers were carrying pistols will live rounds to protect the generals overseeing the operation --- well one has to believe what they are told i guess and so if the military say that they didnt fire = well i guess they didnt - but then again I still believe in the toothfairy - santaclaus and always read the wizard of oz before i go to bed -- and accept without question what i am told in the LOS = like the other 65 million here - i guess that the BBC reporters got it wrong when they said that the army was using live rounds and from what i saw on tv over this period it did sure look to me that live rounds -- yes these are the ones with the sharp pointy thing on the end of the bullet = not the plastic or crimped blank variety - were being loaded into mazagines and shot directly at the protesters - if the army did not want this to get out they should have banned foreign reporters and their cameras -- but like a good fellow i will go on accepting what is fed to us by the power behind the govt-- why not - they never lie -- ?????

Who you going to call next time greenpeace?

good luck

I had used the Both the M203 or 302 if cannot recall the model correctly as well as the M16 .. during my Army days .

-

and to my memory recall . you can fire round without the BFD (Blank Firing Device , you said ,

but the Bullet is not the paper bullet that is said or everyone had speak off .

not sure about the tech spec , but is a plastic like bullet IN BLACK > - and the sheel is a bdly twisted black plastc shell .

it would not be hard to find them all over the place if here do use this .

if it live round the metal shell will be all over the places ,

we do " Shell comb " very offen , and walk down the Range to collect every Shell we fire . as in more traning we need to account for 100% if not 99.9% of the ammo used in the range .

after we collect it the officer in charge woukd weight the shell to confirm it .

----

Not sure if this is the correct link but it look something like this .- it look something like this the Black color one

but if i recall is look more flat - anyway just a rough visual idea the photo might be a wrong size

------------

-EASY-- go to the place where the Event happen , i am sure if it Live round , there would be alot of . Mark . and if you are lucky , you might just find one of the shell .

plastic_blanks.jpg

------

The Real M16 Shell look something like this

image1603.jpg

-------------------------

556mm_M200_blank.gif

The cartridge is used by the M249 machine gun and all 5.56mm rifles (M16/A1/A2/A3/A4 and M4-series weapons). A blank-firing attachment must be used to fire this ammunition. The cartridge is designed for simulated firing in training exercises and for saluting purposes. The M200 blank cartridge has no projectile. This is a training unique item; not used in combat.

The original M200 blank cartridge had a white tip. Field use of this cartridge resulted in residue buildup, which caused malfunctions. Only the violet-tipped M200 cartridge should be used.

The cartridge is identified by a rose-petal (rosette-crimp) closure of the cartridge case mouth. An engraved knurl is located 1/2 inch from the head of the cartridge case.

Type Classification: STD - AMCTC 5942. Type Classification Date: Prior to 1977.

Edited by Ta22

There were hundreds or even thousands of military personnel firing guns. We're talking potentially hundreds of thousands of rounds fired in a city of many buildings and roughly 10 million people.

As I have posted previously, there was absolutely ZERO collateral damage reported throughout the city from these guns that were pointed at 30 degrees.

Now.......if the rounds were live, those bullets would have had to hit somewhere. But, nothing was reported.

I stick to my previous thought from when this occurred (yes, when watching live) that these were blanks.

- go look at the place where the Event happen , i am sure if live round had been Fire , there would be alot of bullet damage exterio .

no matter how well you fix it , there would be mark on the wall .

or road , or something .

and if you are lucky you will find some shell

Any veteran know that the M16 rifle can not fire blanks without a BFD (Blank Firing Device). Thai troops were firing multiple rounds with no BFD (Blank Firing Device). If they were not live rounds, how is this possible? :)

There are BFDs that can be fitted inside the M16 and not visible, as opposed to the ones that slip over the barrel and are usually red or yellow in color. Also, you can fire it without any BFD inserted but have to manually reload the next round.