April 30, 200917 yr ive seen the harrier on the roads, externally it looks the same build as lexus but what else is different? and any info on the cost difference? thanks c
April 30, 200917 yr ive seen the harrier on the roads, externally it looks the same build as lexus but what else is different?and any info on the cost difference? thanks c Toyota no longer badge it as a Harrier, it is now Lexus RX350 @ 5.5 million or RX450 @ 6.4 million.... Same price as the BMW X5... but for 6.3 million you could get the all new Mercedes ML which is Turbo Diesel 7 speed Auto and for me think it looks much better... Edited April 30, 200917 yr by ignis
May 1, 200917 yr Author thanks for info... but for 6.3 million i think i'll get a mitsu paj sport for 1.2 and a house and a pool up north for 5.1 !
May 2, 200917 yr thanks for info... but for 6.3 million i think i'll get a mitsu paj sport for 1.2 and a house and a pool up north for 5.1 ! Me too sick import duties on this SUV
May 2, 200917 yr Had to drive to China Town in BKK yesterday afternoon, 1st time in 5 years.... Shocked at some of the cars being driven around.... + how many were on red plates.. Porsche Carrera 4S cost something like 18 nillion Porsche Panaumera something like 28 million [1st time I have seen one] and with number plate 'ท 1' it was hopeless following it as it is far to big for these roads. Bentley Arnage cost around 33 million Lamborghini Murcielago around 38 million at least 10 new shape Mercedes 500 costs over 15 million most on red plates the others all with private numbers. [sorry don't like the look of these new ones] + loads of lower priced Mercedes, BMWs [1st time I had seen a BMW X6] Audi's, Volvo There was as many what I call VERY high priced cars as there was everyday Toyota and Honda's on red plates. As I have not been into BKK for some years is this normal all over BKK ? or just in China Town?
May 3, 200917 yr I wouldn't call it normal, but the concentrations of land/medium to large size business owners (meaning that not only do they own homes and businesses in those areas, but likely all over the country as well) in downtown areas is fairly high.
May 3, 200917 yr Had to drive to China Town in BKK yesterday afternoon, 1st time in 5 years....Shocked at some of the cars being driven around.... + how many were on red plates.. Porsche Carrera 4S cost something like 18 nillion Porsche Panaumera something like 28 million [1st time I have seen one] and with number plate 'ท 1' it was hopeless following it as it is far to big for these roads. Bentley Arnage cost around 33 million Lamborghini Murcielago around 38 million at least 10 new shape Mercedes 500 costs over 15 million most on red plates the others all with private numbers. [sorry don't like the look of these new ones] + loads of lower priced Mercedes, BMWs [1st time I had seen a BMW X6] Audi's, Volvo There was as many what I call VERY high priced cars as there was everyday Toyota and Honda's on red plates. As I have not been into BKK for some years is this normal all over BKK ? or just in China Town? definitely not normal. perhaps there was a wedding. the land in Chinatown is supposedly some of the most expensive in Thailand, why i don't know, I don't even think they are allowed to build skyscrapers there. you are more likely to see these vehicles (non bmw/benz) in the thong lo/ekamai/ratcha areas. and even then, its still not an every day of the week thing. there is a lambo g that spends alot of time parked in siam square though. Edited May 3, 200917 yr by TonySoprano
May 3, 200917 yr thanks for info... but for 6.3 million i think i'll get a mitsu paj sport for 1.2 and a house and a pool up north for 5.1 ! Me too sick import duties on this SUV i wonder if many rich Thais with connections don't have to pay the import duty. its one of the few laws here which is a huge disadvantage to the rich/upper middle class with few benefits because unlike places like singapore, there are still loads of shit boxes putting around on the same street. Edited May 3, 200917 yr by TonySoprano
May 3, 200917 yr the land in Chinatown is supposedly some of the most expensive in Thailand, why i don't know, I don't even think they are allowed to build skyscrapers there. you are more likely to see these vehicles (non bmw/benz) in the thong lo/ekamai/ratcha areas. and even then, its still not an every day of the week thing. there is a lambo g that spends alot of time parked in siam square though. Yeah, it's not the area alone that makes these folks wealthy, it's just one of the general indicators (and not always correct at that) that they made their wealth earlier than others and that it's likely still compounding. Thong Lor, Ekamai and a dozen other areas expanding outwards from old wealth Yaowarat, Sampeng, Pahulrat, Thonburi, etc. can be generally classified as generation 2 and 3, often less reluctant to purchase metal toys (against the old Laos buy steel, Chinamen buy dirt rule), because by then, they are often playing with house money (and interest income, rental, income, etc.). Undoubtedly some people will be able to get around the taxes, but I've never known anyone personally (out of 5-6 automobiles that one would probably assume to be heavily taxed) who was able to. Edited May 3, 200917 yr by Heng
May 3, 200917 yr definitely not normal. perhaps there was a wedding. Don't think so, as I had 4 places to go, and got lost many times as all the places were in the back streets, when I found the back streets I always appear to be at the wrong end of a one way street, many of these car were in the little back streets and some of these car were really to big for these roads......... Funny motorbikes that would get past me did not even try to get by these expensive cars. I was right behind the Porsche Panaumera by the end of the road there were about 30 motorbike between us. Almost all were driver only in the car, most were young looked under 30 or old looked over 60.. Sure i know there money to be made in Auto Parts, someone in this business but not in China Town buys a new 750 BMW every 2 years [his latest with extras cost over 16 million] and has done for the past 15 years
May 3, 200917 yr the base price doesn't cover insurance and maintenance. better to just assume they are so rich that its like they are spending monopoly money. i can only speak for myself, but i would need something like 250m baht before i could rationalize spending 15m baht on an automobile, especially one i could buy for a 1/3rd of that in my home country. Edited May 3, 200917 yr by TonySoprano
May 3, 200917 yr the base price doesn't cover insurance and maintenance. better to just assume they are so rich that its like they are spending monopoly money. i can only speak for myself, but i would need something like 250m baht before i could rationalize spending 15m baht on an automobile, especially one i could buy for a 1/3rd of that in my home country. Thankfully people do, so some people can buy these cars 10 - 15 years later for a fraction of the price.. The Audi A6 I bought last year....... 1st owner 2 year, next owner 9 years I bought it from him for 235k with 116,000 km and full service history, yet the new price when new was 2.6 million... for the same year and price I could have bought a basic 1.6 auto Toyota Corolla, which cost 620k when new..
May 3, 200917 yr Hope you cleaned the interior. You'd might be surprised how much volume in bodily fluids can end up in your car, especially nicer ones. If I ever convince myself to drop double digit millions on a piece of steel, I likely wouldn't ever sell it, but instead mothball it and keep it in a warehouse. Edited May 3, 200917 yr by Heng
May 3, 200917 yr the base price doesn't cover insurance and maintenance. better to just assume they are so rich that its like they are spending monopoly money. i can only speak for myself, but i would need something like 250m baht before i could rationalize spending 15m baht on an automobile, especially one i could buy for a 1/3rd of that in my home country. Thankfully people do, so some people can buy these cars 10 - 15 years later for a fraction of the price.. The Audi A6 I bought last year....... 1st owner 2 year, next owner 9 years I bought it from him for 235k with 116,000 km and full service history, yet the new price when new was 2.6 million... for the same year and price I could have bought a basic 1.6 auto Toyota Corolla, which cost 620k when new.. So whats your point? That you got a good deal? Good luck regardless. Maybe with a new paint job and some interior work you can trick some girls into thinking its a 2004 or something.
May 3, 200917 yr So whats your point? That you got a good deal? No that is the normal price here, mine the body work is unmarked, and the leather interior is brand new in the price.. You can buy a 10 year old Mercedes S500 in spotless condition for around 1 million, 10 years ago they cost 10 million. For the last 20yrs have always bought new every 2 or 3 years, I sold my top of the range Jazz I bought new and bought the Audi. it is a far better car comfort and standard kit.
May 5, 200917 yr Lexus was an upscale Toyota brand for overseas market only until very recently, in Japan they had all the equivalents under regular Toyota badge. Now they finally separated them in their domestic market, too. Still, Harrier is not exactly Lexus - it has an option of 2.4l engine that costs cheaper from grey importers than RX, and the menus are in Japanese only.
May 5, 200917 yr What is the difference between the RX and the harrier? I thought the harrier was sold only for like 3 million, that was the list price I saw for the inline 4 front wheel drive model.
May 5, 200917 yr What is the difference between the RX and the harrier? Engine - 2.4, inline and front wheel drive Lexus - V3 and AWD
May 5, 200917 yr Not sure... but there appears to be lots of both For Sale.. 2005 Toyota Harrier 3.0 Auto 4x4 appears to be around 750 to 850,000 [there again I have seen Harriers of 2002 for this price] 2005 Lexus RX 3.0 4x4 Auto is around 1.9 million to 2 million But a 2008/9 Toyota Harrier 2.4 Auto is around 2.4 to 2.7 million 2008/9 Lexus RX is 3.3 or 3.5 Auto around 5.6 to 6 million......... Same price as a Toyota Land Cruiser 4.7 V8 Auto There again you can buy a 2008 KIA SORENTO EX 4x4 3.5 Auto for under a million
May 5, 200917 yr Not sure... but there appears to be lots of both For Sale..2005 Toyota Harrier 3.0 Auto 4x4 appears to be around 750 to 850,000 [there again I have seen Harriers of 2002 for this price] 2005 Lexus RX 3.0 4x4 Auto is around 1.9 million to 2 million But a 2008/9 Toyota Harrier 2.4 Auto is around 2.4 to 2.7 million 2008/9 Lexus RX is 3.3 or 3.5 Auto around 5.6 to 6 million......... Same price as a Toyota Land Cruiser 4.7 V8 Auto There again you can buy a 2008 KIA SORENTO EX 4x4 3.5 Auto for under a million Those prices are not for the actual 2005 Harrier... just ones registered in '05. The old (and ugly IMO) Harriers (pre-04 IIRC) will be in the price range you mentioned above. The 2004+ Harrier/RX will be very similar in price, both going for around 1.7-1.9 million depending on condition, etc. It was essentially the same car and sold as such up (with a minor price difference, but you could have still bought a Harrier for more than an RX depending on the spec... the Air-S being an example of the kickest-of-assest Harriers that was more expensive than the standard Lex offering at the time) until this year when they ditched the "Harrier" badge for the RX badge and jacked the price up by a mil and a half... I LOVE the Harrier/RX (the 2004-current ones)... I'm not quite seeing the value in the 'all new RX' at 5.5 million when it's not much different from the 04+ version (except the newer ones have a ridiculously annoying seat belt reminder... 5.5 million and I think I'd know if I had my seat belt on or off - and I don't need my car screaming at me for it....) Value for money, I'd take a 05-06 Harrier/RX for 1.8 million over just about any car in LOS (for that amount of money).
Create an account or sign in to comment