Sp Telekom Shop At Tukcom

raro

I purchased on April 27 at the P.S Telekom Shop of Khun Jelo at Tukcom, Pattaya, a Bluetooth headset Bluetrek ST1.

After only two hours of normal usage, the unit is broken on my way to Bangkok in the morning of April 28. There was no unusual usage, it happened when I wanted to put the device on my ears as described in the manual.

As soon as I was back in Pattaya (i.e. today), I went back to the shop where I bought the device and asked for either my money back or a replacement. As a first reaction, the staff started laughing at me. When I made it clear that I cannot see the humor in this, the staff tried to get a hold of my bill and it took some effort to get it back out of his clenched fist.

The person became then extremely unfriendly and resorted to foul language that I do not want to repeat here.

The Manager Miss Jelo was of not much help either and threatened me with the police.

I contacted now the distributor and keep you posted.

The chances of a cash refund are NIL in Thailand. I've had stuff replaced with new on production of a receipt in big stores.

Tukcom is a bit different. I've bought lots of stuff there, if it is of a value of 2500 Baht plus, I always ask 'Guarantee?' Then they usually agree 3 months and sign the back of the receipt. This helps.

I don't know the cost of your apparatus, but I am guessing less than 1000 baht. It is probably best to right it off as bad luck and in future buy such an item at a big store like Carrefour or Big C where the staff don't mind changing faulty goods.

I purchased on April 27 at the P.S Telekom Shop of Khun Jelo at Tukcom, Pattaya, a Bluetooth headset Bluetrek ST1.

After only two hours of normal usage, the unit is broken on my way to Bangkok in the morning of April 28. There was no unusual usage, it happened when I wanted to put the device on my ears as described in the manual.

As soon as I was back in Pattaya (i.e. today), I went back to the shop where I bought the device and asked for either my money back or a replacement. As a first reaction, the staff started laughing at me. When I made it clear that I cannot see the humor in this, the staff tried to get a hold of my bill and it took some effort to get it back out of his clenched fist.

The person became then extremely unfriendly and resorted to foul language that I do not want to repeat here.

The Manager Miss Jelo was of not much help either and threatened me with the police.

I contacted now the distributor and keep you posted.

Thanks for the reporting Raro, i have been there is the past and i will make sure to not to walk there again, you did well, all these dishonest people really need to be aware that their actions are not welcome, too many people just let them do whatever they likes freely and if they see they can make easy cash like that without even a complaint, what is going to stop them? they not deserves any better

The chances of a cash refund are NIL in Thailand. I've had stuff replaced with new on production of a receipt in big stores.

Tukcom is a bit different. I've bought lots of stuff there, if it is of a value of 2500 Baht plus, I always ask 'Guarantee?' Then they usually agree 3 months and sign the back of the receipt. This helps.

I don't know the cost of your apparatus, but I am guessing less than 1000 baht. It is probably best to right it off as bad luck and in future buy such an item at a big store like Carrefour or Big C where the staff don't mind changing faulty goods.

It was well above 1,000 Baht - 2,900 to be precise. And it is not the money involved but the principle. Getting laughed at at first and "f_uck you" later makes me push buttons.

As I said, at first the distributor in Bangkok is on it. Let's call that "level one".

Received an e-mail from the distributor today:

Could you please sent us the broken unit. We will send you the new one asap once we get it.

The address is below and please attention to Mr. Nick.

Elitek Okunson Company Limited

<address>

Will bring it there in person on Monday as I go to Bangkok anyways and report back.

Sounds like a nightmare!

That is shocking that they wouldn't help you with the broken item, with it being quite expensive.

Shame on them for laughing in your face.

Hope you get a replacement! Good luck!

This is typical of the Pattaya Thai people ,the tourist bullsh!t about the gentle smiling people, this place is red in tooth and claw and its open season on Falangs.Hope you get some satisfaction from the Distributor.

... and in future buy such an item at a big store like Carrefour or Big C where the staff don't mind changing faulty goods.

and placing the broken sh!t back on the shelf.

many years ago a friend of mine worked for a big computer retailer in Germany. This is exactly what they did. Computers coming in from repair got back on the shelf with a changed HDD as soon as the customer was through the door. When the customer got back after a week to collect the "repaired" computer he got just another similar comp with his original HDD.

I am happy to report that the importer replaced the device with no questions asked as promised.

They have a shop at MBK in the 4th Floor (I think Dollar Bluetooth it was called, near the toilets opposite a jeans shop).

Super nice people, very interested in learning about that SP Telekom shop in Tukcom and my experience there.

I am happy to report that the importer replaced the device with no questions asked as promised.

They have a shop at MBK in the 4th Floor (I think Dollar Bluetooth it was called, near the toilets opposite a jeans shop).

Super nice people, very interested in learning about that SP Telekom shop in Tukcom and my experience there.

Glad you hear you got a replacement Raro!

As for the shop in Tukcom...... What goes around comes around...