True Brings Faster Broadband To Pattaya

Thaising

I wonder if they are upgrading there backbone link accordingly . . . . :D

Thought not . . . . :)

8 meg - yep along as your within the required distance to the DSLAM . . 8 meg has ALWAYS been possible on ADSL not just ADSL2 but telcos just never let people use it.

I see that they forgot to mention that they use the TOT lines for their adsl in pattaya.I inquired a year or so ago and they charged 1000 baht a month then for 1 Mb,same as TOT at that time.The snake under the grass was that you had to pay another 1000 a month for rent of the TOT line because they don't have own lines.Can anyone inform if this has changed lately.

• 6 months later...
Hello, is this offer reliable ?

Really fast internet, no problem ?

Thanks !

Yes in Pattaya it is I read here somewhere that they were giving more speed for the first month and then cutting back to bait you into paying for a faster service.

I have had for 6 weeks and the speeds are as fast as ever

post-21828-1259783973_thumb.png

And line still Sync'ed at 14Mb + and I have 8 Mb service

post-21828-1259784131_thumb.png

It has went down 2 times in the whole time I have had it and for less than 15 Mins each time

• 3 months later...

Nevermind Pattaya... How about expanding services to include the greater Bangkok? I applied for service 2-3 weeks ago only to have them inform me that no nodes are available in my area. I got the same response from 3BB and CAT Hinet as well. I'm located at Laksi bordering Nonthaburi. All my friends who live within 2-3 km are able to get service (either True or 3BB), but not me. <deleted>?! :)

TRUE not have own lines in Pattaya ? ., Did they lease lines from TOT ? . . , pls confirm ! . . . i live 45m from TOT head office Pattaya.,

They don't use phone lines.

They just pull a cable from one of their distribution points straight to your house, no phone service, only internet...

• 2 months later...
They don't use phone lines.

They just pull a cable from one of their distribution points straight to your house, no phone service, only internet...

That's like CAT does it.

What's about international speed and port throtteling/blocking?

Speed in Thailand is not important for most of us.

It have to be fast to Europe and USA.

Nevermind Pattaya... How about expanding services to include the greater Bangkok? I applied for service 2-3 weeks ago only to have them inform me that no nodes are available in my area. I got the same response from 3BB and CAT Hinet as well. I'm located at Laksi bordering Nonthaburi. All my friends who live within 2-3 km are able to get service (either True or 3BB), but not me. <deleted>?! :D

Here i could only get TOT. I asked ( 3B/ TTT) them why, they say there is no cable down to your house ??? Well i said, then make one... We can only do it if you pay for the cable.... I did since TOT is no good in this area. 1 km of cable cost around 5.500 THB... Now i pay for a 2m/bit line and gets 4M/bit.... Not to bad for 1.160 THB a month. :)

I live in central Sukhumvit (Bangkok) and they cannot give me more than 3 megs AND that operates at lesser than desirable speeds during peak hours. Yet they can offer faster conections in Pattaya. hel_l Pattaya here I come

if I lived 500 meters away they can give 16 megs - go figure?

I live in central Sukhumvit (Bangkok) and they cannot give me more than 3 megs AND that operates at lesser than desirable speeds during peak hours. Yet they can offer faster conections in Pattaya. hel_l Pattaya here I come

if I lived 500 meters away they can give 16 megs - go figure?

If your in a old condo (Old wiring). Get the building not true to use another pair of wires to your apartment from their PABX downstairs. I was on a a really bad pair of wires got the building to change it to another pair and went from 8mb connection to 21mb connection SYNC rate. Difference is night and day. (on 16mb premium true)

Post me your router stats: Line attenuation and SNR.

Edited by negreanu