Acoustic Guitars

Billfo

Hello All,

I'm considering getting an acoustic guitar, I've seen some at Kad Suan Kaew for around 2k-3k. Can anyone recommend makes and/or shops to get a decent acoustic from?

I don't want top of the range or anything just a guitar I can play in my room, not performing or anything.

cheers!

... snip ... I'm considering getting an acoustic guitar, I've seen some at Kad Suan Kaew for around 2k-3k. Can anyone recommend makes and/or shops to get a decent acoustic from?

Hi Khun Billfo,

I assume you want a steel-string guitar, but I'd say this also re nylon string guitars : for a few thousand more baht you can get an entry-level Yamaha that will be vastly superior in terms of playability, will endure the changes of temperature and humidity here much better. There are many outlets for Yamaha here including Best Buy in Airport Plaza Robinson, the Yamaha store on 3rd. floor airport plaza, Pol music, etc. Shop around, bargain ?

good luck, ~o:37;

Pol Music, across from The Chedi

Your directions are as clear as mud. What's the "Chedi" :D

Yes I know exactly where the shop is because I pass it 2 - 3 times every day.

But not everyone else in Chiang Mai does you can bet on that. :)

Both the Chedi (a hotel) and Pol Music are located on Charoen Prathet Road which is situated in between the Night Bazaar and the Ping River.

If you buy a guitar thats difficult to play then you'll be beat before you've started. Look for one with low action ( strings not too high above fretboard ) , a nice full sound, and machine pegs that operate smoothly so that it won't slip out of tune too easily. I've seen reasonable ones for around 2500 baht.