Filipnos

adanac1

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this!! My Thai gf lost out to a job to a Filipno who is here on a 60 + 30 day visa as a nanny/house keeper. The Filipno said that it is easy for her and her friends to find work when they arrive on a 30 day visa and after that their employer just has to write a letter saying that they are a guest in their homes and they will sponcer them.

I know if someone came into my country and took away a job that I could do I wouldn't take too long to have that person remove from the country for working without the correct visa.

This is a good job 12,000 a month with the offer of free food and room, which off course the filipno has taken advantage of.

Now my gf and her friends are still looking for work and the Filipnos are here sending their income home while the Issan girl's family does without..

Any toughts or concerns on this issue???

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this!! My Thai gf lost out to a job to a Filipno who is here on a 60 + 30 day visa as a nanny/house keeper. The Filipno said that it is easy for her and her friends to find work when they arrive on a 30 day visa and after that their employer just has to write a letter saying that they are a guest in their homes and they will sponcer them.

I know if someone came into my country and took away a job that I could do I wouldn't take too long to have that person remove from the country for working without the correct visa.

This is a good job 12,000 a month with the offer of free food and room, which off course the filipno has taken advantage of.

Now my gf and her friends are still looking for work and the Filipnos are here sending their income home while the Issan girl's family does without..

Good for you, we need more people like you in the UK... :)

This is happening the World over. Not just cleaning or nanny jobs.

The Brits, for example, are losing out to other Europeans, for salaried professional employment also.

It is something we have to live with.

I've had about 10 Thai maid/housekeepers and 1 Filipino. The 10 Thais all ended up getting fired for stealing or doing absolutely nothing or running up a 3,000 Baht phone bill. Anything they seemed to want disappeared and when asked, I was told they thought I didn't need it any more--apparently, I didn't need my money, my mobile phone charger, nice clothes, sheets, DVD player etc. etc. They spent much of their day gossiping with the neighbor maids, so my life was an open--but not particularly truthful book. And I won't even get into the visitors that seemed to come by.

The current one comes in, cleans like there is no tomorrow, does whatever is asked and uses common sense (so unlike the Thai ones, the garden isn't being watered when it's raining). Leaves a note of supplies needed, phone calls received (with a name and number) etc. etc. This one is virtually always available and if something is planned, I am informed. Sunday is Church day, but even that can be arranged around if needed.

It's nice to come home and have the housework done instead of coming home and having someone START it and completely mess up my few hours of relaxation.

This is a good job 12,000 a month with the offer of free food and room

whos the mug paying that?

there are filipino tradesmen working all hours in the middle east who arent on such a contract.

someone has a good heart, or doesnt know any better.

there are filipino tradesmen working all hours in the middle east who arent on such a contract.

This is what they are getting was told "would not work for less" some even have a motorcycle rented for them by their employers. To the other poster who has a Filipno working for him--Do you offer a work visa or are you part of the problem??? If you are part of the problem I hope when you phone home the next time you are informed that some ilegal has taken one of your relatives employment away then and they could lose their home because of it!! I'm sure you won't be happy and som nom na for you.. I got nothing against Filipnos but this is wrong.

Agreed, who the F*** is paying 12,000 + Room & Board for an new hire maid....

Why didn't your G/F just offer to do it for less than 12,000, if she wanted the job?

PM me if you want a honest Filipino housekeeper with University degree in English, licensed caregiver, first aid graduate that speak fluent English, Chinese, Tagalog and good in Thai, she can also teach all of these languages as she is a teacher, looking for a live in job.

The Filipino working for me does have a work permit. It's not provided by me, but by someone else. Employment with me is only part-time and yes, I know that technically it's illegal.

And I know plenty of people whose jobs were taken by foreigners in my home country. They worked for less and did work nobody else wanted to do. It's a fact of life.

The Filipino working for me does have a work permit. It's not provided by me, but by someone else. Employment with me is only part-time and yes, I know that technically it's illegal.

And I

know plenty of people whose jobs were taken by foreigners in my home country
. They worked for less and did work nobody else wanted to do. It's a fact of life.

"It's a fact of life and you know plenty of people whose jobs were taken by foreigners" but did they have the visa to work in your country? My guess on that would be yes otherwise they would be out. As for those questioning the 12,000 - room - meals--I forgot to mention the paid visa runs--yes paid.

Why my GF didn't offer to do the job cheaper was because the Filipno is the same as your younger sister--SHE CAN SPEAK ENGLISH and free English lessons 24 hours a day 6 days a week are worth a lot more then 12,000 to most people. This is the reason that the Thai lady is not working while the Filipno is. IS THIS RIGHT???

And I

. They worked for less and did work nobody else wanted to do. It's a fact of life.

"It's a fact of life and you know plenty of people whose jobs were taken by foreigners" but did they have the visa to work in your country? My guess on that would be yes otherwise they would be out. As for those questioning the 12,000 - room - meals--I forgot to mention the paid visa runs--yes paid.

Why my GF didn't offer to do the job cheaper was because the Filipno is the same as your younger sister--SHE CAN SPEAK ENGLISH and free English lessons 24 hours a day 6 days a week are worth a lot more then 12,000 to most people. This is the reason that the Thai lady is not working while the Filipno is. IS THIS RIGHT???

What's to say another Thai person wouldn't come alone who can speak English and likes the sound of 12,000 + R&B and would also get the job over your G/F?

For that kind of money i'm sure you could find a Thai with reasonable grasp of English (alot of college graduates only earn 12K right out of Uni, without R&:).

Either way your G/F isn't getting the job, maybe she should start applying for jobs with a salary more in her skill range.

Edited by dave111223

My G/F has already found another job--lucky for her there was no problems but I do know some of her friends are finding it hard to get employment. I think your missing the problem here -- working without a work visa--. I'm sure if they were to put an ad in looking for college grad Thai for the position there would have been many that would apply. But the ad was for a nanny and the pay was not suppose to 12,000 for a Thai but it was changed to get a Filipno. Before anyone posts I know this Filipno and I'm friends with her and others at my church. I'm happy that they have found a loop hole here in LOS to find employment but I know in my country their ass would be kicked out if they were working not paying taxes and sending that money out of the country.

My G/F has already found another job--lucky for her there was no problems but I do know some of her friends are finding it hard to get employment. I think your missing the problem here -- working without a work visa--. I'm sure if they were to put an ad in looking for college grad Thai for the position there would have been many that would apply. But the ad was for a nanny and the pay was not suppose to 12,000 for a Thai but it was changed to get a Filipno. Before anyone posts I know this Filipno and I'm friends with her and others at my church. I'm happy that they have found a loop hole here in LOS to find employment but I know in my country their ass would be kicked out if they were working not paying taxes and sending that money out of the country.

No its you thats missing the point here. Why hire a thai woman that is less qualified, doesnt speak english and who has a reputation for standing around with their finger in their nose and doing jack and <deleted> all day? Not to mention a propensity for stealing. I watch Thai nannys letting falang kids run in traffic!!!! A Philipina woman would have the dayum kid on a leash.

You sound like a redneck.... DEY TOOK ARE JEEEEERBS!

I've had about 10 Thai maid/housekeepers and 1 Filipino. The 10 Thais all ended up getting fired for stealing or doing absolutely nothing or running up a 3,000 Baht phone bill. Anything they seemed to want disappeared and when asked, I was told they thought I didn't need it any more--apparently, I didn't need my money, my mobile phone charger, nice clothes, sheets, DVD player etc. etc. They spent much of their day gossiping with the neighbor maids, so my life was an open--but not particularly truthful book. And I won't even get into the visitors that seemed to come by.

The current one comes in, cleans like there is no tomorrow, does whatever is asked and uses common sense (so unlike the Thai ones, the garden isn't being watered when it's raining). Leaves a note of supplies needed, phone calls received (with a name and number) etc. etc. This one is virtually always available and if something is planned, I am informed. Sunday is Church day, but even that can be arranged around if needed.

It's nice to come home and have the housework done instead of coming home and having someone START it and completely mess up my few hours of relaxation.

Nice one Mr Scott

This post says it all

No its you thats missing the point here. Why hire a thai woman that is less qualified, doesnt speak english and who has a reputation for standing around with their finger in their nose and doing jack and <deleted> all day? Not to mention a propensity for stealing. I watch Thai nannys letting falang kids run in traffic!!!! A Philipina woman would have the dayum kid on a leash.

You sound like a redneck.... DEY TOOK ARE JEEEEERBS!

Why hire Thai woman" Because it is the right thing to do!! There are many qualified Thai woman but **** like you find your nannys at beer bars. "you watch as Thai nannys let kids run in traffic" and you say I'm a redneck, look in the mirror pal or maybe wait until your sober!!

And I

Sounds all right to me. What's the problem?

Why hire Thai woman" Because it is the right thing to do!! There are many qualified Thai woman but **** like you find your nannys at beer bars. "you watch as Thai nannys let kids run in traffic" and you say I'm a redneck, look in the mirror pal or maybe wait until your sober!!

Lol I drink ALOT less that you I can bet my life on that. And I work with Nanny's I dont actually hire them and I don't go to beer bars since well, I dont drink and I dont fornicate with ho's. How am I the redneck for watching THAI NANNYS act so negligent as to let their foreign wards run around in traffic? How was I rednecking it up by witnessing that?

DEY TOOK ARE JEEEERBS!

tell your girlfriend to learn english and work harder and she won't lose her next job to a Filipina.

12,000 baht is good for a maid but not for the Filipinos I know. They are making 30,000-40,000 baht as teachers and that is good for them, more than they can get for teaching in their own country right now. Met a few Filipino singers in Bangkok hotels who make more than that, as well.

To the OP, what is a Filipno ???? I believe you mean FILIPINA if its a girl or FILIPINO if its a guy, so lets get the core of the story spelt right !

I wonder what job youre doing in Thailand, ever thought that you may be doing exactly the same things that this Filipno(sic) is being accused of ??

To the best of my understanding it is not legal, they need to come here on a non-immigrant "B" visa just like the rest of us that work and get a work permit otherwise they are downright illegal and subject to deportation.

In my home country many Eastern European women as well as Thai women work as mates. The standard salary for that is 500THB/hour. More is possible. Most do not pay taxes...

To the OP, what is a Filipno ???? I believe you mean FILIPINA if its a girl or FILIPINO if its a guy, so lets get the core of the story spelt right !

I wonder what job youre doing in Thailand, ever thought that you may be doing exactly the same things that this Filipno(sic) is being accused of ??

I wonder what any of you are doing in Thailand. Sounds like you'd all be much happier in the Phillipines. To the OP, instead of complaining about it here, you can make the choice: report her, and the family that hired an illegal immigrant, to the immigration department, or do nothing. It's your choice to make, and live with.

Lol I drink ALOT less that you I can bet my life on that. And I work with Nanny's I dont actually hire them and I don't go to beer bars since well, I dont drink and I dont fornicate with ho's. How am I the redneck for watching THAI NANNYS act so negligent as to let their foreign wards run around in traffic? How was I rednecking it up by witnessing that?

DEY TOOK ARE JEEEERBS!

Don't bet your life on that, I'm sure your friends don't want to see you lying on your back reading the newspaper!

I wonder what any of you are doing in Thailand. Sounds like you'd all be much happier in the Phillipines. To the OP, instead of complaining about it here, you can make the choice: report her, and the family that hired an illegal immigrant, to the immigration department, or do nothing. It's your choice to make, and live with.

Your right Ballpoint!!! I was just opening this topic up to see how others feel about it. I have to be honest that I am entertained with what is being said.

I have no employment in Thailand and have no plans to ever work here!! I've done very well for myself working legaly in the past...Thanks for the English lesson.