Preschool Advice

monica

We are looking to see what experience people have had with international preschools in Bangkok. We are looking for something that has different activities for the children without being too overly structured. We would like a place that doesn't balk at the idea of communicating with parents either via email or notebooks as children this young are too young to communicate very much about what they did. Also a place where parents are feel welcomed. I would really appreciate hearing about school that you have had good experiences with. We are debating moving back into town based on a friendly preschool... Thank you!

I don't live in Bangkok but all I can say is GO FOR IT.. My daughter is at a pre-school in Chiang Mai and it's just amazing what they do and how much they learn about all kinds of things. And its fun; my daughter loves 'going to school'.

And yes there's a daily notebook that the teacher fills in and writes what went well and what not, if she was naughty, if she generally joined in, etc. etc. And they supply things like the lyrics to the songs they learned as well as other stuff.

My daughter started in pre-school when she was about 2 years old, she's now three and a half and is in K1. It's a small class with 15 other kids, a great blend of full Western kids, full Thai kids and mixed Thai/Western. And then some Korean kids as well. They have Western teachers assited by some Thai teachers.

This one's in Chiang Mai, it's about 7000 baht a month. Pricey, but worth every satang.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I don't live in Bangkok but all I can say is GO FOR IT.. My daughter is at a pre-school in Chiang Mai and it's just amazing what they do and how much they learn about all kinds of things. And its fun; my daughter loves 'going to school'.

And yes there's a daily notebook that the teacher fills in and writes what went well and what not, if she was naughty, if she generally joined in, etc. etc. And they supply things like the lyrics to the songs they learned as well as other stuff.

My daughter started in pre-school when she was about 2 years old, she's now three and a half and is in K1. It's a small class with 15 other kids, a great blend of full Western kids, full Thai kids and mixed Thai/Western. And then some Korean kids as well. They have Western teachers assited by some Thai teachers.

This one's in Chiang Mai, it's about 7000 baht a month. Pricey, but worth every satang.

That sounds very nice! We have her at a place, BUT they do not really share information and refuse to update us on daily activities (no notebooks) - so we can't also sing same songs at home, etc. So we want a friendlier place....

....BUT they do not really share information and refuse to update us on daily activities (no notebooks) - so we can't also sing same songs at home, etc. So we want a friendlier place....

A full blown International school in Japan does not go that far. 6000 baht per day. When you dicvide 25K US$ per year, 180 days of teaching, that's the price.

3 emails weekly about past week's activities, next week plan but no details.

Daily book that goes with the child day in day out, once a month there is something in there to check - things like "don't let her bring any snacks to school".

Hi Winnie,

Could you share the name of the place in Chiang Mia as we are looking to send our daughter as well to pre school in CM.

Thanks