What kind of hobbies do you have?

jvs

Guitar ( electric and acoustic ) Gardening , cooking , reading , chess and chatting to Filipino webcam girls when the wife is not looking.

Dont have much time for any of them since various DIY jobs take up a lot of time. Builders around here will build you a house but wont do any small work for you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, easydoor said:

I am a shortwave radio amateur with legal license in Thailand and Cambodia. Making contacts, all over the world using the MORSE code.

I like to write and read. Just finished writing my second technical book for Ham operators. The first has been published by the ARRL as 5th edition in 2001.

Do you sometimes talk with Simon?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Golf, gym, boxing, gardening -veggies and ornamentals (orchids now which is great to discover in more depth), swimming, surfing both here and O/S, writing the occasional profession article, enjoying my beautiful villa, women, cooking, guests and a damn good Aussie style BBQ, cooking, cycling, sailing occasionally, travelling, astronomy/star gazing with my awesome super powerful telescope, making wooden toys for orphanages - rocking horses coming along nicely ????????   

Do you have time to sleep?Sounds like a busy schedule but good for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Do you have time to sleep?Sounds like a busy schedule but good for you.

Sleep like a baby thank you ???? Early to bed early to rise. I do have Buddhist do-nothing days too and I have plenty of free time. It's amazing (to me ongoing) when I don't procrastinate and live in my head how productive my life can be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, easydoor said:

I am a shortwave radio amateur with legal license in Thailand and Cambodia. Making contacts, all over the world using the MORSE code.

I like to write and read. Just finished writing my second technical book for Ham operators. The first has been published by the ARRL as 5th edition in 2001.

Yeah, I just use the Internets.

But seriously. I used to be a pretty hardcore backpacker. Traveled with shortwaves. Shortly after my last purchase eons ago all the news but mainly BBC and VOA just sorta dried up.

I'm sure it was novel decades ago. I'm just not seeing the purpose. Even for spooks.

4 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Already starting to look like the thread could be from one of my classes.

Hobbies

Activities

Pastimes

Know the difference.

I think the approach here is................. what do you do that is not work?

1 hour ago, Tom89 said:

That's something I've been interested in doing. In particular I'm interested in RC gliders. Any advice on shops and how to get started here in Thailand? I live in north Thailand. 

If you haven’t flown before I would suggest poweredgliders. You use the power to get to altitude then turn it off. I bought one on Lazada, pretty expensive for what it was, and it wasn’t very big.....bigger is better for lift etc. I was flying one day and I let it get a bit far away, suddenly I had no control. It was still in sight, but basically disappeared. We searched for days, but nothing....I think somebody must have picked it up and walked away. I used to fly a lot in California and had an assortment of planes/gliders. I don’t think the ones I’ve seen here are very good. The best bet would be to have somebody bring it from your country, when they can. German electric engines are the best, but you pay for that. Good luck.

• Like 2