Is Thai Fashion Trendy Or Trashy?

kensingto

Have you went to the street and see everyone wearing the same thing with the same hairstyle?

Well. That is Bangkok ''fashion''. spiky hair, shorts, skinny shirts, ect...

Why are soo many people wearing the same thing? It is just like walking down the street and seeing similar people. Although some of the trend look nice but too many wearing them make it seems so tasteless. Even some might look nice in it but many look so unsuitable for the hair and clothes they wear.

Not many wear what is suitable for them and not wear what is 'in'. Wearing what is ''in'' does not make you the most attractive man/woman. Sometime it will just make the person seem that they do not know how to dress themselves up and some wearing the in the ''trend'' clothes just look so trashy and ugly.

So do you think the fashion or trend in Thailand trendy or trashy/tasteless?

Have you went to the street and see everyone wearing the same thing with the same hairstyle?

Why are soo many people wearing the same thing? It is just like walking down the street and seeing similar people. Although some of the trend look nice but too many wearing them make it seems so tasteless. Even some might look nice in it but many look so unsuitable for the hair and clothes they wear.

Not many wear what is suitable for them and not wear what is 'in'. Wearing what is ''in'' does not make you the most attractive man/woman. Sometime it will just make the person seem that they do not know how to dress themselves up and some wearing the in the ''trend'' clothes just look so trashy and ugly.

This is the same styles as in LA, London, Singapore, Tokyo. Turn on MTV and watch it for a while. It's all unisex now, can't tell a man from a woman - unless it's rap

I prefer the "trashy Schoolgirl" look myself, with a nod to the fishnet hose/exposed garter add-on. (We are talking about women here, right?)

Edited by OldenAtwoody

Just follow K pop or J pop for the latest fashions in the big mango...

Chiffon lots of it cut into cute blowses with printed patterns and nice fitting cotton shorts.... with clip clop open toed shoes...

Thai fashion is trendy not trashy - sometimes tacky but never trashy.......

Thai fashion trashy ! :D my mrs wears more clothing on the street than on the beach or in bed - trashy never :)

One item is the shoes I cant stand. You know the sort of thing your granny would wear with the very round front in shiny red or something. Apparently these are 'trendy' shoes, well not where I'm from they aren't but then again im not there now I'm here so have to just nod and say yes very nice.

I love the "Dek neawl" style that's in at the moment with the thai kids in Bangkok, quite similar to tokyo and London street styles but it has a unique twist that i've only seen in Bangkok. Skinny Jeans(usually Black), slightly baggy floral print shirt, BIG hair, smart pointed shoes or plimsoles.

Good Places to see examples of this style are....

Dalaat Sapan Put (wednesday bridge market)

the Dek Neawl market siam.

sections 3 - 6 at JJ market

The saturday night market in Rachada

Silapakorn University

Club culture - Praya Thai BTS

If you go out in ekamai you will see loads of trendies in the bars etc, seems like Thailand is developing some really cool styles of fashion, i just hope they all realize how bad the music they've been listening is and opt to do something about it.

Back home the clothes you wear are so closely tied in with the type of music you listen too, just doesn't seem to be so much the case here.

I think the opposite- Thais seem overly liberal with fashion. The stuff guy and girls get away with on the street is way more daring than what I see people doing in the West. sometimes i can't believe the kind of stuff my gf puts on, igh, especially those big moo-moo's that drap down from the breasts... lol, or 8 inch heels worn around just as casually as flip flops.

...I prefer the "trashy Schoolgirl" look myself, with a nod to the fishnet hose/exposed garter add-on. (We are talking about women here, right?)

Sorry, I can't think what you are talking about. Need pictures. :)

I love the "Dek neawl" style that's in at the moment with the thai kids in Bangkok, quite similar to tokyo and London street styles but it has a unique twist that i've only seen in Bangkok. Skinny Jeans(usually Black), slightly baggy floral print shirt, BIG hair, smart pointed shoes or plimsoles.

Good Places to see examples of this style are....

Dalaat Sapan Put (wednesday bridge market)

the Dek Neawl market siam.

sections 3 - 6 at JJ market

The saturday night market in Rachada

Silapakorn University

Club culture - Praya Thai BTS

If you go out in ekamai you will see loads of trendies in the bars etc, seems like Thailand is developing some really cool styles of fashion, i just hope they all realize how bad the music they've been listening is and opt to do something about it.

Back home the clothes you wear are so closely tied in with the type of music you listen too, just doesn't seem to be so much the case here.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to avoid as many of those places as possible.

I think the opposite- Thais seem overly liberal with fashion. The stuff guy and girls get away with on the street is way more daring than what I see people doing in the West. sometimes i can't believe the kind of stuff my gf puts on, igh, especially those big moo-moo's that drap down from the breasts... lol, or 8 inch heels worn around just as casually as flip flops.

Lol uh, only girls I see dressed like that are freelance ho's, my Thai giks wouldnt be caught dead.

Lol uh, only girls I see dressed like that are freelance ho's, my Thai giks wouldnt be caught dead.

I disagree I see girls from all walks of life wearing trashy heels, skirts and tops. Thailand has the trashiest style I've ever seen but I'm not complaining!

Most Thais copy fasion trends from Japan and Korea. If you have been to Japan you see trendy and innovative fashion and other places like New York, Paris or Berlin have people with a way more individual and fresh style than here in Thailand. I worked in the fashion industry and unfortunately have to say that the Thai fashion sense is a bit limited / boring. But then again there just seems to be a lack of Thai identity in these sorts of things because Western / Japanese / Korean style is "soooo cool" for most women here.

Its funny on this forum how many middle aged men feel compelled to make fashion judgments and comments in general talking about women, as if they are actually part of the none working gal dating pool. Please, do you think any of these school girls actually care what some leering middle aged farang thinks about their outfit or hairstyle?

The emergence of the skinny jeans as a fashion trend in Thailand always boggles my mind a bit when i see them. I mean if you've already got stick legs to begin with, then why accentuate the fact by wearing pants that make your legs look like a pair of black chopsticks?

Oh, and don't get me started on the horrible grating sound of "clack, clack, clack" from countless pairs of cheap Thai heels making their way down the BTS steps at a snail's pace. :)

The emergence of the skinny jeans as a fashion trend in Thailand always boggles my mind a bit when i see them. I mean if you've already got stick legs to begin with, then why accentuate the fact by wearing pants that make your legs look like a pair of black chopsticks?

Oh, and don't get me started on the horrible grating sound of "clack, clack, clack" from countless pairs of cheap Thai heels making their way down the BTS steps at a snail's pace. :)

I love the "clack, clack, clack" of countless pairs of Thai high heels cus they are normally attached to a short black micro skirt and a tight XXXS white blouse

Love the way when they are clack, clack clacking up the stairs they position their folder or bag to stop perverts! dam_n kill joys!

I think you hit the nail on the head. Only a small percentage of women in any country can wear 'trashy'/trendy clothes and look good.

In the West there are an awful lot of women who are just tasteless, here there are an awful lot of women who think if they wear tight shorts and a low plunging top they are irresistable. Same same, but different! :D

p.s. I'd like to say taste improves with age - but it doesn't! How many times have we seen older, plump ( :D ) women wearing clothes they really shouldn't!! :)

Edited by F1fanatic

the kids look like the fashion scene of the late 60s early 70 s in the uk lol.In between punk and teddy boy,so my dad said anyway.

I dont go so much for designer labels now as i am rich and can wear a pair of wellies and a plastic mac and still pull the best birds hehehehehe,i am so happy.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus count your blessings, walk down a UK hight street and see fat birds wearing crop tops and hipster trousers, lard spilling out of every seam then let us know how bad u find Thai fashion. :)