90 Day Reporting

Hi

I've just done my 90 day report which I always do by post to Bangkok. The note below was pinned to the returned form. To me it looks like you can no longer use the postal service at Suan Plu unless you live in Bangkok and you have to report to your local Immigration office. I know I have to go to Tak for my visa extension now, but I thought Bangkok was where posted 90 day reports were sent.

Anyone else been notified

Cheer BOB

post-28602-1241317548_thumb.jpg

Unless I missed it this is the first confirmation that Bangkok is no longer accepting 90 day reports unless your extension is done there.

But what do you do if your local office will not accept 90 day reports by mail?

It means some people will be making some very long trips to do their 90 day reports.

Correct - the place you obtain extension of stay is the same place you must do 90 day reports and obtain re-entry permits. Have seen several people reporting getting the same note you got. The irony is that we in Bangkok have always been told by immigration that we can not use mail reporting. :)

Edit: after reading the attachment see it does not say Bangkok will accept mail - only that Bangkok is responsible for Bangkok in a general manner.

Edited by lopburi3

Correct - the place you obtain extension of stay is the same place you must do 90 day reports and obtain re-entry permits. Have seen several people reporting getting the same note you got. The irony is that we in Bangkok have always been told by immigration that we can not use mail reporting. :)

Edit: after reading the attachment see it does not say Bangkok will accept mail - only that Bangkok is responsible for Bangkok in a general manner.

Does anybody with connections know how many complaints the Dept. of Immigration is getting due to this s&%t for b%^&*^s rule change? Any chance they will stop this insanity and drop the 90 day report requirement or allow us to do it at any immigration office.

Same for the reentry permit..........they must be getting A large numbers of complaints. That change is very inconvenient for some expats who got their extension right before the rule change and did not know they would need a multiple reentry permit.

Example: right now I am within spitting distance of the Thai-Cambodia border south of Trat. But if I decide I want to go to Sihanoukville.........I will have to travel all the way to northern Thailand near the border with Myanmar to get the permit........come all the way back...........and then, finally, they will allow me to visit Sihanoukville.

How many kilometers round trip........2000km......not sure.

NUTS! EXPAT UNFRIENDLY!

90 day reports now have to been at the immigration office of your area, in your case Tak (mae Sod). You can also mail your 90 day report at Tak, without any problem.

Mario, do you have the address of the Tak (Mae Sot) Immigration Office?

Thanks.

I am living not far from Nangrong (province of Buriram) and the nearest immigration office is Kap Cheung.

One month ago the officer told me that from now on I have to see them in person for my 90 day report. No more mail.

Is this a general rule for everybody?

For me it is a one and half hour drive to get there, but for others much more.

A related question: what if somebody is too ill or to sick to go there in person.

I am living not far from Nangrong (province of Buriram) and the nearest immigration office is Kap Cheung.

One month ago the officer told me that from now on I have to see them in person for my 90 day report. No more mail.

A related question: what if somebody is too ill or to sick to go there in person.

It is a Kap Cheung rule along with some other local offices.

It is wrong but their is not much that can be done about it.

You can have somebody else do the report for you. Just write a note saying that they are authorized to it.

We have had reports previously that Kap Cheong were not accepting postal reporting.

If you were too sick to go someone can do it for you usually. Still not a perfect situation though.

Not allowed anymore. Those that have been doing so are getting instructions to cease and contact there local office.

when did this come into effect, as i know someone who did it last month at BKK immigration

i know people who have done a 90 day report at bangkok and there extensions where not done there

This is true, however this is done on the 5th floor for those who live in the central area. I live in Nonthaburi, can go to 3 different Offices, but can still do my 90days at Suan Phlu, also I believe I can still do my extensions on the 5th floor.

Not allowed anymore. Those that have been doing so are getting instructions to cease and contact there local office.

when did this come into effect, as i know someone who did it last month at BKK immigration

Where do they live?

The announcement came out not long ago. It appears they just started sending back notices to people that did not know about it. At least they processed the report instead of sending back the entire package.

If you live in the Central Region, there is the possibility of using Suan Phlu, on the 5th floor.

This has been covered in another thread.

I use this option as I live in Nonthaburi and do not want to travel to Ayutthaya for a 90day.