A way to put people's minds at rest?

Hi folks,

Just an idea. Rather than concentrating on codes currently known to be fake, if folk were to post stamp codes, dates and locations for runs they have actually done in person, then others could cross-check them and at least narrow down their likelyhood of trouble, without potentialy expanding the problem in the same way another very recent post may already have done.

What does everyone else think about this idea?

Jaded. ???

I also agree that the idea has merit - those who have made legal visa runs (by themselves) posting their stamp codes, but...

Who's going to know whether the posts are genuine or not? There are dishonest people reading this forum too I suspect.

:o

Another consideration: Just because stamp X007 from Nakhon Nowhere was legitimate when one passport holder did their own run, that does not preclude the possibility that a fake stamp may have been made using that number.

Hmm. Yes it is possible that duplicate stamps might have been made but if they're all related to a specific officer (does anyone know this for sure?) then surely the date would be a reasonable guide, given that they'd look after their own interests first?

A very good point also that potentially 'anyone' could post a code as genuine - hadn't thought of that! Anonimity works both ways and this would also rule out the e-mail idea.

I'm sure the falang embassies must be packed-out at this time.