A New Race Track In Thailand! Ride On!

I just heard from NakedAir about a new track that's being built here in Thailand and that, when complete, will be Thailand's longest racetrack!

kaeng_krachan_circuit_02.jpg

It's called Kaeng Krachan Circuit and is 2.9km long!

kaeng_krachan_circuit_09.jpg

It's located in Petchaburi province at these GPS coordinates: N12''56 .535 E099''42 .400

kaeng_krachan_circuit_17.JPG

Can't wait to check it out!!!

Happy Trails,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the better connected shops in Bangkok have more information about this track. If I have time I'll stop by and ask at Chicane or Red Baron to see if they have some contact details. Anyway- it's gotta stop raining first!

Happy Trails,

Tony

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the better connected shops in Bangkok have more information about this track. If I have time I'll stop by and ask at Chicane or Red Baron to see if they have some contact details. Anyway- it's gotta stop raining first!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Thanks that would be great.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just a little bump to keep this on the front page. Looks like a great track. Somebody knows where it is - there's people on it!

I went there last weekend for the Euro Cup. The guy running WAC was one of the arrangers. He can probably provide more info.

The track is not done, and is not completely safe yet. One guy crashed his Lotus Elise, and my friend crashed his EVO.

Just a little bump to keep this on the front page. Looks like a great track. Somebody knows where it is - there's people on it!

I went there last weekend for the Euro Cup. The guy running WAC was one of the arrangers. He can probably provide more info.

The track is not done, and is not completely safe yet. One guy crashed his Lotus Elise, and my friend crashed his EVO.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I know of any tracks that are completely safe :) ...ever been to Seacon Sq? big chunks of it are torn out, its got nice little sink holes. But this is good to know. Hopefully by the time it stops raining........

• 3 months later...

Some funny pictures from Kaeng Krachan Circuit :D

dsc_0506_exposure_148.jpg

What's this? A CBR150 vs a NinjaZX10R?! :D

2ng13.jpg

A couple of Kwackerzaki Ninjettes vs a scooter? :D Scooter guy's getting his toe down! :D

dsc_0045_exposure_113.jpg

I dunno what this bike is... Sonic? :D Nice helmet though! :)

p9131586_1_206.jpg

What a crazy mix! Supersport Ninja ZX10R vs CBR150 and some kind of scooter... :D

90h35.jpg

Erm... Nice run-off... NOT! :D

l1p80.jpg

Ouch!

Well... Nice track IF you can stay on it! Still doesn't seem to have any proper runoffs, but hopefully with time this will develop into a good safe track.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Some funny pictures from Kaeng Krachan Circuit :)

<snip>

Well... Nice track IF you can stay on it! Still doesn't seem to have any proper runoffs, but hopefully with time this will develop into a good safe track.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Nice pictures, Tony. Are they taken with a 400D?