Is this justice...

chuang

In today's Bangkok Post....

'kaman jailed a year for ditching exec's mobile into the sea'

The rich and powerful in Thailand can even get away with murder but the ordinary man being jailed just for throwing a mobile into the sea....Is this justice?...it sucks.. ???

Yes, it did fail. So why don't you go ahead and delete the many postings in the Visa thread, which state the same just using different words?

You probably don't like my username aor something like that. i really don't know what you want from me.

This tiny statement will cause no problem. If it does, it was true then.

Please go again to the visa section of the board and read carefully through the posts, you will see many comments much more likely to cause a problem.

:cool:

The reality everywhere, but especially in SE Asia is that money and power allows one to break the law and avoid punishment. I have friends in Indonesia who are sons and daughters of very wealthy and influencial businessman. They have told me very frankly, that they could do anything up to and including stealing a car with no reprecussions whatsoever. For more seriuous crimes, they would have to be arrested, but their punishments would be light. That's life.

Well, money gives you power. I would not fight with the son of high ranking officer. Only once I heard that justice was done.

The bodyguard of a quite famous man shot a customer in the bar of a 5-star hotel for not releasing the microphone for karaoke.Actually, it was the turn of the guy who was shot dead, to sing. The authorities acted immediately and closed the bar, for having failed checking if customers carry arms.

Ant this was not in Indonesia.

I remember that incident. Actually it was ages ago and it wasn't in a 5 star hotel. Well, I wouldn't consider Montien to be 5 star anyway.

There are way too many incidents of the rich and famous getting away in Thailand. The one where a politician's son rammed into a police officer.

The one at Taurus involving Twiddle-dee and Twiddle-dum shooting a guy in the face for stepping on his toes.

It's tough to accept but that's life in Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it's tought to live in Thailand, money talk, khun ying khun nai only look- up not down, you got enough money you could get away just about anything, it was use to be then and still now.

Don't like the way it is ? stay lowkey and enjoy your self

:o