BKK​ ​PERTH​ Thai​ business​ class​ review

Posted (edited)

Anyone have recent experience to relate, I am travelling soon and keen to hear post Thai resuming these flights, cabin and onboard meals etc checkin, lounges, Immigration , any issues at all really... thank you very much! 

Edited by Olmate

6 minutes ago, iaminwa said:

Overpriced rubbish.

What airline would you use as an alternative and why?

Posted (edited)

Can't help with Perth but just did BKK to MEL last week.   It was an A350-900 rather than a 787 (which is what I believe TG uses to Perth).  Check-in was quick (a bonus if your flying business is that the Thai Priority check-in is at the start of the check-in desks, so not as congested as others and right next to priority security and immigration).  Service was excellent, the seats were comfortable (although they looked a bit tired), food was ok.  No issues at all.

Edited by tjintx
  • Thanks 2

Not much choice to Perth.

Malaysian, Singapore or Thai of course being the only direct flight.

Brunei air is an option overnighting though.

I enjoy spending a few hours in Changi so via Singapore not a bad way to go.

Can Jetstar get you there ?

43 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Not much choice to Perth.

Malaysian, Singapore or Thai of course being the only direct flight.

Brunei air is an option overnighting though.

I enjoy spending a few hours in Changi so via Singapore not a bad way to go.

Can Jetstar get you there ?

Thanks but direct is key for few reason, Jetstar is.a.big leap of.faith anyway altho friends tell me much improved now, regards.

I also can't help with Perth, but have a number of recent biz class flights on TG to a few destinations. No complaints on the on-board seating or service. I found the new lounge arrangement at MNL (there was previously a TG lounge, but now it's a shared arrangement) to be a little strange and limited and the check-in at PNH can be slow. No issues at BKK or LHR, except for the desperately poor design and operation of LHR T2, but I do not blame TG for that.

6 hours ago, Olmate said:

Thanks but direct is key for few reason, Jetstar is.a.big leap of.faith anyway altho friends tell me much improved now, regards.

And Jetstar is not non-stop I flew cattle class a few weeks back (not business class) and can't complain at all and for a decent price.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

only flown with thai once, not through choice but because it was a flight share. the seats didn't recline and the crew, bizarrely, announced before we took off that people shouldn't sleep on the floor... i've never seen anyone sleeping on an airplane floor. ever.

when booking flights i've always managed to get a quality airline for considerably less than a thai airways ticket, can't understand why people bother with them, unless they enjoy wasting money. up to you, i guess.

Edited by it is what it is
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I've been flying TG for over 20 years. It's a dreadful airline and I'll only use them as a last resort, for the same reasons I'd only use a Thai hotel chain as a last resort i.e. they just don't understand quality, or service. I'd choose SQ or CX over TG whenever possible. Business class on TG is heavily discounted at this time but there are reasons for that.

Edited by Flummoxed

5 minutes ago, Flummoxed said:

I've been flying TG for over 20 years. It's a dreadful airline and I'll only use them as a last resort, for the same reasons I'd only use a Thai hotel chain as a last resort i.e. they just don't understand quality, or service. I'd choose SG or CX over TG whenever possible. Business class on TG is heavily discounted at this time but there are reasons for that.

That does not help if you like to fly Perth BKK nonstop any other airline has 1 stop.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, still kicking said:

That does not help if you like to fly Perth BKK nonstop any other airline has 1 stop.

Well in that case the OP's post is pretty pointless, since the only airline flying direct to Perth is TG. So, anyone wishing to fly direct to Perth, the choice is obvious. So, his decision is between classes on TG. Personally, if paying for Business Class, I'd accept the additional hop to Singapore and choose SQ. I just don't like TG, never have.

Edited by Flummoxed

1 minute ago, Flummoxed said:

Well in that case the OP's post is pretty pointless, since the only airline flying direct to Perth is TG. So, anyone wishing to fly direct to Perth, the choice is obvious.

But the OP did not mention nonstop, and he ask for business class which I never used.

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

But the OP did not mention nonstop, and he ask for business class which I never used.

Is  direct possible with one stop these days, please explain! 

Just now, Olmate said:

Is  direct possible with one stop these days, please explain! 

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Thats what I said 

I do fly Thai because I am slightly handicapped, and Thai is the only airline which flies non-stop to BKK but being a pensioner, I fly cattle class. Singapore Airlines is OK, but I need to stop in Singapore which makes it hard for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Flummoxed said:

Well in that case the OP's post is pretty pointless, since the only airline flying direct to Perth is TG. So, anyone wishing to fly direct to Perth, the choice is obvious. So, his decision is between classes on TG. Personally, if paying for Business Class, I'd accept the additional hop to Singapore and choose SQ. I just don't like TG, never have.

17 hours ago, Olmate said:

Anyone have recent experience to relate, I am travelling soon and keen to hear post Thai resuming these flights, cabin and onboard meals etc checkin, lounges, Immigration , any issues at all really... thank you very much! 

Sorry, lads, thought I indicated I.had booked already, which I have, apologies🥺

2 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I do fly Thai because I am slightly handicapped, and Thai is the only airline which flies non-stop to BKK but being a pensioner, I fly cattle class. Singapore Airlines is OK, but I need to stop in Singapore which makes it hard for me.

Me OAP too, sons wedding so breaks 8 yr drought flying precovid and now post.thai  bankruptcy, much fanfare over thai resuming, so thought I would ask for.review.perhaps Google a.u tuber maybe the.go! Cheers dears

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Me OAP too, sons wedding so breaks 8 yr drought flying precovid and now post.thai  bankruptcy, much fanfare over thai resuming, so thought I would ask for.review.perhaps Google a.u tuber maybe the.go! Cheers dears

Nothing wrong with Thai.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, cheynewalk said:

Jetstar flies nonstop perth to bangkok. In fact have just bought a oneway ticket with them for 4,500 baht!

Perhaps I should cancel my booking, and not need any reviews at.all, thanks olmate😭

12 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Nothing wrong with Thai.

Agree too but have no.recent  experience, hence my.post, ok think I got your drift guys.

22 minutes ago, cheynewalk said:

Jetstar flies nonstop perth to bangkok. In fact have just bought a oneway ticket with them for 4,500 baht!

No there is no nonstop flights Perth BKK only Thai 

• Agree 1