Triton Towing Capacities

Amir

I was wondering if someone would know the towing capacities of a Triton Plus 2.5 Liter 2 WD???

I want to know if i will be able to tow out on trailer a boat weighting around 900 kg (let's say 1400 kg including motor and trailer) out of the Pattaya Ocean Marine Boat slip (which has quite a slope).

Thanks for your suggestions...

I was wondering if someone would know the towing capacities of a Triton Plus 2.5 Liter 2 WD???

I want to know if i will be able to tow out on trailer a boat weighting around 900 kg (let's say 1400 kg including motor and trailer) out of the Pattaya Ocean Marine Boat slip (which has quite a slope).

That's probably not the kind of information most people would know, right off the top of their head. Most people, even yourself, might probably have to go to an internet search engine, say Google, to get that information. Most people, even yourself, might type in "Triton towing capacity" into the search engine. Not too difficult. Certainly easier than posting o a forum.

Page 27 FYI:

http://www.rdr.com.au/docs/Triton.pdf

In my opinion no problems at all, as long you have a propper tow-bar fixed you can tow more

I do make trailers and tow-bars :)

The rule of thumb for towing a trailer. Trailer max 85% of the kerb (empty) weight of the vehicle. power should be no problem for the Triton, don't know the kerb wieght of your vehicle.

Throw some junk in the back to keep the rear wheels in good traction.

Good luck.

For comparison. We have Ford ranger pickups as work vehicles. The first ones were a 2.5 ltr diesels that had no real problems towing trailers that heavy usually on flat surfaces at speeds up to 40 kph.

The biggest problem is stopping quickly with the really heavy loads as the rear wheels tend to lock up and skid. The same goes for my newer one with a 2.9 ltr diesel.

The ranger tow bars have a load limit of 800 kg. In 850,000 Km’s, from a fleet of 6 vehicles we’ve had 1 tow bar failure. That tow bar failed at a weld.

My main concern would be rear wheel slippage on the boat ramp mainly due to a light weight on the rear wheels.

This vehicle itself is approved for 2.000 kg in EU. You need a good tow bar capable of the same. Since its a 2 wd, you may need some weight in the back of the bed if very steep/slippery

Won't be easy as I know that slip at Ocean Marina well.

Biggest disadvantage is not having the 4WD and the low gearing that comes with it.

On the 2WD you'll need to fiddle with the clutch a lot to get going without slipping wheels. Remember, you'll start with your rear wheels in the water on the slip.

Best bet will be at high tide, as at anything much lower your rear wheels will be on algae covered concrete!

Worst case you'll just have to use the Marina's tractor. Should only be a few hundred Baht...