Choosing A Visa

I am currently trying to decide between 2 visa approaches for what i expect to become an open ended stay in Thailand based in Bangkok. My intention is to complete a Masters Programme at Chula (to add to my existing MBA) whilst further researching business opportunities and learning Thai. I would like if at all possible to have the option to gain new clients for my existing consultancy business (obviously having established a Thai Company and obtained a Work Permit, prior to doing any work).

I seem to have 2 choices, either an ED or Non IMM B Visa. I assume that if I choose an ED visa I will have problems with the work element of my plan, and should I find an appropriate business or recruit local clients I will then need to obtain a Non IMM B visa at a later date in order to obtain a work permit? I am thus considering ignoring the possibility of the ED Visa and just taking a Non IMM B (which I assume will not be too problematic since I have a potential $300k to invest).

I wonder in the longer term though which approach would be preferable, particularly in respect of building a residence history for a potential PR application at a later date.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you're in the States, the easiest visa to get is a "B" visa. At one of the honourary consulates (Denver highly recommended), where zero extra paperwork is required, or like LA, where only a letter of intent or a letter of invitation on a business letterhead is required, last I heard. Things have changed a lot in this area lately, so....

My last visa from the States was a "B", and I've had no problems getting extensions, and tomorrow I'll be using it to get my retirement visa. Pretty flexible, it seems. Maybe more flexible than an 'Ed'...

Have fun being a student at Chula. Certainly a campus teeming with beautiful sights :o

If you're in the States, the easiest visa to get is a "B" visa. At one of the honourary consulates (Denver highly recommended), where zero extra paperwork is required, or like LA, where only a letter of intent or a letter of invitation on a business letterhead is required, last I heard. Things have changed a lot in this area lately, so....

My last visa from the States was a "B", and I've had no problems getting extensions, and tomorrow I'll be using it to get my retirement visa. Pretty flexible, it seems. Maybe more flexible than an 'Ed'...

Have fun being a student at Chula. Certainly a campus teeming with beautiful sights  :o

Will be getting the visa in the UK but assuming I will have no problems at Hull. My current GF is I think one of the nicer sights at Chula :D Thanks for the advice :D